V

Uncommitted to the Only One

"And why are you tired of life?" Minyoung asked Minho. 

"This is gonna sound pretty ridiculous... but really, I'm just sick of having everything. I want something new, different, exciting, and fun." Minho downed another shot.

"Wow. I bet you're some pompous executive." She said, grinning.

"I actually am. What about you?"

Minyoung did not look surprised at the news. "Well. I'm in my last year of University and I'm really just trying to get through. I'm on full scholarship right now, but I still have to find ways to pay for everything else. And that's why I'm here, bartending. My friend who graduated last year did this as well and that's how I knew about it."

"Interesting. You're different than all the other girls I know." 

"Thank you." Minyoung smiled at him so genuinely that Minho was actually quite taken back. When was the last time he had seen a real smile? 

With one last fleeting glance after downing his third shot, Minho left for the dancefloor. He had fun dancing with random girls and found himself laughing a lot, but these feelings were probably just side effects of the alcohol. After a few songs, the emptiness he always felt crept back in. He found himself turning around and looking at the bar where Minyoung was. 

Minho already had a few more alcoholic beverages since his first couple of shots, but he still felt pretty stable. He began smiling when he saw Minyoung taking off her apron and walking out of the bar area. It appeared as if her shift was over. 

Minho quickly walked over to her, grasping her wrist. "Dance with me." 

A little unsure of herself, Minyoung looked around before smiling and following him to the dancefloor. And that's how they spent the next hour. Just two young adults laughing together, freaking out when their favorite songs came on, and dancing next to each other. With their wound up and stressful lives, both were finally able to let go in this moment and have a good time. 

At around midnight, the pair walked off the dancefloor and left the club. The air outside was a little chilly, but it was soothing to the sweaty clubgoers.

"You know, I don't even know if I'm allowed to do that. It's hardly in the job description." Minyoung said, laughing.

"I'm friends with Joon.. I highly doubt he would mind." Minho reassured her. 

A comfortable silence engulfed them as they caught their breaths and tried to compose themselves. The two were leaning their backs on the brick wall of the building next to the club. There was no longer a line of people trying to push themselves into Shine. 

"Well, I should probably get going. My dorm advisor is pretty chill on Friday nights, but I don't want to push it." Minyoung explained.

"Do you need a ride there?" Minho offered.

"I know better than to get in car with a stranger." Minyoung smiled, jokingly. 

"Do you know better than to do this with a stranger?" Minho mischieviously asked, leaning toward her face.

"Um-" Minyoung began to say, a blush forming on her cheeks as he neared closer and closer to her lips. 

Minho cut her off by kissing her. Shock registered in Minyoung's mind. She had never, ever kissed anyone that she only knew for one day. All her warning signs and cautionary thoughts completely erased in her mind as she tilted her head and deepened the kiss, putting her arms around his neck.

Whatever. It's not like they were really gonna see each other soon anyway.