IV

Uncommitted to the Only One

Loosening up his tie, taking off his suit jacket, and rolling up his sleeves, Minho locked his car and headed to Shine's entrance. A line was formulating with presumably rich people ready to party and have a good time on a Friday night. Minho headed straight for the front.

"Hey, get back in-" The bouncer began to say before he was cut off.

"Yo, check it, Z this is my main homie Lee Minho. He gets in free and whenever he wants, got that bro?" Joon stepped out, his signature smirk planted on his face. 

"My apologies, Minho. I just haven't seen you in forever, I could barely recognize you." Z responded coolly, opening the velvet rope and letting Minho in. 

"Yo man. I haven't seen you in foreva! But, listen, I wanna stay with you and all, but this girl, she-" 

Minho cut Joon off with a knowing look. "It's fine, Joon. I know you well enough."

The two exchanged a chuckle and did a fraternity-like handshake. 

"Catch you later, aight?" Joon shouted, as he led a very pretty girl away. 

Shaking his head and laughing to himself, Minho entered the club. Just as usual it was packed, but not in a trashy way. The music was pumping loud and the dance floor was filled with classy looking people. Cool flourescent and neon lights decked the modern area, giving the place a sleek ambiance. 

Minho first decided to head towards the bar. 

"What can I get you?" A voice asked. A girl was crouching down picking up something. 

"A shot. No chaser." Minho smoothly said, sitting down. 

The girl stood up. "Coming right up." 

She took out a bottle and poured it in a shot glass for him, giving him a smile. And that's when Minho looked up. 

A young girl around his age with very pretty facial features and medium length black hair looked back at him. Minho downed the shot and felt the liquid smoothly go down. 

"Hi. I'm Lee Minho. What's your name?"

"Park Minyoung."

"Nice to meet you." 

"Nice to meet you too."

"How are you?"

She looked back at him with an inquiring expression. "You're the first person to actually ask that question."

"Well, I tend to care about other people's feelings."

She laughed. "That's good. Well... oh gosh, when was the last time someone asked me that? I'm doing okay. You?"

"I'm okay. Kinda tired."

"Tired?"

"Yeah.. just tired, of life, you know?"

She looked at him with an understanding look. "I understand how you feel." 

Finally, someone who gets it.