VIII

Uncommitted to the Only One

Sunday found Minho bored out of his mind, yet again. 

But in this boredom, his mind continuously drifted toward Minyoung.

How could a girl that he only knew for 2 days make him smile and laugh and just feel plain happy more than a girlfriend he had for 4 years?

This bothered Minho so much that he couldn't concentrate on anything. 

>Hara<3: we're landing tonight. i'll see you later right? 

>Minho: Yeah, of course!! Have a safe flight :)

>Hara<3: Emoticons..?

>Minho: I'm a little bored, don't judge

Minho could tell he was acting a little out of character. He never really showed his fun side to anyone he considered a part of his elite life. He was acting more of like how he would act with Minyoung.

>Hara<3: Don't you think we're a little old to be acting so childish..

There she went again, trying to shape Minho into a perfect executive and trying to fit him into a stereotype from which he could never step a foot out of. He was quite annoyed. She had been pestering him like this ever since they graduated their university. He received constant reminders from her that it was time to grow up, stand a little taller, talk a little louder, shake hands a little firmer - why did he have to act this way, especially if he didn't want to? 

What kind of life was defined by these social barriers?

>Minho: See you at 7

Minho drove his flashy sports car to the airport just to greet the Gu's. He knew that they would probably have their own private limo to drive them to their manor, but he was invited for dinner and was probably expected to personally take Hara.

>Minyoung: I'm thinking of playing this sound when I go up to make my speech. Thoughts?

She sent him a link following that text. Feeling a little spontaneous, he hit the play button. As Minho neared the airport, the song finally louded and intense rap music blasted from his smartphone. Minho's face immediately lit up, thoroughly amused.

>Minho: Definitely. It suits you.

Minho parked his car and got out, heading towards the airport.

Almost immediately, he was able to spot the Gu family. Mr. Gu was dressed very nicely in a brandname suit. Mrs. Gu had on the latest fur coat and donned sunglasses, looking very conceited for being indoors. Hara looked like a supermodel fresh off the runway in a maxi dress, sunglasses, and a floppy hat. Hero looked like a pop sensation in trendy clothes, donning his signature smirk. 

Minho took a deep breath, knowing he always had to keep up his appearance in front of the Gu parents.

He confidently strode over, remembering Hara's constant tips about proper posture. 

"Hello, Mr. Gu. Hello, Mrs. Gu." Minho firmly shook hands with Hara's father and gave a light hug to Hara's mother. He gave Hara a quick kiss on the cheek and Hero a friendly clap on the back. 

After he initially greeted everyone, he knew he had passed the test yet again.

"It's very thoughtful of you to see us, son." Mr. Gu commented impassively.

"Yes, thank you. You are joining us for dinner, correct?" Mrs. Gu, asked in a reserved manner.

Minho smiled nodding in agreement.

It would be another boring event.