06.

Hurt

It was dark by the time I woke up.

 

1:00am.

 

I've been asleep for the whole evening after I reached home from work at the coffeeshop in the afternoon. Exhuastion must have really taken over me. I headed down to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

 

So much has happened in just these few days. Jongkook, Jimin, Jiyong. They are all back. What's happening?

 

I sighed, pouring myself a glass of ice water before I remembered about the box Ji Na handed to me when I was leaving the coffeeshop.

 

What would Ji Na need to hand to me? What is inside?

 

Carefully, I took out the baby blue box from my bag when I returned to my room. It was medium-sized, with no prints or anything on it. It was just a plain baby blue box. Gently, I removed the cover of the box. The contents made me gasp.

 

How long has it been since I've seen these things?

 

A small teddy bear of the size of my palm stood at the corner of the box. Jungkook won it for me at a school carnival  after several tries and I decided to give it to Ji Na in the end as she always wanted one of those small teddy. I remember Jungkook's unhappy pout and Ji Na's thrilled expression. It was of the total opposite. I had to treat Jungkook to icecream before he would cheered up.

 

I smiled at the thought of how childish he was.

 

I went through the contents as more and more happy memories returned.

 

So much time have passed and so many memories were made, yet everything seem to be erased in a single day and night. That irony...

 

Something sparkly caught my eyes and I picked up the silver chain. A heart shaped purple crystal dangled at the end of the chain.

 

Ji Na found it! I spent so much time looking for it that day!

 

The thought made my smile widen and I recalled the past. Jungkook had bought it for me with his very first paycheck and some of his savings. It was probably one of my most treasured possessions then. I wore it everywhere I went. Only one of the days when I had dance class, I took it off and placed it into my bag as it got in the way of me learning new flips.

 

I headed to the coffee shop afterwards. Upon entering, a man exiting knocked into me harshly and left the shop hurriedly. The contents in my bag spilled everywhere. Hurriedly, picked up the contents and tried to look for the chain, but to no avail. I tried looking for it for hours with the help of Ji Na, but we both didn't manage to find it. When Jungkook found out, he said it was alright, but with his expression on his face I knew he was far from "alright".

 

Thank you so much Ji Na for bringing all these bits of the past back.

 

I held the chain up in awe, my eyes scanning the pretty crystal.

 

It's so beautiful. Can't believe how much he spent on me then. He loved me, but does he still do?

 

I put the baby blue box aside, Unknowingly, I reached under my bed...for that box I never once opened since he left. My hands shook as I pulled it out with both hands. I sat on the cold, hard floor, leaning against my bed. Shaking, I ran my fingers over the dusty box and flipped the cover open.

 

The bad memories I hastily stashed aside...was all coming back.

-----

The cold night air blew against my bare arms as I stood by the balcony leaning slightly forward. Stars shone so brightly in the dark sky.

 

Ha Eun unnie. Are you one of the stars up there? You told me once that kind people like mother have to pass away as they have reached a stage high enough to become stars. You must have reached the stage huh? Are you looking at me now?

 

But if what you said is true, I wish you had never reached that stage. I want you back. Now you are no longer beside us. I miss you Unnie...alot.

 

 

"So Eun." A soft voice broke the peaceful silence.

 

It's Jungkook. He found me.

 

He touched my arm and I flinched slightly. I stared ahead.

 

I didn't want to face anyone. Not now. It just isn't the time.

 

"There's no one else So Eun. It's only me." He forced me to turn and enveloped me in a hug. "There's no need to pretend." He whispered, my hair. I took a whiff of his boyish scent.

 

"She's gone." My voice cracked and I clutched his hoodie tightly. "Jiyong oppa ran out of the house when he found out and he haven't been back since. Appa dosen't give a damn about it. I'm so pathetic," I manage a bitter laugh. "I can't locate Jiyong or get appa to show some care. I'm so useless. I can't even do anything. I-"

 

"Stop. Stop blaming every single thing on yourslef. Jiyong hyung will come back and your father...it's not your fault. So just stop it." He warned as he pulled away, looking straight at me. "Just cry. It's alright, I'm here."

 

It was all it took for my tears to start flowing and for me to break down, once again...in his arms.

 

-----

 

My head started to spin as I recalled the bitter moments. I clutched the sides of my head painfully.

 

My headache. It's back.

 

I reached for my drawer and took out my bottle of medicine. It was empty. I cursed inwardly as the pain in my head started to intensify. I have to get pills now.

 

Pulling myself up from the floor, I groaned in pain as I felt as though my head was an uneccessary weight. Since I haven't changed since I reached home, I staggered down the hallway and out to the streets, unwilling to wake Kai and Yoona up from their dreamland.

 

I'm just going to get the pills and it will be all over. I've done this before. You can do it So Eun.

 

I bit my lips as I tried to contain the intensifying pain in my head. My ears rang as my head thumped. It felt like a timebomb, ready to explode any moment soon.

 

I walked down the streets like a drunkard and thankfully it was late so there weren't so many people. I could see the convinience store down the corner and I willed myself to walk on. A wave of pain shot through my nerves and my legs gave way and I crumbled onto the ground. My eyes were sueesed shut and beads of tears started to flow out. I tasted blood in my lips. I had bitten my lips too hard.

 

It hurts so much. this.

 

The seconds that passed were nothing but agony.

 

"So Eun?"

 

". Are you okay? It's your headache again?" A pair of arms lifted me from the ground and I whimpered at the sudden movement.

 

"I'll buy her medicine."

 

The man who lifted me placed me on a bench. He placed my head on his lap and gently patted my head while singing a soothing song. I relaxed a little, but the pain was still there.

 

I heard the shuffling of feet before I manage to open my eyes to see two pills infront of me. I swallowed it almost immediately with a bottle of water bought along with the pills. Minutes later, my headache reduced into a mild throb.

 

I made sense of my surroundings. I glanced up to see Jungkook. He was the one who had bought the pills.

 

How does he still remember the headaches i have, and the medicine I take?

 

Wait. If he bought the medicine who is the other one?

 

I turned my head slowly to me right. The one who tried to soothe my headaches, the one who sang to me was...Kwon Jiyong.

 

"Oppa..."

 

 

"Are you awake? What were you doing in the middle of the streets with such thin clothing? Couldn't you have asked someone else to buy the pills for you? If we both weren't here, who knows what would have happened to you!" He chided, his jaw clenching and his jawline more visible. I kept quiet.

 

"I-" He growled before lifting my head and placing it back on the hard wooden bench. He marched off. I watched as his disappeared from my sight.

 

Jiyong oppa...you still care for me...

 

"So Eun.." Jungkook spoke, painfully. He helped me into a sitting position.

 

"Your brother- what he said was right. You have to be more careful okay?" He stared at me, wiping the falling tears off my cheek wih his thumb. "He shouted because he was worried, just like I am. Have you been living your two years without me like this?" His voice wavered. "It pains me so much to see you like this. Please take care of yourself So Eun. For your brother's sake...and mine." He paused and added in the last part.

 

"Go home and get some rest okay? Be careful." With that, he took off his hoodie and put it over me, before walking in the direction where my brother headed. I sat at the bench, my mind trying to process what had happened.

 

No...don't leave. What did you mean for your sake? Why do you sound so hurt?

 

I looked down to see a plastic bag on the ground. It contained my medicine, the bottle of water...and the sweets we used to eat together.

 

Jungkook...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And I'm back!! yay haha it's been a really cray cray two months and so glad its coming to the end of all those . Hope you are having a great day yeap? haha :D

Cutie Jungkook and V hehe (My loves)

All my lovely subscribers, thankyou so much for putting up with a writer like me and my story haha and your comments aww

You guys are the greatest!!! You guys make me...

HAHA

hope it was a good chapter for ya all!! :)

P.S. DID ANYONE WATCH WEEKLY IDOL? Y JUNGKOOKIE HEH