Chapter 17 – Tampering with a Precious Memory

It's Going To End With You And Me

 

         It was almost lunch time, I started gathering my things even though the professor wasn’t done talking yet. A few seconds before the bell rang I was already by the door. I could hear my friends calling my attention.

 

         I stopped and turned towards my friends when we were already out of the classroom, “I don’t feel like eating today. Go on eat by yourselves, I’ll be somewhere, call me if you need anything.”

 

         With that they didn’t protest nor said anything, they just nodded and head towards the opposite direction.

 

 

         I was out of the school building, I inhaled a stomach full of fresh-air. I glance around the field to find somewhere to hang. I spotted a huge old shady tree and immediately smirked at the perfect spot.

 

         I sat down and grab a book; not for reading but to cover my face with. I laid down and rested my head on my back pack, I took a deep breathe again and slowly looked up to branches of the tree.

 

         “AAAAHHHHHHH!”

 

         It was so out of my character to scream, but I got startled to see someone up the branch resting, and it seems that I wasn’t the only that was startled because I saw the person flinch and finally fell off the tree with a thud.

 

         I felt a strong beat from my whole body, why does it seems that I’ve been in this situation before?

 

         I stared at the person.

 

         He dusted himself as e got up from the ground. I noticed that he has a mask that covered the bottom half of his face, but I could see the he was staring at me, clearly burying holes at my head through his fringe.

 

         He looked familiar, he was someone in the group of guys that claimed that I was friends with them?

 

         “Y-yah, who are you?” I stuttered for a moment but composed myself.

 

         He just stared at me and without answering me, he turned his back at me and walked away. I stared further at the guy’s disappearing figure.

 

         Huh. Deja vu.

 

 

         I tried to ignore the feeling and the guy, as I drifted to a short nap before lunch break ends.

 

 

         That was a nice nap.

 

         I smirked as I started heading back inside the campus building, when I noticed there were 7 guys talking near the entrance and it was hard to miss when some girls were loud-whispering and ogling at them. I was near them when I heard part of their conversation, I don’t know what’s wrong with me to even give a damn about others but they just seem familiar.

 

         “Seriously L, what are you up to? And what is with that ridiculous mask?” The one that was nagging flailed his arms out in frustration, and I shifted my gaze briefly to the one being nagged at and saw it was the guy from before and it seems he recognized me because he stared at me.

 

         “You” “You” Both of us; the guy in the mask and I said in unison.

 

         The rest of his friends stopped and stared at the two of us, completely confused and surprised.

 

         “HaeMin-ah!” There was one girly boy taller than me squealed practically jumping as he moved towards in front of me. “Do you finally remember us?”

 

         I looked at them weirdly; scrutinizing their features and just then I felt a flash in my head, I saw a similar image like this making me turn the other way.

 

         “You” “You” Both Me and the masked guy said at the same time.

 

         “You know each other already?” Someone asked confused.

 

         “No.” “No.” we both said again at the same time.

 

         I furrowed my brows at the image and look back at them.

 

         “Who are you?” I asked rather immediately and staring at the girly-boy.

 

         “Oh! Let me introduce to you my friends!” He sounded delighted hearing that I have probably taken interest on who they were.

 

         “I want you to meet my friends…” he said and started to pull me faster…

 

         “O-kay… Well, these are my friends” …

 

         Images kept popping out inside my head, it seems like memories that was similar to what was happening now.

 

         Are they the ones in the memory?

 

         The guy who was called Sungjong started introducing the names of his hyungs and I also reminded me that we are block mates in Business Ad.And he also told me that their group and I went back to being High School friends too and Sungjong was my classmate.

 

         “Myungsoo…” I mumbled as I repeated the name of the masked guy. I couldn’t put a finger on it but their names really sounded familiar but the most familiar one was Myungsoo’s and I still have no idea what we were back in High School and their group was called ‘Infnite’.

 

         I wanted to say that I don’t give a damn but then I would be lying to them and to myself as well, and I don’t even know why I can’t say it to their faces that what we had back in High School; I don’t give a single anymore.

 

         “Well, anyways HaeMin-ah, we should get going because lunch is almost over and we have Accounting next and you know Prof doesn’t like students who are late.” Sungjong’s voice brought me back to reality and nodded timidly at him, unable to comprehend what to say anymore.

 

         Sungjong and I were preparing to head inside when I caught the gaze of Myungsoo that pierced right through me, “Don’t hurt yourself, thinking of your memories. It’s okay, you don’t have to remember.” I was taken aback by the sound of his voice because this is the first time I heard his voice since I saw him, but what really surprised me beyond was that he figured out what I was thinking, he saw right through me.

 

         “Why do you look scared?” He asked looking at me.

 

         I was surprised and I looked away from his gaze. How could he have guessed?

 

         “I’m not, what are you talking about?” I lied.

 

         “You don’t fool me… you may have a blank face that hides your true emotions but I can see through your mask.” He said.

 

         I snapped my gaze back at him. How can he? It’s impossible.

 

         “It’s not impossible… I know that because I also hide what I really feel.” He said letting go of my arm that I didn’t realize that he was still holding it until now.

 

         I let out a strained gasped as I stared at him. I was horrified, worried and amazed at the same time. I shook the images away.

 

         Is he really the one in these images?

 

         “H-HaeMin-shi, are you alright?” I heard polls of ‘are you okays’ as I stared at ground at particularly nothing.

 

         If I wasn’t pulled out of my thought I would have probably fainted again, but it was a good thing some people came and distracted me.

 

         “Infinite?” I heard another familiar-unfamiliar voice from behind making me turn and look at them.

 

         They were like 18 guys, staring at Sungjong’s group, they didn’t seem to notice me for a moment because they were staring at particular person; Myungsoo who was looking at me, that was when they finally noticed me and they looked utterly shocked that I was with Infinite.

 

         “Hae-HaeMin,” One spoke as he stared at me with the faintest melancholy smile but precipitously changed when he looked like he realized something horrible as his gaze moved back to Myungsoo with a disoriented expression.

 

         “Wha,” was the only thing he could probably utter at the moment.

 

         “Sungjong-shi, would you and the rest of the maknae’s get going to your class,” his eyes never left Myungsoo’s as I could see that his facial expression started hardening but he was trying to compose himself but I could see to the faltering of his composure.

 

         “Uh… HaeMin-ah, let’s go. Come on Zelo-ah, Jong-up-ah, Kai-ah, Tao-ah and Sehun-ah.” Sungjong cleared his throat as he bowed to the rest to excuse us, he motioned me to leave the crowd as I saw 5 other guys follow behind but one guy; who has pink colored hair and was taller than the one who ordered for us to leave.

 

         “Daehyun-hyung…” muttered the pink haired guy.

 

         The one called Daehyun looked at his dongsaeng and nodded with a reassuring look, “It’s okay Zelo-ah, no need to worry.”

 

         I looked at the people who remained as I was being gentle dragged towards the campus building. I couldn’t help but feel worried sensing that something was about to happen.

 

         Huh. I didn’t know I could feel something like that so people especially GUYS.

 

         “Don’t think about it too much HaeMin-ah.” I heard Sungjong reassuring me, maybe he saw the worried look on my face so I quickly composed myself and brushed his hand away.

 

>Author’s P.O.V<

 

         As soon as HaeMin and the rest of the group’s maknaes left, Daehyun glared at Myungsoo, so does the rest of B.A.P.

 

         “What do you think you’re doing?”

 

         Myungsoo just shrugged as he brought the mask to expose his mouth that showed a smirk. The rest of Infinite just stared at their group member, “We’ve been asking that since this morning.”

 

         “I know, you know what exactly what I’m doing,”

 

         “How dare you?!” Yongguk; B.A.P’s leader couldn’t believe what Myungsoo has done.

 

         While B.A.P and Myungsoo were having their exchange of galres and Daehyun having to restrain himself from punching the living hell out of Myungsoo, the rest of infinite and EXO we’re all in the shadows.

 

         “Wait, Wait, Wait! What exactly is Myungsoo doing, Daehyun?” it was Baekhyun’s turn to speak as he didn’t like being kept in the dark, especially in the matters the involve Jo Hae Min.

 

         Just then Teen Top arrived and joined the little gathering they were having and greeted the other guys but it seems that there was a tense atmosphere around so they shut up and listened.

 

         Daehyun broke his eye contact with Myungsoo and looked at Baekhyun, and to the rest of guys and noticed Teen Top and briefly acknowledge their arrival before going back to the serious matter.

 

         “Remember what he said last time? He’s using HaeMin’s amnesia to his advantage and he’s also taking advantage of the memories HaeMin had, that are buried deep in her mind.”

 

         It was silent for a while, Daehyun and Myungsoo was back to glaring each other as the rest of B.A.P knew why Daehyun was exceptionally angry at him.

 

 

         “What?” Baekhyun finally spoke after a minutes of silence, everyone else were also still confused at what Daehyun meant and just stared at Daehyun with a confused expression.

 

         “Don’t you get it? This bastard is tampering with HaeMin’s memory, he’s making HaeMin believe that He is ME in her memories!” Daehyun couldn’t contain his anger at Myungsoo as he clenched his fists harder.

 

         Another pin-dropped silence occurred after Daehyun bellowed his anger.

 

 

         “Ooh! That explains the mask. You were like that back in High School huh?” Dongwoo stated as Daehyun stared at him with ‘No-kidding’ look making the rest of Infinite to shake their head as they pitied their friend.

 

         “But you’re missing the whole point! He’s changing his image to make HaeMin believe that HE is me in the past!” Daehyun flailed his arms out in frustration.

 

         “He’s stealing Daehyun-ah’s precious memories with MaeMin-ah!” Himchan glared at Myungsoo who looked unfazed.

 

         The rest; Teen Top, EXO and the remaining Infinite members to look at Myungsoo with disgust, pity and anger.

 

         “What the is wrong with you?!” It was C.A.P’s turn to roar.

 

         Myungsoo just shrugged yet again it was getting irritating for Daehyun, Baekhyun and even L.joe. Myungsoo looked at Baekhyun, L.joe and lastly Daehyun with a smug look, “If you’re that angry why not steal mine as well? Or better yet exchange with one another?”

 

         The 3 looked at him with disbelief.

 

         “Oh come on! Don’t pretend you didn’t considered my thoughts last time.” Myungsoo pulled back the mask as he left the crowd since it was a few minute till his 1st subject on the afternoon to start and the rest of Infnite excused themselves as they left and followed Myungsoo inside the building.

 

         EXO looked at Baekhyun, B.A.P at Daeyun and Teen Top with L.joe. Their members were looking at them, waiting for their reaction.

 

         “He’s right though.” The three mumbled at the same time as they looked at each other, when they heard what each of them said.

_____________________________________

Double Update. WHAHAHA!

DUN DUN DUN!

The previous one was just a filler chapter.

So anywaaays..

I would really love for you guys to leave a comment, any suggestions, criticism and or just anything

is highy appreciated you guys. :*

 

COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE~!

Ppyong~♥