The magic of love

The Unlove Potion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungri's POV

I was still lost.
I was still in the dark.
What could I do now?

I was abandoned. My world was cruel and empty.

‘God, please save me.. God! If you are listening.. Please take pity on me and save me!’

I felt an endless vibration in my pocket.

17 miscalls and 20 messages.

I didn’t notice that my phone received so many calls. Every member had called me several times, even Jiyong too. Did Jiyong called to scold me? The thought of that happening overwhelmed me with melancholy. However, I was still loved by the people around me. They cared about me and I was thankful for them. Yet, my heart was already broken and any words of console was meaningless now because all I needed was Jiyong to love me again.

I admitted I was defeated and I no longer knew what to do.

My mind was blank. Maybe this was what breaking-down meant: me, falling hard; and my soul, fading away. I was an empty shell. I no longer felt heavy but light, maybe I was really disappearing. The pain was no longer painful.  Perhaps, I lost my sanity.

‘Did god abandon me already?’   

The phone vibrated again and I was returned to the unfair reality. I needed to switch the phone off, since I wouldn’t answer any of the calls. By now, it was useless.

But a weird name came on the screen caught my attention.

“Magic Lady?” I ‘asked’ the phone.

Who was magic lady? I never received a call from this caller ID before. Why did I have such an unfamiliar caller ID in my phone?

‘Magic lady? The carnival lady?’ I suddenly remembered, I named that lady as the ‘magic lady’ when she gave me her number.  My heart pounded for the little hope that emerged from my heart. Did God listened to me? She never called me before. Did that mean she finally found the cure for us?

“Hello… Have you found the cure?” I immediately asked her. I was certain it was the reason she called me. And it was all that I wanted to know. I didn’t know how much longer my heart could endured.

“Seungri-ah.. She is here. Come now.”

My body stiffened. Did I hear her correctly? Her cousin had finally came back. The one that caused all of this nightmare. I could finally end that heartbreaking joke and agonizing nightmare would end.

“Seungri! Are you there?” I was momentarily stunned that I forgot she was still on the line.

“Yes.. Yes.. Thank you! I will be there soon. Thank you.” I immediately ran looking for cab.

There were no words to describe my happiness. At last, my Jiyongie would return to me.

I was a fool when I didn’t notice the weariness in her voice. I never learn from my mistake because I was lingering on small hope that brought nothing but heartache. My happiness was all for nothing.

....

 

“I am so sorry Seungri.. There is no cure. I told you before, no magic can cure or control love.. Since love itself is magic.”

I couldn’t believe what she was just saying to me. No. This was the biggest joke of my life. If she had no cure, nobody did. No way was I going to accept this.

“Bull ! You are lying to me!” I screamed at her. That was bull.

“If no magic can cure or control love, why did he forget about our love after he drank that potion? Is that not magic?”

“Yes.. That was magic” she agreed, I couldn’t understand her. “But did you forget young man, did you not drink the same potion like him?”

“Yes.. I did. Please.. Please stop riddling to me. I have suffered enough. Please help me, you don’t understand, I feel like dying.” I pleaded. No, I begged. I was drained of all energy to continue to argue with her. I only wanted my Jiyongie back. Was that too much to ask?

“Young man, I do understand. I am not lying when I say I understand you. I fell in love with a man I shouldn’t love too.”

“What do you mean? How was it the same?”

“Do you not love a man that you shouldn’t love? Did both of you not constantly worried about what other people think when they find out about your love? Did you not sometimes wished your love didn’t exist? Because of that love, you two constantly quarreled. This love you both have is an obstacle for his and your life; a burden that you wish to lift. Am I right?”

I remembered back to the days of Jiyong and I argued. What she said was the truth. And we also quarreled on the day that we both drank the potion. But I never wanted to lose our love. She was wrong. I never wanted this to happen.

“Yes, we always fight, but we love each other and is it not normal to feel insecure from times to times. You had no right to judge us. Why are you doing this to us?”

Was that why she did that to us? To punish us? To punish me? Was it for having doubt? For feeling insecure? That was an inhumane punishment. She was insane and I became the victim because of it.

“I didn’t do a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter