Uninvited Guest

Their Mascot

Uninvited Guest

            “CHEN!”  An angry man shouted, waking me.  I was lying on a bed of some sort.  I felt weak, the pain was a little duller, but still I was unable to gather the energy to open my eyes.

            “Luhan and D.O said you brought a injured human!  Tell me this isn’t-“  He broke off his growl.  The angry one inhaled sharply and I could practically feel his disapproval.

            “It’s a girl,” said a quieter voice.  He seemed to be stating the fact with distaste.

            “Explain yourself,” said another man whose voice seemed to be getting closer.  Judging by his voice he was both angry and distressed.

            “She was hurt so I brought her to Lay,” came the comforting voice that had carried me through the woods.  He didn’t sound intimidated by the other men.

            “Tao, leave the room and take the others out for drinks,”  The angry shouter said menacingly.  “Insist they go.  The drinks are on Chen.”  His voice was burning with power.

            I could sense this Tao person’s hesitancy to leave.  “Kris Should I tell Luhan hyung and D.O hyung to keep it a secret?”

            “It doesn’t matter,” The angry man snapped.  Then seeming to realize he was scolding an innocent party, he added, “You can take drive my car as long as you don’t let any of them ride in it if they get too drunk.”

            “Thanks Kris,” said Tao, he closed the door behind him as he left.

            “How did you expect-?”  One of them began to ask but was interrupted by the angry Kris.

            “WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?  YOU BROUGHT IT BACK HERE?”  His shouts were deafening.  I shivered, I could feel his simmering anger and burning hatred for me without even looking at him.

            “Kris.” A new man said.  “Please calm down, she needs to sleep.”

            “Shut up Lay,” Kris snapped.  “You’re in trouble too.  I can’t believe this.”

            “Her bus drove off a cliff on one of the windy roads, she was thrown from the wreckage.  Everyone else was dead but her heart was still beating.  It was beating a slow cry for help, she was dying, Kris!”

            “Did you think about the consequences?”

            “Suho, hyung, she was dying, I couldn’t leave her there,” Chen responded pleading.

            “What about the human rescue people?  Your impulsive action could endanger all of us, we can’t keep her.”  Suho responded.

            “Actually, given the time and location of the accident, they would probably not have been found until tomorrow,” The person who I assumed was Lay said calmly.  “With her injuries, even if she had been taken to a human hospital, I doubt she would survive.”

            What happened?  The bus had driven off a cliff?  How was I still alive?  Had everybody else really died?  How could this man, Chen, have rescued me?  And how could Lay save me?  Who were these people?  I had to open my eyes, to ask them, to know what was happening!

            “She is not our problem,” Kris said, not shouting but still his voice with it’s deep and angry tone still frightened me.

            “She’s stirring, Lay!”  Chen exclaimed.  Then he growled, “Kris, don’t touch her!”

            “Can you three discuss this elsewhere, I need to focus, her spine is really messed up and she’s resisting falling back asleep.”  Lay calmly responded.

            “Certainly,” replied Suho, “but, Lay, please do not get too attached.”

            The door creaked open and their voices grew fainter.  “Kris is right, she’s none of her business, you should have left her.”

            “I couldn’t leave her.”

            “Yes you could have!”  Kris shouted.  The door closed behind them and I felt a wave of numbness wash over me.

            Somebody sat down on the bed next to me.  What were they going to do with me?  Where was I?  “Chen won’t let Kris hurt you,” Lay said soothingly.  Another wave of numb washed over me.  “And I won’t let Suho kick you out until you’re all better.”  The numbness was beginning to seep into my mind.  “Go to sleep, nothing bad will happen to you.”

            I couldn’t fight the urge to give into sleep.  If Chen had saved me and if Lay was with Chen then I could trust him right?  Whoever they were, they had saved my life.