The Younger Brothers

Their Mascot

"Yah, Sehun-ah," said a male voice, it had a child-like quality to it. "But Luhan-ge would be upset if something had happened."

I couldn't really make hear a response, but I guess Sehun did reply, because the boy's voice came again, "And Lay-ge is so tired.  He fell asleep while he stood!"  The man's pronounciation was endearingly strained.  But he seemed very upset. "And she is a person."

"I know," Sehun replied, loud enough for me to hear.  I felt like my body was made of lead, I couldn't begin to lift my limbs, and I was fighting to open my eyelids just a little bit.  I was cold, even though I was under plenty of blankets.  I guess we had just gotten back.  I wonder how long I had been unconcious for.. or where I actually ended up.

"Hey, she is only staying for one more day," The voice whined back, "And even if she had left yesterday, we would still have to prevent harm from coming to her for a while." 

I felt somebody sit on the edge of the bed.  I would have tensed my muscles in case they might accidentally lay on me, but muscles barely registered that I had told them to do something.  I'm not sure even a toe moved.  "I wouldn't mind having to watch over her from a far," said the voice that was coming from the foot of the bed.  It sounded like it might be Kai, but it could have been Chen. 

"It would be fun to have a new game to play, or no," He corrected himself, "A new way to pass the time."  I felt a hand on my left calf, I froze, even thought I wasn't moving before.

"It's a girl."  He said, and now I was sure it was Kai.  He was just speaking more softly than I had heard him speak before.  "A fragile and foolish girl that we can play with."

Normally I found whatever Kai said very frightening, but now, even though the words were still cold, it didn't send chills down my spine.  

"Hey,"  Sehun said. "You're not going to be allowed to play with her," He pointed out condescendingly.

Kai laughed quietly, "She's a person, Sehun.  She can be a playmate that we play with, not just a toy.  And won't that be more fun?"

"But Kris-ge won't let us keep her past the full-moon," The young-sounding voice added in.  Jongin patted my foot through the covers, I guess he must have shrugged or shook or nodded his head, because they didn't say anything afterwards for a while.

With much effort, I was able to force open my eyes. My eyes didn't adjust very quickly, and everything was rather blurry.  Kai's hand left my foot and his weight left the mattress.  I tried to blink to see better, and shake my head, as if that would help.  

"Hello," someone said, surprisingly close to my right ear. I tried to flinch away, but I don't think I moved much.  My shoulders weren't responding to my request to sit me up.  "Oh, sorry," said the voice which I didn't recognize.  That convinced my arms to start moving.  Who was this one, who was right next to me?

A hand gently slid between the pillow and the back of my neck, I tried blinking really fast to see more clearly.  It was only color blurs.  The young man' other arm reached around and supported my upper back.  He gently lifted my torso to a half-reclined position, and I guess Sehun or Kai or somebody arranged the pillows so that I would be supported in that position.  My arms were not pushing away the stranger, like I was asking them to.  I thought to cry out, but Sehun and Kai would not be one's to come to my rescue.  Thankfully, the hands let me down softly onto the pillows, and tucked the blankets back around me.

"Oh, is it not good?" Said the man, not in Korean, but in Mandarin, which surprised me.  He said it under his breath, but then switched back to Korean to ask to the others, "She is trembling, I? Call Lay? Um, what should we do?"

He sounded worried.  I was scared, who was this Chinese man?  Why was he here?  Why did Chanyeol leave me with two of the guys who hated me?  I was shaking because I was frightened, and I was very cold.  The forms were becoming more discernable, but I still couldn't tell where the other two men were. 

Someone sat close to me on the bed and rested their hand on the side of my neck.  I caught my breath.  His hand was warm and firm, and something in my gut told me to freeze because that hand could snap my neck in half a heartbeat.

The somebody laughed, it was Sehun. His guffaw came from the foot of the bed, and the hand on the side of my neck fell away.  Kai, whose hand it was, demanded, "What?"

"You're scaring the hell out of her, hyung!"  Sehun explained, still laughing a bit.  "She can't see anything yet!"

I was still frozen, not blinking, I could still feel the warm handprint of Kai's five fingers on my neck.  "She wakes up from the sleep Lay put her in and you both trap her while she is unable to see or move!  Babo!"

"She can't see?" Says the voice I still don't recognize, very close to my right cheek. I blink and try to move away, more successful in my flinching effort this time. I can feel his presence and see the outline of the mandarin-speaking man.  I do not know him, I wish Xiumin or somebody were here.  Why did I have to end up here? With just Kai and Sehun? 

"Tao!" Sehun barks, and the shadow of next to me jerks back.  I would give up these blankets to be able to see better, even thought I feel like I'm out in the snow without a jacket.  

Sehun and Tao must have been exchanging nonverbal queues, because Kai seems to answer  one of their questions, "She's also very cold to the touch."  His hand, moves towards me again, I'm able to see it clearly as he places it over one side of my forehead.  

Now Tao jerks Kai away.  "Yah, Kai!"  He says authoritatively, "You should check her hand or somepart that isn't a vital part."  He gently pulls my left arm from under the covers.  I can make out his sandy hair now, as he stands close to me.  "Wah, really is cold.  Sehun-ah, what should we do?  Should I go get Kris?" 

Now Kai was scolding, "No, we're left with babysitting duty," I could tell that he turned to glare at Sehun, "thanks to you.  So we will warm her up."  Kai reached his hand slowly this time, to my head.  He gently petted my hair, "you are cold, yes?"

My eyes were focusing better now, and I could almost see the details of his face. It seemed less menacing than before.  His eyes were actually large and sparkly, not menacing like they had been before.  I nodded and croaked out something that resembled a yes.  I tried to swallow so I could speak. But then he froze.  "Yes?" I said.

Tao sat down on his side, pushing Kai so that he slid off the other side of the bed.  Sehun wasn't moving either, just standing there with a face that seemed very very judgemental.  

 

 

 

~ chapter not finished yet +___+ so many words but so litttle progress duibuqi/mianhabnida