Chapter 14 – Lost Time

It's Going To End With You And Me

 

        I gasped.

 

        I suddenly fluttered my eyes open and quickly sat up as my heart was still accelerating all of a sudden. I dreamt that I was falling and my body jerked awake from it.

 

        I rubbed my eyes.

 

        I could feel something stuck on my hand and some tube attached to my nose. My eyebrow furrowed at my current state. I was fully awake now and full of curiosity.

 

        I looked around; I was around a plain room with uniformed clothes from the curtains, to the bed sheets, and to the pillows. I looked at my right and I had UV, oxygen pump and heart monitor.

 

        Hospital came quickly into my mind.

 

        “What am I doing here?”

 

        I tried remembering on how on earth I would end up in a pathetic hospital. But when I tried to think really hard because I was getting nothing from my memories; my mind was like a huge black hole, nothing, just pure blackness. My head started throbbing and there were different kinds of pain I was feeling.

 

        I clutched my head and I felt some bandage bind up around my head.

 

        “Argh! Aaaah!” I screamed as I was trying to endure the pain but to no avail it was getting unbearable and I heard my heart monitor beeping loud.

 

        Just then I could hear running footsteps coming near me.

 

        I was still clutching to my head hanging low, I’m not stupid to know that they were nurses, 3 to be exact.

 

        “Call Doctor Kim now!” I heard a one screamed as the other to try to help me to calm down.

 

        Why are they speaking in Korean? I’m in Cali.

 

        “Easy now, Miss Jo. I’m going to inject anesthesia, it’s going to be okay.” I heard the same nurse.

 

        Just then I heard a door open and closed and running footsteps again, “What happened? What’s going on? What’s wrong with my daughter?!” I heard a familiar voice; whom I’ve always talked to from Korea.

 

        Mom.

 

        “Mom? Mom? Mom, it hurts! Mom!” I keep crying out.

 

        Just then I could feel the pain lessening but I could feel my body feeling numb. After a while I heard another door open and then close and I tried to keep my eyes open that were fighting to close, I saw a white figure walked towards me with chart on his hand.

 

        Then I fell asleep.

 

~*o0o*~

 

        I slowly opened my eyes and tried to adjust my eyes to the light. I turned my head around and just then my eyes fell towards a figure that was resting half of her body on the bed while holding my left hand.

 

        I shifted a bit but it made her jolt awake and quickly stared at me with worry.

 

        “Are you alright, honey?” she asked in a soft angelic voice.

 

         I missed her so much.

 

        “What are you doing here?” I asked her.

 

        “Well to take care of you, of course.” She laughed and smiled at me as she the back of my left hand.

 

        I just stared at her, “No, I mean. What are you doing here in Cali?” I blinked at her.

 

        My mom’s smile faded and looked puzzled, “Honey, what do you mean, we’re in S.korea.” she muttered but I heard it.

 

        “Really? Well, I guess that explains why the nurses back there were speaking Korean. So, you actually went through with it… what school am I starting again?” I asked casually.

 

        “Seoul University…” she was still confused.

 

        Now I was the one getting confused, “What? What do you mean University? I’m still in high school.” I stared at her.

 

        My mom felt scared all of a sudden and pressed the button on the control that was beside my bed.

 

        After a minute a doctor came escorted with a nurse.

 

        “What’s wrong with my patient? Is everything aright?” The doctor smiled at me then at my mom.

 

        “Can I talk to you? Outside?” Mom worriedly asked and the doctor motioned my mom to lead the way and they left. I was left with the nurse who was staring at me.

 

        “Are you alright?” she asked.

 

        I just stared at her.

 

        “How long have I been here?” I asked in a monotone.

 

        She suddenly bit her bottom lip while looking at the door then back at me. “I don’t know if I should tell you… but you’ve been in a coma for 5 months.”

 

        What?

 

        “What?”

 

        I remained composed and just stared at the nurse. I’ve always been this composed.

 

        Just then I saw the table by the built in cabinet, there were bunch of flowers and a deflated balloon around it.

 

        “Did I ever have other visitors besides my umma?” I turned back towards the nurse.

 

        The nurse smiled sadly, “Why yes. The last 5 months, I’ve been assign to you, there would always a lot of people in this room, and they were making noise and talking to you while you’re in a coma. We told them that you’re just asleep and you can hear them talking… we sometimes get complains from the room below because they were scared the floor might collapse.” She chuckled a bit.

 

        I just nodded.

 

        “Girls?” I asked.

 

        “No… 5 groups of good-looking guys. I wonder where you found them, but there were 4 beautiful girls that visited about 3 times last month.” She smiled.

 

        "When was the last time I had other visitors?" I stared at the table again.

 

        "About... more than a month from now." I scoffed at that.

 

        "So they grew tired of visiting?" I asked no one in a inaudible tone, it worked because the nurse didn't react.

 

        I nodded again.

 

        Still nothing.

 

        I don’t remember anything.

 

        Just then my mom and the doctor came in, my mom looked at me and smiled a bit. I nodded.

 

        “What did you talk about?” I asked.

 

        “You’re mother here was really scared for a bit… I told her that it was common if a person who was in a coma to have amnesia. I’m going to ask you something, what’s the last memory you remember?”

 

        I just stared at the doctor and then at my mom.

 

        “I remember coming home late from… my friend’s house. It was the day when appa told me I’m going back to S.korea—I mean here, and I was really pissed about it and so I run out and kind of run into trouble with my friends.” I shrugged.

 

        “B-but… that was 2 years ago.” She said in a breathless voice.

 

        “Hmmm… I’m going to have more tests with your head, Miss HaeMin.” The doctor said as he nodded.

 

        It was silent. Just then the doctor cleared his throat and excused himself and went out with the nurse following behind.

 

        “So… What exactly happened?” I asked my mom.

 

        “You were hit by a car. You shouldn’t try hard to remember all at once, the doctor said it was bad for you to be under stress and don’t think too much.” My mom sat beside me while patting my head.

 

        "Do you know who hit me?"

 

        "It's still ongoing investigation... It seems that the car that hit you was stolen and we still don't know who was the one driving that car that day." My mom explained as she sadly looked at me.

 

        “Your friends have been worried sick about you. I should tell them you’re awake.” My mom cheered as she walked towards her bad to get her phone.

 

        “Don’t.” I said in a hard tone.

 

        My mom turned to look at me with questioning look, “What’s wrong? Don’t you want everyone to know you’re awake?”

 

        “Don’t. Just don’t, I don’t want to bother Song-jin and the rest... and if they really are worried about me, shouldn’t they be here?” I raised my left eyebrow as I looked at her phone with hatred.

 

        My mom continued to stare at me, “It wasn’t just memories that was erased from you… you’re back to your old self before you arrive here.” My mom muttered.

 

        “Where’s appa?” I ignore her muttering.

 

        “H-he… had another .” My mom said in a low voice, trying to stop her voice from cracking.

 

        But I heard it; I quickly sat up, “What? Another? When did he have a ? Where is he?” I was panicking.

 

 

        I could feel my heart hurt, clench and twist in to a knot. I tried to think.

 

        “ARGH! Ah! Where’s appa?!” I yelled. My head started hurting again.

 

 

        “Nurse! Nurse!” I heard my mom yell from afar.

 

        I feel asleep again.

 

 

 

        It was like that every day. I’ve been stuck at the hospital for like more than a week or 2. My doctor said I could go home, after his tests. He could see that I was doing my best not to think about my past, and he scheduled me for some therapy the next month.

 

        I just have to go back track.

 

        To my surprise, my mom said that I was already in college, so I was grateful. I just have to focus on my school and things like that.

 

        My appa was also discharged from the hospital a few days hearing my awakening. I was happy him back to his feet.

 

 

        My mom said if in school, there’d be people talking to me she said they were my friends. I was really confused because I never had any friends other than my gang.

        But what shocked me the most was that, they already knew I was a gangster and they said that I was already opening up to some people.

 

 

        I just have to live on. I don’t need to remember it all at once like my mom said.

 

        I guess no sense of moping around on people I forgot, because I see that they’ve already moved on with their lives without me after hearing that they haven’t visit me even once, when I woke up.

 

        Forget me, I forget you too.

=====================================================

HERE's AN UPDATE!! :D

<you/>you, What'd you think?

It's bad isn't it? T^T

COMMENT please! :D

COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE~!:D

& & UPVOTE too!

pwease! xD