01.

Hurt

Some things has been added to the foreword and you may want to read it(?)

Again, I'm really sorry for this revamp but this chapter is pretty much the same as before just some edits here and there:)

 

=====================================================================================================

 

It's winter again.

 

Thick woolly sweaters, snowball fights, hot cocoa, laughter, fun...

 

I cuddled myself with my thick woolly blanket and leaned against the chilly window frame. The streets were covered by a light coat of snow. A sigh escaped my lips. I glanced out of the clear glass at the children dressed in multiple bright colours, laughing, making angels, having snowball fights- 

 

I wished I was a child all over again.

 

Happiness, innocence replacing the hard reality.

 

I want the past back...so bad.

 

I want you next to me, your love to fill my insides with warmth.

 

Ding!

 

The doorbell rang and I lazily got off the bed and went downstairs. Who could it be? Yoona? Did she forget something?

 

I peeped through the doorhole. It's not Yoona...it's... and my breath hitched.

 

It's him.

 

I leaned against the door, trying to slow down my racing heartbeat. A knock sounded the house. The man knocked on the door this time.

 

"Hello?" The man knocked on the door once again. His familiar voice rang in my ears and my mind went blank.

 

Slowly to comfirm all I have seen and heard, I pushed open the door, inch by inch, to reveal the visitor, dressed in an expensive coat and a sweater he used to wear all the time on the inside. There he stood, perfect and tall, with that boyish features that made my heart stop everything I saw him. His hair styled messily like always, dark orbs that lured me to him. I rubbed my eyes. He still stood before me.

 

My heart constricted.

 

What is he doing here?

 

Two years gone and here he is as perfect as ever right here.

 

I stared at him, unable to speak or make any sound. My voice was stuck at my throat.

 

It really was him. It was him, standing right outside my door.

 

It was indeed...Jeon Jung Kook.

 

"So Eun," He paused, pushing the door a little wider."It's been awhile."

 

-----

 

I gripped tightly onto the handle of the mug, filled with steaming hot chocolate. I could feel his gaze on me as I cautiously sipped on the brown liquid. I sat directly opposite him. Silence blanketed us like an oversized coat.

 

"Why are you back?" I whispered softly, looking up slowly. He looked at me and gave a small smile. Despite the curve on his lips, his eyes were tired, dull.

 

"For you." He simply replied and set his mug down on the glass table.

 

Liar.

 

"I thought I made it clear the time you left. It certainly isn't your real reason, is it?" I chuckled bitterly, even though I knew there was nothing I found funny.

 

If it was true...will you stay with me?

 

The question popped up in my mind naturally. Unconciously, my grip on the mug tightened.

 

"They are waiting, So Eun. For you. They say it's about time you go there." He spoke quietly. The way he spoke my name made my insides melt. But I laughed, standing up unsteadily, swallowing the last of that sweet liquid. I headed to the kitchen to wash it. I needed to put as much distance as I can between the two of us.

 

Don't follow, please.

 

I felt his presence behind me and I inwardly sighed.

 

"So Eun," He whispered behind me, wrapping his pair of sturdy arms around my waist. I instantly stiffened.

 

Why, Jungkook...Why?

 

Those barriers I have carefully built over the past two years were slowing tearing down by every passing second. I held back those tears that were threatening to fall. I held back that strong urge to turn around to hug him, to kiss him, to tell him to not give a damn in this screwed up society.

 

I am scared, afraid, terrified. I can't break down infront of him, I can't. I won't.

 

"I miss you. I really do." He softly whispered into my ear.

 

"It's not just them that want you back. I want you back too."

 

My grip on the mug tightened and the tears had already sprung up in my eyes. I needed him to leave or maybe I should leave. I needed to get away desperately.

 

I miss you too. And I want you back as much as my past needed you.