CHAPTER 2: WHO IS THE REAL THIRD WHEELER?

MINE

 

7 Months Ago

 

~Ring, ring, ring~ She waited. She dialed again. She waited, again. “Oppa, please pick up I need you.”  Tiffany is in tears as she continues to contact Seunghyun. That day was the saddest she felt in her entire life and the only person she thought would be there doesn’t even bother to answer.

 

It was three days after she got her dream job. Tiffany was so happy that finally her dream of being a fashion designer in a prestigious company came true.  However, that did not last long when she received a call from her father. “Your mom…she did not make it.” He said in between crying.

 

“Appa, what are you saying? It’s not April fool’s day.”

 

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry…” He repeated saying it until Tiffany started crying as well. Her mother has been battling cancer. Her mother who is lovely, caring and has the same smile as her. One of the real reasons why she wanted to be a great designer, to make a beautiful dress for her. But now she’s gone.

 

She stopped dialing and went out of her house to go to him instead.  She has no one to turn to. Her family is overseas and there’s only one person who knows how to comfort her. If he cannot come then she would go for him. Tiffany walks in fast pace, not minding the people she bumps along the way.

 

“Excuse me!” A voice halted her pulling her arms making her turn to him. Tiffany looks up so frail and hurt. So instead of scolding her for hitting the coffee and wetting him, the guy’s heart softens. “Agassi, are you okay?”  

 

Tiffany jolted her arms and continues to walk. However, the guy tries to recall where and when he has seen her. So again he followed Tiffany and stopped her.  He doesn’t understand why but her forlorn appearance caught him.  He then just found himself pursuing her. “Agassi, I’m not… a bad person.” Tiffany is not even listening and just staring blankly to nowhere.

 

“I’m Siwon by the way.” He said extending his hand with a smile. She looks at his hand first then to his face. His nice gesture and smile somehow mend her pain.  Then Tiffany just found herself giving her hand to a stranger.

 


 

Present

On a Road Trip

 

Since his conversation with Tiffany, he officially became the third party of the couple wherever they go. The couple had been in two dinner dates and a movie night together with him. So now they planned to go on a vacation just the two of them for days. But then again, they have to change plans when Seunghyun found out about it. 

 

****

They are in a road trip but even the beautiful sceneries surrounds them cannot break their silence. Instead, a distinct awkwardness can feel inside the car. Siwon is wordlessly driving while Seunghyun is looking outside humming pretending to be cool. And Tiffany who is in between them is sensing their moods. "So!" She squeaked breaking the silence. "Aegi, where are we going next?"

 

"Aegi?" The word made Seunghyun chuckle for no reason and the two turn their heads on him confuse. But instead of being embarrass he just shrug it off. "You can answer now."

 

His sarcastic attitude is slowly creeping on Siwon's nerves but for his girl friend's sake he decided to just let it slide. He glances back to the road and answered.

 

"Tiffany likes beach so that's our next stop. Then I know a good coffee shop so we can go there and have some coffee.”

 

Without much deliberation she already felt thrilled of his plans. "Yeah, I will surely love it. I'm so excited!"

 

"You should not waste your energy yet. Here sleep." Siwon offered his shoulder so she clings on his arm and rested her head.

 

Seunghyun cannot deny on how gentleman Siwon is but it still made him annoy and hurt at the same time. It was his arm before that she clings to when happy and his shoulders that she leans on when tired. It even hurts him more when he saw that the bracelet that he gave already has a company in her wrist and it looks so much better and more expensive. To avoid their view he just sticks his eyes outside the window all throughout the ride.

 

 

The warm breeze of the wind brushing through her delicate skin and the sound of the waves on her ears made her move to her feet. It instantly lit up her face and with wide smile she took the hands of Siwon. Together they ran happily at the sea side with their arms around each other. They took pictures and played with the waves.

 

“How did you know I like the ocean?” Tiffany asked curiously since she knew it’s only Seunghyun knows about it.

 

Siwon cupped his chin. “Actually, I don’t.”

 

Her eyebrows furrowed confused with his answer.

 

“However, when I first met you I suddenly felt that you wanted to run away. Your eyes were so deep and wide like this ocean. I thought I could never reach you. But now…” He takes a step forward. “Here you are, with me.” Then he planted a kiss on her forehead.

 

It left her frozen but smiling at the same time with his sweetness. On the other hand, Seunghyun’s eyes shot wide open and his fist clenches when he saw the kiss. While they are enjoying the beach Seunghyun is getting more and more irritated at their sight.

 

"Has she really forgotten her best friend?" 

 

Being proud as he is, Seunghyun stayed behind and did not leave his seat. No way will he go there with his own will. He crosses his arms and was about to close his eyes when Tiffany came running and opens the door. The next thing he knew she’s already pulling him out of the car.

 

He gave him a glare and jerked his arm away. "I don't want to spoil your sweet moments with that guy. So go!"

 

"Don't be jealous. This was your idea remember?"

 

"I'm here to evaluate him but it seems that it's you who needs to be reminded that you have a best friend. I don't care anymore and just go back with him!"

 

For a second Seunghyun regretted what he said afraid that she will really leave. But Tiffany knows that he just needs a bit more push. With his most sensitive part which are his ears she started tickling it and even how much he tries to control it, his lips stretches to a smile.

 

"Yah! Stop that!" It's not funny!" But his face opposes his statement.

 

While Tiffany is pursuing her best friend it was Siwon's first time to witness on how she and Seunghyun treat each other. Even with that moment only, in his eyes it is obviously that what they have is so much special. And he knows even a person like him cannot break it. His jealousy made him walk towards them interfering the moment.

 

"It's getting dark now. I guess we should go have some coffee."  

 


 


Past
High School

 

“I’m Park Siwon from Gwangju I hope I'll have friends here"

 

The girls giggle then flashes smile at him. They were swooned at his sight except for one, Tiffany who is busy with her phone.

 

Once they finish their class Tiffany rushes out to meet with Seunghyun but her two other friends block her way.  One who is petite and cute and the other that is chic and looks cold.

 

"Yah, where are you going?" The petite girl asked whose name is Taeyeon. "Today is our girl's day out, remember?" Since they don't go on the same class together they've agreed that once every week they will go out to catch up on things about each other.

 

Tiffany shrugs innocently as if she doesn't know. But the chic girl, Jessica can obviously read her. "You're so obvious. Just tell us you can't come" she crossed her arms as she gave Tiffany hawk eyes.

 

"It's not like that. I forgot that I have to meet up with Seunghyun today."

 

Taeyeon pouted her lips in disappointment. “I thought we can all be together today. How could you do this?"

 

"Just call him and tell him that you’ll just meet tonight" Jessica begged still not letting go off her gaze on her.

 

"But--"

 

"Chebal!!!" They both pressed their hands together and Tiffany was about to give in when the handsome face of the new student passes by in front of them catching the attention of the two. So Tiffany took the opportunity to quickly sneak out. When they look back at her she's already far waving her hands. "I'll make it up to you guys next time! Love ya both!!!" Sending them kisses while they backfired her with laser eyes.

 

Tiffany got in the park just in time. She walks on to the familiar figure from behind and cling on his plump arms happily. "Oppa!”  She quickly sat beside him before he can move away then rested her head on his soft shoulder. “Heol, I’m so tired.” 

 

“This is not a pillow!” Seunghyun said looking down at her.

 

“Promise me you will not let any girl to use this.” Tiffany lifted up her head resting her chin on his shoulder. Then everything freezes. Unexpectedly their faces are only an inch away. Their first time to see each other that up-close.

 

1-2-3…

 

Finally, they managed to gather their thoughts back. Instantly, both are in burning red. As young and naïve they were they don’t know how to react on that sudden moment and they just quickly made a space between them.

 

"Y-you know what? We're already w-wasting a lot of time. Let's go and… look for the shops" Stammering, he said then was first to walk so Tiffany just followed behind.

 

Since Tiffany wanted to be a designer someday she thought that it would help her if she will look at the designs of the different shops around their place. Though Suenghyun doesn’t have any interest on those things but for Tiffany there’s always an exemption. They went to a near jewelry shop where Tiffany found a lot of good stuffs. There are earrings, pendant, brooch, bracelet and other accessories. Hence, she cannot help to also look for herself.  A bracelet with pink butterflies in it immediately captured her eyes. Anything with pink could surely tempt her but the bracelet itself is beautiful as well. Unfortunately, the price also made her heart broken thus, all she can do is to ignore it and walk away.

 

After few minutes Tiffany finally walk out of the shop and went over to Seunghyun who is waiting for her. "Are you done?" He asked.

 

Tiffany nod with her head lowered as she is still thinking of the nice bracelet.

 

"Aish! I really hate seeing you like this!" Seunghyun wanted to tease Tiffany but her gloomy mood quickly changes his mind.  So he did not make it hard for her anymore and took her hand to put on the bracelet that she was fantasizing. "I saw you a while ago. Well, just wear it. You don't have to say anything."

 


A/N: Yo-ng! Hi guys! So, this is quite a long chapter, right? NEW characters up there: Jessica and Taeyeon. So I'll just follow their image in SNSD Ice Princess and The Kid Leader (though she's not a leader here or anything...)

 

BTW, just a very short preview on the next chapter. Again, a new charcter will be revealed and it's...Sooyoung-ssi ^^ I will not say anything about her role yet but I guess some of you would already know to whom she will be paired with... XD Also, who is the real third wheeler??? AND please, please keep on reviewing my story. THANK YOU! 

 


 

GOD BLESS!