oo5 : The New Favorite Class and New "Friendly" Rival(s)~

Stuck In An All Boys' School?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun's Pov

Homeroom was finally over. It actually ended two hours ago, we are in period 5, I think.

Either way, during homeroom, we were late and actually interrupted the class in the middle of the session, but being a new student has it's perks. Meaning, since I got lost, we got off easy.

Anyways, this is a longer day than I thought. But, there was one class I was looking forward to; that could turn my day around. Music Class.

I know IU is also one that likes to sing and she told me that she plays the guitar as well, so I can't wait to hear her.

I've had a passion for music my whole life, and the only people that have ever heard me sing was my parents. I was always too scared or shy to sing in front of others; from the fear that they would judge my singing and may end my passion.

But, I do know that I will have to face my fear some day, that is if I want to accomplish being a singer.

------

The day had come and gone, I guess since I didn't keep looking at the clock all the time.

It was the last period of the day, meaning Music Class! My excitement since the beginning of the day!

"Jieun~ We only have one more class before we get to head back~ I am soo tired.." IU cried out. It was as though we had switched places; I was very happy and excited about the next class while IU just wanted to get the heck out of school already.

"But, we only have one more class! And it's Music Class! Aren't you excited?" IU looked at me weirdly, as though I had grown another head.

"Tch, I will be as long as they aren't in my class again..." IU mumbled to herself, I only caught bits and pieces though.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing~ Let's just get the day over with." IU started to walk down one hall and I just followed suit.

------

We stood in front of the music room. My eyes were twinkling with excitement while IU looked like she had a rain cloud over her head.

"Why are you so down?" I asked, honestly curious.

"You'll find out why real soon." IU said quietly, before pushing open the door to the music room. I was a bit confused but shrugged it away and followed IU in.

I walk in and saw the giant and pretty spacious area before me:

I have passed by this room when IU gave me the tour of the campus, but I really wanted to just step inside and check it out.

"Wow." I uncounsciously said. I heard giggling behind me, so I turned to see IU stifling her laughter.

"Are you gonna say that about every room we go to?" IU said with a teasing smile. "C'mon, let's grow grab a seat." IU dragged me over to two unoccupied seats in the back row. Wait, the back row? Why would she want to sit where you can barely hear or see the teacher?

The class started about 5 minutes later when the teacher tapped the conductor baton on his stand, trying to gain the students' attention.

He started to speak, "Good afternoon class, today I see we have a new student, would you please stand and loudly introduce yourself."

I stood up and started to softly speak, "I am-"

"I cannot hear you." He interrupted.

I tried speaking a little louder, "I am-"

"LOUDER, please."

I took in a deep breath and shouted, "I AM SONG JIEUN!! NICE TO MEET YOU!"  I then bowed, really trying to hide my embarrassed red face.

"Ah yes, thank you, Ms. Song and welcome. Now then, today we will be doing some warm-ups and practice your specific intrument. I will also be announcing the music representatives for this year, based on their last year performance." He loudly and clearly spoke. Representatives? I wonder what they are for?

"Ugghhhhh...." I heard IU groan, I looked over to my side where IU was sitting only to see she was sliding down her chair, to a point where the teacher could probably not see her. Probably.

"IU are you okay?" I whispered over. She just put her jacket over her face and head.

"I'm not here." She mumbled. I wonder what's wrong?

"Okay then, to start off, I will just get the announcements out of the way first." The teacher spoke. IU just sunk down lower in her chair when the teacher said that.

"Now then, there will be three representatives this year. The representatives are to be of the best singers in the school. The will of course be representing our school in "sing-off"s and competitions around the nation. Now then, on to who will be the reps." The teacher stop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter