Chapter 8 - Reminiscing the Past

The Elusive Assassin

Lee Sungmin puts down his pen after he wrote hi final plans on his revenge against this group. He rested his head at the back rest and refreshed his memories when he faced the most terrible moment in his life.

It was a pleasant sunny day. Fifteen year old Lee Sungmin is running on his way to their home to deliver good news: he won the first place in the National Wushu competition! He and his coach went to Seoul to compete for their school and emerged as a winner and defeated the last year’s champion. He already called his parent to deliver the news. They were so happy and excited that they promise to have their celebration in the house upon his arrival.

He stops at his running and thinks for a while. A smile formed in his lips and proceeds to the back door of their house to surprise his omma. Maybe she is cooking at this time. He thought as he slid his hand on the doorknob and went inside the house. The kitchen is empty but he can see the newly cooked food in the stove. Sungmin felt nervous as he proceeds in the dining room without seeing his parents. Until he heard a loud sound coming from the living room as if a heavy object falls on the floor. He headed to the living room and what he saw terrified him.

His parents were hanged on the ceiling, blood oozing from the either side of their heads. Their hands and feet were tied. Three men are standing in front of them. The middle man got his gun from his pocket and fires at his appa’s head. Another one he fires at his omma. The gun has a silencer so he never heard the gunshot. He heard muffled cry from his parents when they were shot because their mouths were tied with a cloth.

He wanted to run away from the house to call for help. Until what he saw brings a second shock to him.

His eight year old brother, Lee Donghae is looking at the scene with wide eyes, he witness the murder of his parents in full view. Unable to help his parents and his young mind cannot take the situation; he was rooted to the spot and he can only stare at his parents’ murderers. Sungmin cannot take the situation anymore, he need to save his litter brother. The man turned his gun at Donghae but Sungmin reacted first. He ran as fast as he could to get his dongsaeng away from harm. Unfortunately, as he reached for his brother he was hit with the gunshot on his right shoulder. He screamed as he feels the excoriating pain from the gunshot to shield his brother.

The three men were shocked when in seconds a teenager crossed their path in a split second the middle man fires his gun. The middle man recovered first and aims the gun to Sungmin,   “Well, well, finally, the older brother arrives. I’ll finish both of you so that you can meet your omma and appa immediately, arraso?” he said mockingly to them. 

Sungmin looked at the three people with anger and loathing. He knows this man; he didn’t understand why he is doing this to their family. With nuckchak in his hand, he throws and maneuver it to the middle man which cause the latter to fly his gun beyond his reach. He throws the nuckchack again to the other two men in which made them immobilized and had a chance to escape. He carries his stunned brother in his unwounded shoulder and run to the back door as fast as he can.

“Get them!,” the gunman ordered to his men and chases the two in the middle of the forest where Sungmin went with Donghae. Sungmin successfully eluded his captor and hides in one of the secret cave that he and his appa made in the middle of the forest. He placed the stunned Donghae and checks him if he had any physical harm received. He sighed in relief when there’s nothing wrong on his body. Donghae still in timid state until his eyes went wide upon seeing his hyung’s bloodied shoulder.

“Hyung…” he can only say in the moment and pointed at Sungmin’s injury.

“Donghae” he can only say to his dongsaeng until they heard an explosion coming directly to their house. Donghae rushed at his side and embrace him tightly. Sungmin pulled him away quickly, “Stay here in a moment. Don’t go out until I come to get you, understand?” he commanded to his dongsaeng. Donghae nodded.

He reached a safe place where he can see what happened only to find out that their house was burned down by their parent’s murderers. He can see a satisfying smile at them as they leave the premises. Once he was sure that the men leave the premises, he went to their burning house weeping at their loss. He screams with all of the strength he could muster for the tragedy that happened in his family.

He went back to the cave and took Donghae out in the place. They went to the nearest police station to report what happened to their family. After they report the incident they we rushed to the hospital and tended their wounds.

News about the Lee family murder spread like a wild fire and investigators flock to solve the murder and find the only survivors of the murder: the Lee brothers. The people were also shocked when Sungmin told that one of the notable businessman, Kim Jung Ho, was the killer. They cannot believe it at first, and the businessman also ensures the public that he is not involved in the murder. Due to his influence, the case was not solved until now.

Sungmin opens his eyes as he remembers the murder of his parents. He wanted to execute his plan as soon as possible.

I’ll definitely claim your life, Kim Jung Ho. You will pay for what you have done to my parents and our family. He clenched his fist at his thought.

 

 

 

* And I would like to apologize for this shocking chapter. I myself got shocked upon reading this chapter...and I'm still debating on myself if I will rate it as M for the violent content..but anyways, the damage has been done and these past days, I've seen more subscribers on this story..hehehe..to all subscribers and silent readers......thanks a lot guys! I'll try my best to update as soon as I can.