CHAPTER 9: TRUTH HURTS: SOOWON

MINE

He’s about to take another step forward when Sooyoung pulled his arm. He looked on her direction and is surprised to see her sudden worried face. “Siwon-ah, please take me to the hospital. Jun needs me.” She pleaded and her hand trembles as she held her phone tightly.

 

“Jun, who? Why, what happened?” He asked coldly without a slight trace of concern.

 

Sooyoung is panicking and looks really frantic. “I don’t know what exactly happened. The hospital called telling me to go to there immediately. He is probably sick again.”

 

“Seriously? You want me to leave and take you to your boyfriend right now? Huh, what kind of a show is this?” He got annoyed and doubted everything she said. He thinks that it’s her plan to get back at him. 

 

Sooyoung on the other hand did not expect that answer. Especially, coming from the Siwon she used to know, but she toughens herself. “Fine, I’ll go by myself. Besides you already found your Tiffany.” She said then went gone. Sooyoung waited and looked for a taxi but unfortunately cannot get one. She also tried asking for a ride but no one’s stopping for her. She’s desperate, really desperate. “Jun-ah, wait for me…wait a bit more.” As she continues to pray, a familiar car parked in front of her then lowered the window.

 

“Get in.” Said Siwon.

 

 

Words cannot explain how she looks troubled. Sooyoung keeps on rubbing her hands anxiously. She’s on the edge of her seat ready to run as soon as the car stops. “Jun, just a little bit more…I’m coming.” She muttered repeatedly with a hope that she could make it on time in the hospital.

 

Siwon sighed inwardly, irritated of her over reaction. Though he has no idea of what happened his guts is telling him it’s nothing serious. But why is he helping her instead of running towards Tiffany? He stepped on the break hard out of frustration. Sooyoung almost hit her head but when she saw the hospital in front she rushes out and goes inside. She immediately left Siwon in the car and without even thanking him which added fuel on his anger. “Jun could be sick but a quick ‘thank you’ won’t surely hurt him. How could she just leave without at least looking back?”  He makes a turn, ready to go back in Haengju-dong when he stopped again. “I have to at least see the face of the man that ruined my perfect moment. I’ll make him pay someday.”  The guy is known for his patience but today is an exception.

 

Siwon manages to get on the room where Jun is admitted. He could even hear Sooyoung’s voice from the door, so he’s sure he got the correct room. He reaches for the door knob and takes a peek. Siwon can see Sooyoung’s back but not her boy friend. “Is he that small? How could she replace me with a dwarf?”  Now he gets curious. He quietly walks inside, trying to get a glimpse of the dwarf as he named him.

 

When he finally got the view of him he was suddenly taken aback. He stopped on his track because he’s not seeing a man but a boy. Sooyoung and the child look at Siwon’s startled face. As far as he knew Sooyoung has no siblings and no contact with her family that only means this boy is…   “W-who is he?”

 

The boy looked at him examining Siwon from head to toe. “Who are you?” He asked sounded like a mature man then he turned to Sooyoung. “Omma, do you know this guy?”

 

Siwon almost lose his stance. His eyes got bigger and mouth fell open.  “O-o-omma? Omo…”

 

“He’s my friend. Jun-ah, take a rest. I’ll just talk to him and be back when you wake up.” However, Jun responded with a doubtful look. “Are you sure you’ll be back? Don’t say it if you can’t.”

 

The mother understands if her son acts this way. She is so busy making a living for them that sometimes she forgets to spend time with him. Though she is proud how Jun acts matured than his age, Sooyoung still wants to give him a normal childhood life. However even how much she wanted a comfortable life for him it is also hard when you’re a single mother with their status and his illness.

Instead of lecturing him, she enveloped her little one into her arms and showered him with kisses. “Jun-ah, I miss you so much.”

 

“Omma, stop. It’s embarrassing.” His cheeks flustered but Soooyoung embraced him even tightly.

 

 

They went out leaving Jun with Sooyoung’s best friend, Hyoyeon. Now Siwon remember one time when he bumps into Hyoyeon in a store with a baby. He recalls how bothered she looked as she introduced the baby as her nephew. It also makes sense now why Sooyoung never mentioned why her family disowned her. Everything is getting clearer but he still has a lot of questions.

 

They stopped in a hospital lobby. They sat straight forward with a space between them and without looking at each other.

 

“Thank you for bringing me here.” Sooyoung said initiating the conversation first.

 

But Siwon doesn’t bother to hear those words anymore and is too much occupied about Jun. “That child…is he really your son?”

 

“Yes. Don’t worry he’s not yours.”

 

Her statement is just short pulling him at the edge of his sit and now facing her. “You never mentioned it to me. How did this happen? Who is the father?” He asked getting furious and impatient.

 

“I got pregnant by my boy friend back in my first year in college, but he left us.”

 

“All these years you’ve been lying on me? Why do you have to hide this child? You always hate on how coward I am but look at you.”

 

Sooyoung stands up wanting to end the conversation quickly. “If you have nothing to say. I’ll go back now.” She said in fixed tone. But Siwon also moves into his feet, blocking her way.

 

“I’m asking you why you didn’t tell me. I would have understood you more and ran after you. I wouldn’t have hated you this much. We won’t be separated if you just told me everything!”

 


“For three years…” She paused to gather all her courage to spill everything.  “I waited for you to introduce me to your parents. Don’t you know until that day I was hoping and expecting that you will change your mind? But you didn’t. I am a mother who cares of my ill son more than me. If you cannot even present me to your family what more of my Jun? Will you be brave to protect and fight for him? Can you accept him as your own son? I’m not ashamed of having Jun but I’m scared to raise him with a kind of person like you.” She lets out a breath after that, relief that she finally let it out, but is scared at the same time that she might lose him again, and this time for forever. “Excuse me but I have to go back now.”

 

After hearing those intense and tough words from her, for the second time around all Siwon could do is watch her walk away. His eyes became a waterfall as he realizes how hard it was for Sooyoung. He came to understand everything about her. He just hated her because she left, but he never has had pondered on how wrong he was.

 

 

     

 

-Seunghyun-

 

“I have her.”  A voice said on the other line.

 

Seunghyun immediately took a train to Seoul after receiving the call. Every second to him is like a minute and minute to hour. Now he’s not only anxious but scared. His heart is pounding fast as soon as he picked up that call. He knew on that moment that he’s already in trouble but he did not expect that Tiffany will be involved. Though he knew this might happen but not this soon.

 

“Dongil-ah!!!” He shouted in a dim, cold, and seems empty building. His eyes are glaring, looking around for any figure, certain that that person is somewhere.

 

Clap, clap, clap. “Welcome back.” A voice said from behind making Seunghyun turn quickly in defense. “Aigoo, I’m not going to hurt you.” The man replied playfully.

 

“Where is she? I told you I will pay and you should never touch her.” He responded, still not putting down his guard knowing that if he did he’ll be in danger.

 

“Huh. How dare you tell me what to do?” He hopped closer to Seunghyun provoking him.  “But let me tell you I didn’t touch her, yet. We don’t have her. But this serves as a warning. Let me remind you that I’m closely watching the two of you.” His eyes narrowed sending chills at Seunghyun’s spine.

 

“Where is she then?” He asked in his deep and firm tone as he doesn’t want Dongil to see his real weakness. 

 

“I think she’s slowly regaining her memory. She got lost on the street so she called her friend and now is in her house.” But just as what Dongil expected he instantly loosens his guard just by hearing about Tiffany. Even how much the lad tries to act tough, still he cannot hide it. The girl is his weakness. 

 

Seunghyun turned to walk away after hearing it but Dongil speaks again. “Seungyun-ah, just give up. You know, you can never pay for it.”

 

“I’m not a person who would just easily give up and I will never join you!” He said firmly.

 

Dongil laughs. “We'll see about that.” 

 

Seunghyun looks back on his shoulder “What do you mean about that?!" He asked but Dongil already disappeared.

 


 

A/N~yong! ^ ^

photo credit: Andik Intan http://andik-intan.tumblr.com/page/149?route=%2Fpage%2F%3Apage

Next Chapter: Truth Hurts: TopFany! 

How do you find this SooFany chapter?

 

                                                                   And here's a picture of Jun. (Actually, he's from appa odiga variety show.)

 


 

 

 

"What profit is there for one to gain the whole world yet loose or forfeit himself?" (Luke 9:25)

GOD BLESS and THANK YOU! <3