VI

Uncommitted to the Only One

The next day, Minho woke with a slight headache. He groaned and rolled over on his other side, stretching a little before bumping into someone.

A very pretty someone, who, if Minho recalled correctly, was named Minyoung.

Minho's eyes widened and he thought to himself: did he really have THAT much to drink last night? Panic began to spread in his body as he looked at the girl who was most definitely not his girlfriend, Gu Hara. And even with Hara she would never allow herself to sleep over as that would ruin her image and put her values into question.

The girl began to wake up when suddenly -

Minho's eyes fluttered open, his heart pounding and his whole body sweating. It had all been a dream. Well, not the clubbing and making out with Minyoung, but the part where she slept over in his bed, practically .

And then it hit him. He had actually kissed another girl when his girlfriend was out of town. This was so unexpected for Minho. He considered himself a very loyal man who had stuck faithfully with Hara for four years, and he was expecting many more to come. What did he just do?

Relax, he told himself. It wasn't as if he would continue being with the other girl. It was just a one time thing.

Shaking off the foreboding feeling that overcame him, he slowly crawled out of bed. A quick glance at his clock indicated that it was already 11 AM on Saturday. 

He sighed to himself. With the Gu's out of town, he really didn't know what to do. Normally on weekends, Hara dragged him out with her or he hung out with their family. With regard to Minho's own family... well, that was another story. The Lee's did not exactly have a good relationship, to say the least. 

Minho suspected the next time he would see his own parents would be his wedding.

He froze. What had prompted the thought of a wedding to come up in his mind?

Sure, he and Hara had been dating for 4 years.. but Minho was still 23, and Hara was almost 23 also. They were both very young. But still.. 4 years was a VERY long time. Even if they were both too young to know a lot, they suited each other perfectly. Minho knew that Hara did love him deeply, and they understood the lifestyles they had both grown up with. Being with Hara would be the easy way out.

Wooooooah. Now where did that thought come from? When did Minho start having such bitter thoughts about his loving girlfriend?

Loving. Who was he kidding? Their relationship was at a plateau. To be quite frank, it was just plain boring. Absolutely nothing was exciting about Minho's life anymore.

He looked around his apartment. The once innovative and shiny flat now looked dull and mundane in his eyes. Sighing once again, Minho got up and cooked himself breakfast. Unsure of what to do with himself, he sat in front of the TV.

An hour later he found himself succumbing to boredness. 

Had he really no friends? He pulled out his sleek smart phone and thumbed through the contacts.

"Home.. work... work... Hara... Joon... Mrs. Gu... Mr. Gu... Mr. Kwon..." he read to himself. Wow. He truly had no friends, and he didn't want to bother Joon again. Suddenly he got to "Park Minyoung". Wait. He had gotten her number?

I must have been reallllyy drunk, Minho thought. 

He turned off his flat screen television and went to get dressed. He needed a breather and he couldn't stay cooped up in his apartment all day. 

After changing, Minho walked out of his fancy apartment complex and into the bright and bustling city. He walked quickly, blending into the crowd and allowing his feet to follow the flow of human traffic.

His phone buzzed. 

>Hara<3: Hey babe. Flight was good. In Jeju with Mom and Dad. Gonna see Hero now.. I'll text you as soon as I can. 

Minho stared at his phone. Oops. Not once had it crossed his mind to text Hara first and ask how everything was. But still, it annoyed him how she didn't bother asking about him.

>Minho: I'm glad. Stay safe. Talk to you soon.

Minho hadn't meant to sound completely indifferent, but this wasn't the first time that Hara hadn't bothered to reach out into his personal life. Rolling his eyes, he safely tucked his phone into his shorts' pocket and entered the mall. Maybe he would pick up a gift for Hara since her birthday was coming up.

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea, he thought to himself. He absentmindedly wandered the mall in search of the Pandora jewelry store. Finally, he spotted the store across the mall. He strode over and that's when he saw the girl again. 

Fate likes to play cruel jokes, he thought nervously to himself. Should he just play it cool and pretend to never see her ever again? True, he had stolen a kiss from her and basically danced with her all night.. but technically they were just acquaintances. It could stay like that. Minho could move on.

"Minho, hey!" Minyoung said, looking up from her bag of recent purchases. "I didn't even see you. What's up?"

Oh, what the hell. They could be just friends, and she seemed friendly and caring enough.

"Oh, hi! I'm just looking for a birthday gift for... a friend. You?"

"What a coincidence! I'm looking for a birthday gift as well! The thing is, I don't really know the girl that well. Apparently, she's one of application reviewers for the company I'm trying to work for, and a friend of mine said to up a little. I'm graduating in two weeks on June 9!" She smiled warmly. 

"That's soon. You exciting to be done with your education permanently?" Minho asked.

"Oh, please, Minho. Every day is a learning experience. I'll never be done with my education."

"A very intellectual answer." Minho commended.

"Well. You are talking to the Class of 2013's valedictorian!" She said confidentially.

"Wow. Look at you! Show off! Congratulations!" Minho smiled broadly. Whether it was this girl's looks, brains, or personality, he could not stop finding things to be impressed about.

"Thanks! Want to look for gifts together?" She offered, seeing that he was alone. He hesitated for a fraction of a second before responding.

"Sure. I'm about to head into Pandora."

And the two headed into the store, avoiding the fact that they had just met last night at a club when one of them was intoxicated and that they had shared a kiss yesterday. 

This was most definitely NOT a recipe for disaster.

- - -

Hi everyone!

Thank you for reading this story.. I've decided to have a more mature take on it. The plot is still developing and we haven't got into the real drama yet, but don't worry! Slow but steady.

I tried to make this chapter longer, and I know how frustrating it must be for you readers (trust me, I would be annoyed myself) but I rarely have time to update so it's tough for me to make the chapters long. However, I know I have a responsibility to my readers, so I will try my best!

Please subscribe and leave comments - that really motivates me!!!

<3 :)