CHAPTER 7: LIE

MINE

“I-am-your-fiancé?”  She asked again much slower this time just to be sure of what she heard is correct.

 

In reply Seunghyun nodded afraid that if he says another word he will stutter because of lying.

 

It left Tiffany speechless and dumbfounded in her place. Sure it is good news. Her heart even fluttered when he stated it, but at the back of it doubts and questions raised in her head again."Gosh, is he serious? He fell in love with me? We're engaged? No, no, no maybe he's being bingu-Top again."

 

She gathered her thoughts and glances back at him meeting his intense gaze. Then suddenly she was caught by it. His perfect eyebrows and deep eyes penetrated her shattered thoughts and skeptic heart.

 

Dugeun, dugeun, dugeun...

 

This familiar emotion left her just staring at him. She can already feel her cheeks burning in red and her stomach twirling while her heart is racing faster and faster. And even faster.

 

"Miyoung, are you okay?"

 

"A-aniyo..."

 

On the other hand, Seunghyun is studying her reaction after spilling it out, but all he sees is 'red'. "Is she embarrassed, happy, or suspicious?  Or maybe, I need to convince her more and make her believe in me."

 

"Wait here, I'll be back." Then he swiftly disappeared.

 

Tiffany didn’t get to say a word because she is still speechless of everything. Hence, she could only watch the door swings open then closes again.

She waited. 1 hour. 2 hours. 3 hours. Time is ticking very slowly as she continue to wait for him. She cannot stop thinking about she heard and boredom makes it even worst.  A pen caught all her attention. Drifting away all her thoughts about her fiancé. It reminded of her condition and the things she might have forgotten.  She reaches for the handy white board beside her bed that is probably used to patients that cannot speak.

 

It will also affect some of your abilities” The voice of the doctor echoed through her head which sends trembling on her hand.

 

Tiffany shook her head erasing those thoughts and instead she encourages herself. “No! This is my skill and my talent that my heart could never forget.” With determination she stares at her hand then started to draw.

*****

 

Finally Seunghyun came opening the door.  He walks in wearing a smile on his face but it quickly faded when he saw Tiffany’s hands filled with ink.  She is expressionless with only tears on her eyes. Just by what he sees, he already knew what happened.  Immediately, he puts the pen and the white board away then took a basin with water to clean her hands.

 

“I’m sure you’ll get to learn it again. Don’t force yourself yet.”

 

“What if I didn’t? I tried it so many times but I cannot do it anymore. The doctor said…” She broke again in tears covering her face with her now clean hands. “How could I forget it?! How is this possible?!”

 

His heart is once in pain again as he sees her so crushed.  Seunghyun reaches and pulled her closer, wrapping her in his arms. Giving Tiffany a gentle embrace as it’s the only thing he could do now. Ever since she was young and even before he met her Tiffany’s heart is actually already belong to something else and that is in drawing and designing. Knowing that she lost this ability is the same with losing her very first love.  

 

****

Hours later her eyes are all dried up and she is somehow learning to accept her fate. That is the only thing that Seunghyun doesn’t worry about, Tiffany’s optimism. Though it still hurts and hard for her she could quickly accept things and move on. Seunghyun is in the couch just staring at her while she is still in bed watching the rain through the window. The silence was only broken when a loud sneeze of Seunghyun resonated the room.

 

Tiffany got startled and looks back at him. “Are you okay?”  He sniffs in reply and Tiffany notice that he has colds. “He went out even it was raining hard?”

 

"Dry yourself then drink a medicine. You'll get sick.” She reached for the towel and handed it to him which he just shrugs off. "It’s just a simple cold. Never mind this."

 

“What did you do outside, anyway?”

 

"Miyoung..." He said as he stands up then slowly taking steps towards her. “This is it, I have to do this.”  

 

“What is it?”

 

Seunghyun takes a deep breath, closes his eyes and afterwards puts his left knee on the ground. Then without going around the bush he proposes.

 

Miyoung forgive me, but I’ve rather see you angry at me than seeing you being hurt again, especially not now.”  However, he also knows that even if Tiffany is a positive person the one thing she hates the most is being deceive even in just small things. That’s why he knew he’s putting everything on the line now because this is not just a simple lie but it’s her life he’s trying to change.

"Will you be my wife?" Then from his pocket he revealed a ring. It's very simple without any diamond. Just a silver ring. But somehow she felt a connection to it. She might be heartbroken, in doubt and have a lot of questions but there’s only one thing is real.  She loves him, still.

 


Flashback

She said embracing him. Siwon cannot fight his true feelings anymore and finally raising his arms as well to cuddle her back.

 

“I love you” She whispered.

 

“I…”  He opens his eyes and saw a familiar figure watching from a far. He didn’t see who because of the passing vehicles but that awakens him. “I…I have to go.” Siwon said before breaking from their embrace.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“I have a girlfriend. I need to meet with her. I’m sorry.” He said breaking away from her.

 


 

Present

Coffee Shop

 

Siwon has pensive eyes staring blankly in the thin air. He is in deep thoughts that he did not notice Sooyoung walks in.

 

“Siwon, what brought you here?” Siwon looks up and gestured her to take a seat. “By the way, about that night…” She started but gets cut off.

 

“Let’s forget about it.” Both wanted it to be that way but also a bigger part of them don’t want to.  “I came here to ask you a favor.” He continued.

 

“What is it?”

 

“My girlfriend, Tiffany. She left and I think it’s because she saw us that night. Please come with me. I need you to explain everything to her.”

 

After telling him that she has feelings for him, Sooyoung thought on how he could be so insensitive this time. “I can’t do it. This is your problem that you have to deal with her.” She stands up with pride but Siwon speaks again.

 

“This won’t happen if you didn’t embrace me!” He burst in anger, desperate to convince her to come with him. However, he also realizes that if ever he will go back in time, he will not change every moment of it. Moreover, it must also hard on Sooyoung’s part after what happened. So he lowered his voice and calms down himself.

 

 “Sorry, I’m not blaming you though I just want you to explain to her that there’s nothing going on between us now. I will also confess our past and my plans of revenge. I’m willing to accept her punishment just help me on this one, please. Don’t worry because after this I won’t bother you again.”

 

He waited for an answer but she remained still and firm on her place. So when he thought he could not change her mind anymore, he bowed and leaves.

 

 ‘Siwon-ah, since when did you get this brave? You were not like this when we were still together. If you only knew how I suffered. Will you come back with me right away?’

 

 “Siwon-ah! Wait, I’ll go with you.” 


A/N: Happy New Year everyone! How was your new year? Me, I just slept--lazy me...keke~ 

>Just when I'm starting to like SooWon couple, the scandal of Sooyoung came out...But I'm happy for her and the SooWon ship will now have a special part of my heart ^^

>Going back to my story...there goes the lie of Seunghyun. Do you think this will have a good or bad outcome? For SooWon fans (like me) their story will start here, so please be patient and stay tune. By the way, I'm also a TOPFANY fan and SooFany. Hahaha! 

>Thank you guys for reading! Please upvote and comment. Bye! and God bless!