CHAPTER 3: COFFEE VS ICE CREAM

MINE

Park Siwon. His name is quite known in the field of business. Though their shipping company is not as large as the others but it's slowly getting there. At his young age many are amaze by his strategies and dedication in his work. Being the only child, Siwon is used in getting what he wants. So he is always being challenge when he doesn’t get something. It was the same case when he first met Tiffany after high school. He used to see her only as a challenge since she was very distant and has no interest in him. But as time passes by the challenge changes to the feeling of love. He became sincere in pursuing her and in time he finally won her heart.

 

But throughout those times though they talk about Seunghyun he did not imagine that they are this close. He was surprise and caught off guard at the same time. If he isn't her boyfriend he would think that they are in a relationship.

 

“Today is summer, don’t you think we should just go and have an ice cream?” Seunghyun suggested.

 

“Ice cream is also good!” Tiffany exclaimed then turns to Siwon waiting for a respond.

 

“I thought you like to have a coffee? The coffee shop near here has a good view of the mountains so I’m sure you’ll love it.”

 

But Seunghyun won’t just let it easily happen. “I think ice cream is still much better.”

 

“Fine, Tiffany, you decide. I’ll go where you want.” Siwon said. 

 

Again, she’s caught between the two. She sighed then without much reflection she follows of what came to her mind right away.  

                                                                       


 

Coffee Shop

 

As they walk inside the shop Siwon’s arms did not leave Tiffany’s shoulders. He became clingy as he looks so proud with her lady. He’s not usually like that but a guy like him can surely make a girl’s heart flutter just like Tiffany’s but can annoy the boys around them just like Seunghyun.  

 

“Excuse me.” Siwon called to the girl behind the counter who was busy counting. When she heard it she quickly went back to her work. 

 

“Three slices of chocolate cake, 2 Americanos and 1 Vanilla Latte for my girl”

 

Once more, his sweet moves gave Tiffany a flush on her face. However, the lady is like lost in her own world. She was frozen in her place and just staring blankly at them while they wait for her to charge their order. Siwon snap in her face to wake her up so she quickly moves her glance at him.

 

“Sorry Sir. Please take a seat and we’ll just serve it you.”  She said in trembling tone like she’s going to burst out in tears any time.

 

They went off to a table and while waiting Seunghyun took the opportunity to know more about Siwon.

 

"So..." He said as he crosses his arms. "How many girlfriends did you have?"

 

Tiffany shot him a glare right away warning him, but he just ignored her and focused on finding the answer.

 

"Well...I only have one and that is Tiffany."

 

"Sicha, sicha? I can't believe a guy like you haven’t been in a relationship before." Seunghyun is trying to read his gestures but he remained compose. "Okay then what did you like about her?"

 

He glances at Tiffany smiling lovingly at her. "She's sweet, bubbly, caring and especially her smile. Who will not fall for her? Even my parents like her."

 

Her face turns red and she cannot stop grinning. "Ottoke?" She said hiding her face behind her hands. Siwon teases taking it off to take a picture of her flustering.

 

Again, Seunghyun became speechless at his answers as it was the same reasons why he fell in love with her. However his love is already late for him to confess. And yes, Siwon is right who will not fall for her? Seunghyun thought that he is so fool to ignore those things when she was still his man.

 

Their orders arrived and the couple was enjoying the coffee while Seunghyun is just staring blankly at the cake in front of him. He was only awaken when from the corner of his eyes he saw Tiffany about to take a spoonful of the cake. With his instinct he reaches for her hand and stopped her. "Yah, it has nuts! You're allergic to it remember?"

 

Tiffany puts it down and examined the cake and was surprised to see the nuts. She was so preoccupied chatting with Siwon that she did not notice it.

 

"I’m sorry I did not know." Siwon aplogized feeling guilty and worried at the same time.

 

"Miyoung-ah, you should be careful. The doctor said it’s dangerous even a small amount of it.” For her safety Seunghyun takes the cake away from her.

 

"I’m fine nothing happened I’ll be more careful next time. Please excuse me" Then she stands up and went to the restroom leaving the two behind. Seunghyun watches her with concern and Siwon clearly senses that he has something for her. 

 

“You seem to know a lot about her."

 

"Of course we've been together for 20 years." Seunghyun bragged but Siwon did not felt threaten and just takes a sip of his Americano and continues. "Then I’m sure you must have at least tiny feelings for her"

 

"What is your point?"

 

"Do you love her?"

 

"Whether I love her or not it’s none your business" His voice became deeper with his firm tone.

 

“Yes it is. You need to stop bothering her. She doesn’t have the same feelings with you anymore. I’m her boyfriend now.”

 

The sounds of breaking glasses silence everyone in the cafe. It is only a step away from them and it's the same sulky lady in the counter who slipped the tray out from her hands. She was picking the glasses from the floor and Siwon was about to stand and help when Seunghyun scolded her to stop.

 

"Agassi, stop. You'll cut yourself. Kindly help her." Both the lady and Siwon halted from their place when Seunghyun shouted while the barista quickly helped her.

 

"Sooyoung-ssi gwenchana?" The barista asked the lady as he helped her up.

 

Siwon turned his head at the sound of her name while she just stayed still on her spot. But before she walks away she gives a glance at Siwon where their gaze meets. Immediately, that moment stricken and gives Siwon guilt feelings just by seeing her hurtful tears. He was lost for it for a second. Such strong emotions pinched his heart, reopening a scar from the inside.

 

I am sure I have buried these feelings together with you. But what is this? Why can’t I forget?”

 


A/N: YONG! Here's my September update! Woohoo! Keke~ How is everyone? Watchu think of this chapter? What do you like? Ice cream or Coffee? SooWon fans, Sooyoung-ssi is here! Preview for the next chapter...it will be 4 stories, actually that is the title. Haha!

Please keep on reviewing. Bye~ God bless!