CHAPTER 8: SECONDS LATE

MINE

Two weeks later. Tiffany is trying to catch-up on the things around her with the help of Seunghyun.  However, he is also careful when they talk of her past. Just few days ago, he answered her question about what happened to her mother, and again he saw her heart getting broken into pieces. Like the first time hearing it from her father Tiffany is grieving. It’s like piercing her heart once again. Even the brightest girl he knew has lost her shine after learning it. On that moment on, it became hard to see her dazzling smile that stretches on her face and turns her eyes into crescent-shape. Seeing her miserable makes Seunghyun more eager to fix everything in the present.  

 

After her accident, Tiffany was brought to a hospital near Haengju-dong. So, Seunghyun convinced Tiffany if they could look for a place to stay in for a moment while she is still recovering. Tiffany agreed besides she also wants to take a break and relax. They lived in a local house but in separate rooms, since they agreed that they are not married yet.

 

****

“Quick! Wake up!” Seunghyun called impatiently from the outside as he glances to the paper bag that he is hiding behind him.

 

Few minutes later, Tiffany lazily came out of her room without any trace of interest or excitement. He smiled sideways like he always does while raising his right eyebrow then he handed her the paper bag. “This is for you.”

 

“What is this?” She asked. But Seunghyun did not answer until she finally saw what’s inside. “A camera?”

 

“Yes…This won’t replace the skill that you lost, but at least you can still use it to capture anything about fashion or the things you like and…we can also use it to create new memories.” He explained. 

 

She extended her hand giving it back to him. “You don’t have to do this…besides you already used a lot of money for me…I will not accept this. Take it back and save your money instead.”

 

For two weeks everything has changed to Seunghyun, he once again became the boy that Tiffany knew during their school days. The boy who is loving, kind, caring, and always finds time for her.  But even though how much she loves it, sometimes Tiffany thinks he’s already sacrificing too much for her.

He also confessed after having a slip of the tongue that he already got fired because of leaving without permission. So even he hides it; she can see that he’s having hard time for their expenses or rather for her expenses.  Where does he get all his money?

 

His eyebrows furrowed and his eyes were looking down, not meeting her gaze. “I have my savings.”

 

“I know you already spent a lot from the hospital, my medicines, this house, our food. Don’t waste all your savings on me.”

 

“I told you its fine, besides I don’t think that way. I’m happy in doing them. We are going to be married soon, so what’s the difference?”  He said and secured the paper bag in her hands. “Just keep it.”

 

“Fine, thank you Seunghyun-oppa.” She said her gratitude emotionless, but Seunghyun felt that he accomplishes something good for her again. His eyes twinkle and a smile beams on his face. But it is worthless when she did not see it as she already motioned in going back to her room.

 

“Stop, stop, Miyoung-ah!”  Seungyun called, catching her shoulders putting her into a halt. “Com’on, the weather is beautiful. It’ll be a waste if we will not enjoy it.” He insisted as he pressed his hands together.

 

“I don’t feel like…”  She’s about to protest once again when Seunghyun cuts her off pointing at nowhere.  “Oh! What are those?!” Tiffany looked into the direction but just suddenly swung by Seunghyun when he grabs her hand and led the way outside.

 

Truly, the weather that day is just beautiful. The warm rays of the sun, the cool breeze, the smell of the fresh cut grass and the humming birds are all perfect, not to mention her handsome fiancé with his warm hands holding hers. And so even the gloomy Tiffany got easily surrendered and just let Seunghyun takes lead.

 

They continue to walk enjoying the beautiful weather. Seunghyun insisted to take pictures together and in his surprise she did not object anymore. When he felt that her mood changes, he glances at her grinning while moving up his eyebrows constantly, trying to convince her to smile back. It wasn’t that easy though to persuade a once bright lady who has lost her shine. At first she just pressed her lips together as if she knows what is going through his mind. But he kept on his faith, effort and… silliness, in the end his hard work paid off. Although it wasn’t that of a big smile she definitely cracked a simple one and it is the prettiest smile he has ever seen and captured.

 

“Assa! Daebak!”  He shouted when he saw it. Then as his natural reaction he started a silly dance. Tiffany was clueless though and dumbfounded at first “Ya, bingu-Top…” But he ignored her and continues dancing until she can’t hold it any longer and laughs. Hearing her big laugh and finally seeing her perfect eye smile after a long time Seunghyun stopped. He is in dazed, happy and confused altogether. But when he realizes what is happening he dances even more energetically moving his hips then doing the running man. 

 

Only their laughter can be heard in the park. In their own world new beautiful memories are created sending off all the sorrows of the past.

 

*****

His hands did not leave her. Happiness is pasted on their faces as they went back home. But that day did not end as perfectly as what both expected. A sudden rush of images appeared on Tiffany’s sight. A guy with genuine smile and a beautiful beach. It was just quick but makes her almost lose her stance.

 

“Aegi, let’s stop first.” She said faintly.  Immediately, Seunghyun came to a halt when he heard her called him. He turned around stunned but Tiffany is too occupied of what she saw to notice the change of his expression. “Aegi?” He asked to make sure he heard it right.

 

“I saw something. Images…a guy and a beach. I can’t recognize him. But I’m sure…he is not you.”

 

No doubt it is Siwon. She even mistakenly called him with their endearment. Seunghyun is stunned and troubled as she is; no he feels it more than her.

 

“Oppa!” She pushes him lightly. He turns back his eyes on her and gets himself together. “So…what else did you see?” He asked.

 

“Nothing else, what do you think it is? And…do you know any guy that I’m closed with besides you?”

 

“It’s probably part of your past. And…I don’t know any guy.” He said. “Take a rest and wait for me.” Seunghyun then let her seat and leaves to buy her a drink.

 

Tiffany waited for him but is still occupied with the images she saw. The vision was clear like she almost thought she was taken to another place and is with someone else. “The guy looks familiar though” She tilted her head as she thinks of it deeply. Tiffany is staring far away when a figure immediately stopped her baffled mind and snatches all her attention.

 

“It’s the guy in my vision.” She said wide eyed as she cannot believe she’s seeing him from a distance. She stands up and just followed along with her feet that is taking her towards the man.

 

*****

 

Seunghyun is only seconds late when he came back. He has two ice creams and bottled waters on his hands, however when he saw the bench what he found is only an empty seat.

 

   

[Siwon’s Car]

 

Same with Seunghyun and Tiffany; Siwon and Sooyoung are also in Haengju-dong. They’ve been looking for her for three days now, but unfortunately they have never seen any traces of her.  Sooyoung is losing patience due to the wasted time while Siwon is getting more fervent in finding Tiffany especially after finding out that she’s with a guy or rather with her best friend.

 

“Siwon-ah, we’ve been searching for days now.  Are you sure you got the right information?” Sooyoung said as she slowly losing her patience.

 

“Yes, she was confined in a hospital here.” Siwon is looking keenly outside from his car for a familiar face as he answered.

 

“If we won’t see her today, I’ll go back to work; I don’t want to lose my job.”

 

Siwon stopped his car and looked at her. “Fine, I’ll give what you have lost. Now, please help me?”

 

Sooyoung then returned him a glare. “You cannot just order me around. I mean what I said.”

 

“Aigoo, you’re still the same playing hard on me.” He muttered.

 

“What did you say?”

 

“Nothing, nothing, nothing…” He said intentionally smirking to annoy Sooyoung more.

 

“I really hate you when you do that.” Annoyed, Sooyoung folded her arms but Siwon just chuckled provoking her even more to see her nose turns red. When he notices that he succeeded he let out his loud laugh. “Your nose!” He said laughing.

 

Sooyoung look on the mirror and saw her cherry nose. “Aish…you really planned this, huh?” Now that she’s angry her face is all turned red making Siwon laugh at her more. This happens to her when she experience extreme emotions. It will start on her nose then to her face and because of this Siwon even named it before as cherry bomb. However, instead of feeling more annoyed, after hearing his contagious laugh Sooyoung cannot help but laugh with him as well.

 

It was almost lunch time when Siwon decided to walk instead of taking a car so they can carefully look around the place. Sooyoung followed on his side and also started searching.

 

“You really love her, huh?” Sooyoung said, finally admitting he already moved on.

 

Siwon’s hands are on his pocket and his neck is stiffened as his eyes are fixed ahead. His gesture when he doesn’t know what to answer. However, she then cuts in again. “Don’t worry; I’m sure she will see how you genuinely love her.”  She quickly added afraid to hear his answers. But both came to a halt after what she said, both facing each other.

 

Now for this time he’s listening. He heard her unsteady tone, the same voice he heard when they broke up and her eyes that looks like going to cry any time. “Sooyoung-ah…  Actually, I think… I still--”

 

She peeked behind him, extending her neck. “--aigoo, is that her?” Cutting his almost confession? She spun him to make him see her. Siwon look around until his eyes landed on a spot in front. “Tiffany…” He whispered. She’s sitting on a bench, troubled is clearly written on her face. Siwon got frozen on his spot when she sees her. He felt coward again and doesn’t know what to do. He looked back at Sooyoung but she suddenly received a call so he’s on his own now.

 

Hesitantly but slowly he takes steps to get closer. His heart is already pounding miles away because of nervousness in confronting her and also the thrill of finding her again. But then he once again stopped when Tiffany finally looked on his direction. Their gaze meets. His eyes shot open and his body stiffened. He looks like a criminal that was caught in the act. However, the odd thing is she also did not move on her seat. Siwon is trying to study her expression but cannot read anything.  It is empty.  

 

He’s about to take another step forward when Sooyoung pulled his arm. He looked on her direction and is surprised to see her sudden worried face. “Siwon-ah, please take me to the hospital. Jun needs me.” She pleaded and her hand trembles as she held her phone tightly.


A/N:~yOng! Xin Nian Kuai Le! It's a late greeting~keke! Here's my February update. 

>Next Chapter Title: Truth Hurts: SooWon.  

Thank you everyone for the support! Upvote and please please comment.

What are your thoughts? Do you think Jun is real or Sooyoung just wants to interfere (didn't mean to rhyme..lol)? Will Tiffany and Siwon meet? What will happen to Seunghyun?   

...And if you aren't subscribe yet, uhm... if you liked the story subscribe too. 

GOD BLESS EVERYONE!