I

Uncommitted to the Only One

Lee Minho stared at his spacious and modern living room, sighing for the twentieth time. Everything was absolutely perfect. His sleek gray couch was spotless and in top condition. The pillows were placed in their proper spots. The flowers in the porcelain vases were fresh and blooming gracefully. Not a speck of dust was present anywhere. 

Everything in his modern-styled apartment was impeccable and a clear reflection of the privileged life he led. So why wasn't he happy?

A doorbell interrupted his thoughts. Sighing once more, Minho got up to welcome his girlfriend before they went to a company dinner together.

Goo Hara majestically stepped into his high class flat. She was wearing white wedges and a silky, flowy full-length dress. The elegant outfit fit her well and hugged her in all the right spots.

"You look beautiful." Minho smiled, kissing her cheek.

Hara smiled back. "We shouldn't be late. This is a very important dinner. They're probably going to give you that open executive position now. That's a huge accomplishment, especially for someone fresh out of college like you. I'm proud of you, babe."

Hara finished adjusting Minho's tie. "Thanks. That really means a lot to me."

Minho smiled and grabbed the keys to his silver Lamborghini. The couple headed to his car and drove in silence to the dinner. During the drive, Hara chose to listen to classical Mozart music. Such was the nature of their relationship.

Both had attended the same prestigious university and were in the same friend group freshman year. Minho asked Hara out sophomore year because their friends felt they would be good together, and the two were together for almost four years now. During this time, Hara truly felt like she had met her One.

Admittedly, the pair was very compatible, but in all honesty, Minho felt their relationship was just plain boring. The two were very much alike. Both attended the same schools and came from similar and typical wealthy family backgrounds. Both were attractive and intelligent.

They seemed perfect. But Minho still felt empty.