Second Chance

MADE FOR EACH OTHER?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What the hell are you doing here?!” Bom screamed at the two men standing outside her gate, heavy snow falling down on them. She angrily looked at Young Bae holding Jiyong up who clearly looks devastated.

 

“You two have the audacity to show your faces here. Well you’re in for a surprise. Dara is not here and I’m not going to tell you where she’s staying. Go home.” She was about to turn around and leave them when she heard Jiyong speak. His voice is so broken and weak.

 

“P-please, Bom. At least let me explain. Please.” Jiyong held on the metal gate as he pleaded and sobbed.

 

“I’m sorry but Dara told us that she doesn’t want to talk to you anymore.”

 

A sharp pain in his heart made Jiyong wince when he heard those words that Bom uttered. It’s over. It’s really over.

 

“I understand.” A tear fell from Jiyong’s eye and he quickly wiped it away.

 

Bom and Young Bae’s eyes locked with each other. They both looked away, embarrassed. Bom turned her gaze on the brokenhearted Jiyong and saw a reflection of herself when Young Bae left her once upon a time.

 

“Jiyong.” Bom said. She sighed deeply.

 

Much to Jiyong and Young Bae’s surprise, Bom opened up the gates to let them in.

 

“Jiyong, I’ll give you a chance… something that wasn’t given to me by someone I once loved. But promise me one thing, you must tell me the truth.” Bom softly said. She felt a slight pain in her heart as the memories of Young Bae giving up on their relationship resurfaced.

 

Jiyong grasped Bom’s hands and bowed to her. “Thank you.” He whispered weakly.

 

Bom secretly chastised herself for offering her help to the enemy. Once she saw herself in Jiyong, her hopeless romantic heart just couldn’t say no. She felt like she needs to help Jiyong. Dara will definitely kill her.

 

Bom is sitting across Jiyong and Young Bae in her living room next to the fireplace. The fire is lit giving the room a warm, cozy glow, a stark contrast against the weather outside. The snow is coming down hard and it’s already dark and cold. She’s sitting on her white wing chair, her feet curled up under the blanket.

 

“I want you to start at the very beginning…on the day when Dara rejected you when we were young. Tell me exactly what made you come back for revenge and when did you realized that you were still in love with Dara.” Bom braced herself for a long night as Jiyong started telling them about his past. At times, Bom gasped and silently nodded her head. Jiyong had to pause several times to compose himself as he fights the urge to cry.

 

Bom consciously glanced at Young Bae who is staring intently at her. She’s beginning to regret inviting him inside but she can’t just tell him to go away. He’s got that invisible force on her.

 

Oh God. I hope I can stay focused on listening to Jiyong while Young Bae is here. She thought as she helplessly bit her lower lip and internally struggle fighting the charms of her ex boyfriend.

 

Little did she know, Young Bae is desperately trying his best not to kiss her. The woman is just too cute for her own good. He loves how her eyes lit up when she thinks of something funny to do. How she smiles crookedly when she’s about to smack your head. How her long, straight hair smells so clean and fruity in the morning. How she won’t stop at nothing until she gets what she wants. How she can be impossibly difficult to read. How she looks at him in a funny way when she's serious.

 

Jiyong covered his face with his hands as he silently sobbed. He just finished telling them everything…bearing his most intimate feelings and thoughts…telling them what’s inside his heart…all for the sake of his last chance of forever with Dara. Bom is his only hope now and he knows it.

 

“Everything I said was the truth. I never stopped loving Dara. I was just blinded by the pain of rejection. I am sorry for what I have done but believe me Bom, I am in love with her.” Jiyong pleaded.

 

Bom sat silently on the chair. She clutched her hands together as she thinks about whether she will help him or not. She feels sorry for both of them. She wants to help him but she’s wary that she might be helping him hurt Dara even more.

 

She looked up at Jiyong and nodded. “If you are really meant for each other, you’ll still end up together no matter what happens. I’ll only help you Jiyong because love always deserve a second chance. It’s now up to Dara if she’s willing to give it another try.”

 

Young Bae felt like his heart was just stabbed by a sharp knife. Second chance. He wants to ask Bom for a second chance but he’s afraid that he’s too late…that he hurt her beyond any words can describe. How he wishes that they’ll get back together again.

 

The biggest regret of his life was losing this wonderful woman because he was afraid to get hurt. And now, he must content himself with watching her from afar in the confines of his white sports car. Everyday, he secretly parks his car outside her house and waits for her to come out. At night, he waits outside in his car to make sure she got home safe. It pains him to see Siwon coming over and spending time with Bom. That should’ve been him.

 

Young Bae sighed as he watches her listening intently at Jiyong who is now weeping from happiness. The soft, dancing light from the fireplace illuminates Bom’s sweet face. He can see her consciously glance at him from time to time and that leads him to hope… to hope that he might still have a chance.

……………………………………………………………………………………….

 

Dara glanced at her bedside table clock as she rubs her eyes. It’s almost seven o’clock in the morning. She bitterly smiled. I’m unusually early again. She thought as her eyes automatically glanced at the empty space on her bed. Apparently, a broken heart does wonders with her tardiness. She runs her hands across the right side of her bed, feeling how cold the sheets are. The vision of a sleeping Jiyong flashed in her mind as she stares blankly on the empty space.

 

Her lips begin to tremble as she felt her cheeks and eyes became warm as tears started welling up again. She promised herself three days ago that it will be the last time that she will cry because of him and she intends to keep that promise. She shook her head and quickly got up from her bed to get ready for work.

 

……………………………………………………………………………….

The office is completely abuzz as the news about Dara’s transfer to New York travelled faster than Seoul’s internet speed. Some say that it’s because of Sulli and Mr. Kwon Jiyong. According to some, it’s because of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter