XI

Uncommitted to the Only One

Minyoung decided she would allow herself to simply relax for the week after she graduated university. The first day she organized her apartment, which was really a small bedroom, a tiny but full bathroom, and a miniature kitchen. Although it was on the smaller side, Minyoung took pride in her home because she saw it as the first indication of her independence. Plus, the rent wasn't so bad and she absolutely hated to live wastefully.

The next few days she spent by herself, treating herself to meals in new cafes she discovered in the city, taking walks, going to the library, working out at the gym, and watching movies on her laptop. 

Minyoung lived a lonely life, but she never really was impacted by that. Her determination was as strong as ever.

- - -

To: Mom; Dad

Subject: Graduation

Hey Mom and Dad!

Well, I did it. I graduated University, just like big sis! Maybe I'll surprise you guys and get engaged right away like she did.. haha, just kidding. 

I think people liked the speech I gave at graduation. I got a few laughs, tears, and lots of applause. It's okay that you didn't come. I know you're busy with my bro's hectic high school schedule. I don't think anyone else's parents came either, so don't worry too much!!!

Based on the pictures I'm seeing online, lil sis seems to be having fun studying in Japan. So everything's fine with us girls. 

How are things with bro and at home? 

See you guys soon,

Minyoung

- - -

Minyoung sent the weekly e-mail and shut her laptop. Sighing, she got up to reheat a little food for dinner and get a good night's sleep. Tomorrow was the big job interview she had. She checked that she had her business attire ready and her gift of chocolate next to it. 

Speaking of which, she still hadn't heard from Minho since the day after their mall date.

*  *  *

Minho sat up on his bed, surrounded by darkness. The full moon illuminated his bed as he pulled his curtains aside, unable to fall asleep. Glancing at his bedside clock, he saw it was 2 in the morning. He got back under his covers and pulled his phone out. 

Half an hour passed and Minho grew increasingly frustrated with his insomnia. Why couldn't he fall asleep? Tomorrow would be Monday - another stupid, boring week at work. 

Finally, he did something he hoped he wouldn't regret.

>Minho: Hey, congrats on graduating :)

To his surprise, he received a response.

>Minyoung: Thanks! Why are you still awake??

>Minho: I could be asking you the same question missy

>Minyoung: Haha, touche. I can't fall asleep. That job interview tomorrow. I'm so nervous!!

>Minho: Aw don't be! You got this. Just be yourself. They'll definitely hire you

>Minyoung: Ugh. Thank you. We should grab lunch or something sometime!

Minho glanced at his phone. He was allowed to have friends, wasn't he? He thought to himself, thinking of Hara. Minho and Minyoung had never talked about the first day they had met when he kissed her. Besides that one day, they had only hung out at the mall but that was it. Maybe there was a chance that Minyoung wouldn't misinterpret. Maybe she knew he was drunk and maybe she thought that he wouldn't remember.

Oh, whatever. You only live once and Minho wasn't feeling very happy with his mundane life anyway.

>Minho: Definitely! Tomorrow at some cafe. Text me after your interview I want to hear all about it :)

>Minyoung: Awesome! We should both try to get some sleep. Goodnight :)

>Minho: Goodnight :)

Suddenly, it became easy for the both of them to fall asleep.