Chapter Three

Moving On

Dear Diary,

Valentine's Day...  Today I've decided to confess to him, my sunbae.  Who knows that confessing to a guy like him would be hard? Girls always surround him whenever they get the chance.  This ...  I really want to say it to him.  Those words.

______________Hannah, February 14, 2013

 

"Hannah, have you decided to write a letter to him?" One of the nurses asked.  She was the only one that knows the secret that I like him.  A close friend perhaphs but more like a mother to me.

 

"Letter?" I asked.

 

"Yes.  Sometimes, girls write letters to express how they feel to the guys they love.  One true feeling can never be said out loud and so they decided to write them down and give it to the boys instead," she said as she placed down my food tray.

 

"I-I don't have anything to say that's indirect.  I have to say it all to him straight," I said and smiled.  The nurse nodded.

 

"I understand that very well.  You don't have much time...  Will you really be okay?" she asked.  I nodded. 

 

"Yes...  I am fine."

 

That's when I decided to go to school in the afternoon to talk to him properly.  I want to see him so bad.  These thoughts filled up my head as I made my way towards the front gate of the school.  I want to see him.  I want to see him.  I want to see him...

I clutched onto my chest as it panged in pain.  This always happens but I won't let it stop me.

I want to see him.  I have that reason to hold onto.

This one sided love.  Whether it is completed or not, I still want to see him.

Then there I saw him.  Kai.  My sunbae.  Waiting under the Sakura tree.  He is staring at his phone and smiling.

 

I smiled.  Maybe the nurse told him that I was coming.

I have chance still. 

I can still make it...

"Kai-sunbae!" I cried out.  Kai looked at me.  I looked at him.

Time froze around us.  There was no sound.  Just the wind breezing past by us, sending my hair flowing against it.  I ran.

I ran towards him like there is no tomorrow.  I ran.  I ran.  Clutching my chest.  I ran.

 

"Kai-sunbae, I have something to tell you." I said.  Kai smiled and looked at me.

"What is it?" he asked calmly as he flipped his phone closed.

"I-....  I..." I stuttered.  Kai looked at me in concern.

"Hannah, what is it? Something the matter?" he asked.  I shook my head.

Then...  

 

 

Out came the words:  "I love you".