03.

Hurt

"Your hot chocolate is here!"

 

"And so is your brownies!" Mrs Park and Ji Na both arrived and set the food and drink down on the table. The plopped down on the armchair.

 

"How have you been my dear? Why haven't you visited in such a long time!" Mrs Park frowned.

 

"I'm quite fine now but things had been pretty rough so I couldn't make much time to visit you guys. I'm sorry." I lowered my head in guilt. I had promised them I would visit them every week but it's been years and I had actually forgotten about them. But not totally since I had unknowingly ended up running here.

 

"Poor child. Where's Jungkook then? He didn't come with you?"

 

"He..." I couldn't form a reply.

 

What was I going to say? He couldn't make it? He was busy? We broke up?

 

"He told me he'll bring you along the next time he came here! Now that you are here, he isn't here?" Ji Na tilted her head.

 

He was here? When?

 

"He was here?" I couldn't help but the questioned escaped my lips.

 

"He was here about three days ago! He didn't tell you? That's funny...he told us he will be bringing you here together. Maybe he had forgotten to and you had coincidentally came here." Mrs Park formed her conclusion. I nodded numbly.

 

He was going to bring me here...with him.

 

Was he just saying that to pacify Mrs Park?

 

"Oh well, maybe he will mention to you soon. Eat up eat up! You have gotten skinnier since I last saw you!" Mrs Park pushed the plate of brownies to me. Picking up the fork, I stuffed myself with the goodness, in hopes to divert the conversation.

-----

Time had ticked by fast. I caught up with Ji Na as Mrs Park served the new customers entering the small cafe.

 

"I think it's time for me to go. I'll contact you soon!" I stood up giving a hug to Ji Na.

 

"You better! Oh wait..." Ji Na hurried behind the counter and took out something.

 

"This. Keep them alright?" She passed me a box. I nodded.

 

"...I know that you and Jungkook broke up." She whispered. My eyes widened and she shushed me. "It's the way you answered just now. I suspected something the time Jungkook came alone but now you just comfirmed it. He seemed to be upset about something. I'm sure both of you had broken up when you both stopped visiting this cafe altogether. I still ship you both though. You and Jungkook were the coupe I ever witnessed to be so in love with each other. I hope this box would get both of you back together or perhaps if this is your destiny being seperated, I hope it wold leave you with good memories. I'll keep the secret from granny don't you worry alright?   I don't know what happened, but I hope you would tell me soon. Know that I'm here for you okay? I'm Park Ji Na! So Eun's best friend! So you better not keep anyhting from me or I'll just kick Jungkook's assuming it's his fault!" She hugged me again before rushing back to the counter to help her granny.

 

Thank you Ji Na...

 

I stared at the box before shoving it into my bag.

-----

Memories replayed in my head as I walked home slowly. They were beautiful memories.

 

The sky was darkening.

 

Winter days ends early...just like how happiness ended too early for me.

 

-----

 

"Welcome!"

 

"Hey Ji Na! The usuals please!" Jungkook called out.

 

"Right up!" Ji Na signalled a thumbs up.

 

The teenage couple that had just arrived sat down at their usual spot.

 

"Finally a time with peace." I leaned back on my seat, closing my eyes, enjoying the soothing music in the cafe.

 

"Finally some alone time for us without the others bothering us." Jungkook said and I opened my eyes to see Jungkook's face right infront of mine. "!" I yelped as I pushed him away. Jungkook fell on the ground and he let out a groan.

 

"Serves you right! Don't you dare do that again or I swear I'll kick you!" I stuck my tongue out at him. He chuckled and pinched my cheek before sitting back on the armchair.

 

"Usuals all done!" Ji Na cheerfully served us. " It's been a two years since you guys had patronised and granny asks for both of you to take another polariod." Ji Na whipped out a polariod.

 

"Your granny sure likes us." Jungkook joked as he sat beside me, his arm slinging over my shoulder. My face grew hot as I stayed in my position.

 

"She does! So do I. We have seen you both from friends to lovers...hey which cafe owners actually witness that." Ji Na reasoned, positioning the camera.

 

"Alright, here I go...One... Two...Three!"

 

SNAP!

 

That was when Jungkook placed his lips on my cheek.

 

"Yah!" I hit Jungkook hard on his chest as I pushed him away. My face flushed with embarassment as Ji Na doubled with laughter.

 

"You should have seen your face So Eun!" Ji Na cried out, laughing.

 

"Ji Na!" I whined as I grabbed the polariod from her hands. The polariod was beginning to show the colours.

 

"Keep this shot! I love it." Jungkook snatched it out from my hands and handed it back to Ji Na who nodded, still giggling.

 

"Jeon Jungkook!" I scolded as Ji Na walked off back to the counter. He grinned, nudging my shoulder.

 

"Don't be angry? You look great in the polariod!"

 

"I look horrid! Besides, you always say that!" I whined staring straight ahead.

 

"That shows how perfect you are in my eyes." He whispered in my ear. I froze up unable to speak. Then I heard he laugh again.

 

Damn that guy!

-----

My heart longed for the past. It ached to remember the past. The past of how we seemed so perfect for each other, as though nothing could ever go wrong.

 

I thought we would be together forever.

 

I really did love you Jungkook. I still do.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

double update for the day because I haven't updated in like ages and ages.

Thank you so much for your patience guys!:)