04.

Hurt

"So Eun?"

 

"Yea?"

 

"Don't you ever regret those times we sneaked out to the playground?"

 

The teenage girl turned to the boy beside her. A small smile formed on her lips as she stared at his side profile.

 

"Of course not. I loved those times." She whispered in contentment. The boy turned to come face to face with her, their faces just a a few inches apart. He grinned before wrapping one of his arms around her. She snuggled beside him, leaning her head on his shoulder.

 

"How I wish I could stay like this forever."

 

"Why wish? I'll always be with you, right beside you." She smiled at those words the boy uttered. She felt a warm fuzzy sensation spreading within her.

 

I wish time could stop.

 

Life is perfect enough with him.

 

-----

 

"So Eun...Yah...So Eun?" I blinked out from my daze and looked up to see Kai.

 

"You alright? You've been staring at the television for a long time now." The television was off. He playfully touched my forehead as though to check if I'm sick. I swatted his hand away and pushed myself out of the couch.

 

"It's time for night class guys, hurry before both of you are late!" Yoona's voice rang as she walked into the living room with a mug in her hands, eyeing on both of us. I glanced at the clock beside me. 7:30pm. 30 minutes to start of class. Shoving Kai lightly aside, I raced to my bedroom, changing into suitable clothing and pulling my hair into a ponytail.

 

"Hurry up slowpoke!" Kai knocked repeatedly on my door. He knew I hated it, yet he did it so often.

 

"Sheesh Kai, take a chill pill." I swung my door open to reveal Kai all ready. Damn guys and their speed changing.

 

-----

We walked along the streets to night class. in silence Stars specked the dark sky above. Cool wind made me shiver a little as I pulled my jacket closer to me. Recollection of the day's event ran through my mind and I could'nt help but have so many questions.

 

Jungkook...why is he back?

 

Why couldn't father have sent someone else. He knows the past between me and Jungkook, so why?

 

It didn't take long for me and Kai to reach.

 

"I heard Ms Kim is selecting the dancers for the special item at the showcase today!" One fellow student anounced as we both stepped into the dance studio. Kai and I exchanged glances.

 

Every year, the university would organise a showcase for people majoring in dance. It ranges from ballet to hiphop. Everyone gets a chance to perform on stage, but there is one special item for every genre which all student was interested in. That item would consist only of students handpicked by the  teachers. These special items are usually the highlights of the showcase. For me, I am determined to get into the hiphop item.

 

"Think you will be chosen? I'm pretty determined to get in too." Kai smirked playfully, as he took off his thick coat.

 

"You bet. The competion is on." I laughed, doing the same as Kai.

 

Ms Kim strodded into class, with a knowing smile on her face.

 

"I'm picking students for the special item in the showcase today. Now...should we start with our first choreo?"

 

Students spread themselves out in the dance studio. Kai and I shared a smile before we too, took our positions.

 

I'm going to be selected. Going to show those who didn't believe in me, what I'm capable of.

-----

 

"Thank you class. Keep practising the new choreo okay? The results will be out soon, remember to check the website!" Ms Kim with her usual casual speech grabbed her bag and left.

 

"That was an intense class." I wiped my perspiration, before gulping down the cool water I brought. Students were already walking out of class.

 

"Obviously. Everyone is working extra hard to get chosen." Kai shrugged packing his bag, ready to go. He glanced at me, waiting for me to leave with him. I shook my head and pointed to the stack of CDs that was shoved into my bag at the last minute. He took the message and told me not to stay too late.

 

Everytime I needed to think, I would stay after dance classes to dance alone, to escape from reality. Kai had gotten used to this routine of mine. Too many things had happened in just one day and I needed to clear my head. Dance was my escape from all this reality.

 

I picked a CD from my stack before inserting it into the music player at the front of the studio, after all the students have left. Almost immediately, the day's happenings seemed to rush back into my mind. I danced it off, feeling every single emotion as I moved to the music. I felt like I  was floating, free from all the memories.

 

"So Eun?" A voice abruptly interupted. My eyes fluttered open as I barely recognised the guy that stood by the door. His hair was jet black. He had chubby cheeks that had slimmed down since I last saw him. With a large coat over his hiphop clothing, I knew who he was. Jimin.

 

"Jimin?" I stuttered.

 

"I was told that this studio was free, so I decided t come by. Never expected to see you here." He chuckled and a smile graced my lips.

 

"I had class. I just stayed back to dance. Usually no one comes to the studio at this time." I laughed. It's been a long time I've seen him. I remember the flips he used to teach me, the way he corrected my moves, the way he encouraged me to dance on, knowing all about my plight.

 

"You went to LA with...him. Why are you back?" Relisation hit me and my voice came out harsher than I intended it to be. He seemed to be a little taken aback by my tone.

 

"I went there for training remember? It just ended and here I am." He shrugged and looked into my eyes, as if reading me." You met him didn't you?" His eyes burned holes into my soul, leaving me there unsure of what to say.

 

"Come here." He smiled after awhile, wrapping his arms around me as I walked to him. More memories filled my head as he hugged me. The memories that I had when I was a teenager, when I was with Bangtan, when everything seemed to be alright.

 

I wish I could go back there.

-----

 

 

The young girl clicked the "play" button.

 

She watched in amazement as they pulled off those moves so flawlessly. Their forehead glistened with sweat, yet their moves were still synchronised, on the beat. Her eyes widened as one did an aerial flip.

 

"Daebak!" The girl clapped and showed a gummy smile.

 

"Chinja?" An older boy asked as he wiped his perspiration off with a towel. The girl nodded and hopped off the bench.

 

"Can I learn dancing too? I want to do that flip like JImin oppa!"

 

"I'm cool right?" Jimin smirked proudly.

 

"Ani. Jungkook oppa dances the best!" She held out a her thumb and the rest of the guys snickered at the rejected boy.

 

"I want to dance! Jungkook oppa, teach me please?" The girl begged and Jungkook bent down nodding, ruffling her hair.

 

"Daebak! I will dance for everyone to see one day! Promise!" The girl cheered cheerfully, hugging everyone.

 

"I'll be cooler than Jimin oppa, you'll see." She giggled as they burst into another fit of laughter.

 

-----

Time passed quickly as I recalled dances we learnt in the past with Jimin. It seemd as though nothing had happened as we danced together, recalling the fond memories, although I avoided talking about ...him.

 

"I taught you flips the last time, can you do it now?" Jimin dared, raising an eyebrow, as if mocking me. Without a word, I took a few steps before doing one for him. I smirked proudly.

 

"Admit it, you are impressed ain't you?" I grinned and he merely shrugged.

 

"I have better ones after my training in LA. Watch." He took the centre stage this time.

 

If nothing had happened then, would I be sharing these laughters with him too?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello!!!! Update is here (finally).

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!:)