X

Uncommitted to the Only One

Hello everyone!! Sorry for the late update! I just came back from vacation! :D

I am changing the set up of the story now that he main characters have been basically introduced. Now we will follow not just Minho but Minyoung as well.

THANK YOU FOR READING! PLEASE SUB & COMMENT FOR ENCOURAGEMENT :)

* * *

 

Hara suddenly entered the room and her parents stopped the discussion they had going about marriage.

"Shall we move into the dining area?" Mrs. Gu asked.

The two women proceeded into the room and Mr. Gu said confidentially, "With women, it is is best not to wait. After all, you've found each other and as a worthy candidate, you are saving our family from the trouble of arranging a marriage. What are you waiting for?" Mr. Gu then followed his family to the dining area.

Minho shook his head to clear his confusing thoughts.

What was he waiting for?

He had known Hara for almost 4 years and they had a relationship that, although wasn't very exciting, proved very compatible. He catered to all her needs and they seemed to match very well. Both families would happily accept the marriage without a single issue.

Their marriage could not be more perfect.

No, Minho told himself. Marriage is much too soon. He then proceeded to follow the rest of the Gu's to the dining area.

The Gu's ate in what seemed to be a lavish dining hall fit for a five star restaurant. A long, mahogany-colored table centered the richly furnished room. Heavy curtains covered the majestic windows, luxurious candles, flowers, and antiques decorated the room, and maids were stationed in every corner.

The five of them sat down around the table as maids brought out the appetizer of the fancy dinner. Soon, business talk and corporate gossip filled the table from the mouths of Mr. and Mrs. Gu, but their kids remained silent. The parents asked Minho for his input every once in a while, but this proved to be a typical dinner.

Quiet, expensive, and boring. 

Just like their lives.

- - -

Minyoung confidently walked up to the podium to receive her diploma from the university. After giving a positive and well-received valedictorian's speech, she patiently waited for the ceremony to end.

And she patiently waited for a certain someone to show up.

Minyoung did not know why, but she was completely intrigued by Minho. Men like him did not simply pop up randomly in her life - she was never one of those girls who easily met their Prince Charming and lived happily ever after. 

Minyoung had relationships in the past, but they were all brief connections with guys and nothing too serious. She had to focus on her studies to maintain her scholarship and get out into the real world. She considered herself a self-made and independent woman.

Coming from a family of four children, money was constantly tight. Her oldest sister rarely came back to visit as she was traveling the world with her wealthy fiance. Her younger sister had just entered college and was about to embark on a study abroad program. Minyoung worried gravely for her younger sister because she loved to live on the wild side. The youngest in the family was her brother and he was still in high school. Although Minyoung stressed out about him as well, she knew that he was the one her parents constantly watched over, so she had to learn to let go.

Minyoung was undoubtedly the brightest in her family, but sometimes, being the best does not give one the most attention.

And Minyoung had learned to come to terms with this realization. 

That's why she shrugged it off when Minho did not show up to her graduation, like he said he would.