Chapter 13 – Invitation to Discoveries

The Elusive Assassin

Sunny went to the headquarters that afternoon. As she passed to her Chief Office she saw familiar figure talking to their Chief Officer. A man with a lean body felt her prescence and turn around in Sunny gasped in surprise.

It was her Sunbae, Choi Siwon.

“Sunbae-nim!” Sunny called and bowed to the man. She thought he changed a lot since she last saw him: from his slightly long hair which passes his nape to his day old stubbles. But his elegant prescence still have at his personalty in which Sunny has slightly intimidated. Choi Siwon retured her bow and approach her.

“Hi Sunny! How are you?” He extended his hand to Sunny in which the latter gladly accepted. “How's you assisgment here at Gwanju?” he asked.

Sunny hesitated to answer his sunbae for a while. It took a long time to answer her Sunbae. “Not good...you see I had faced a suspension on my failed mission and having difficulty in handling cases on these killings.”

“How hard, Sunny? Is that why Chief Jang called me here? On what extent had you reached your investigation?” he asked with a concered face. Sunny admire his Sunbae-nim in helping his hoobae many times. Whether a Sunbae or a hoobae, he is willing to extend his help as far as he can.

Sunny sighed. “Long enough to face one of the assasin,Sunbae.”

“Well then, I think you will be needing my help that I will offer.” Siwon raised his eyebrows at Sunny.

Sunny looked up.

“Let's go to the conference room. Sunny, Head Chief Jang” Siwon said to signalled Chief Jang to ushered both of them at a secluded room of the headquarters.

The three of them entered a secluded room in which it arrays of computers laid down and files scattered everywhere. The only single personnel facing is heavily immersed on the computer, not noticing the three of them entered the room.

“You are too immersed at your tasks, Henry” Siwon tapped his subordinate. Henry fliched at his Sunbae's tap and stretched his shoulders.

“Aish!- Oh! Siwon Subae, evening all!” Henry said in English. He was then introduce to Sunny and their Head Chief. After some small conversation. Chief Jang left at the room.

“ I think our case is connected to each other. Remember what you had said you are suspecting a vigilant group is behind the killing of some individual here at Gwangju?” Siwon walked around the room and extracted one of the disk between piles of papers. Sunny is closing watching and listening to him.

Siwon faced her. “It took me three years to infiltrate the group. Finally, we took down the leader and the whole organization. Here.” he gave the disk to Sunny. “I have all the files that I got from the organization itself. It is soo meticulously arranged and protected. Especially the electronic ones, huh, good thing Henry is here to help us to deal with the electronic files. That is why you were called here, Sunny. You might get some hints that you wanted and help us unveil the organization's secrets.

Sunny got curious at the disk and thank her Sunbae. “Gomawo, Sunbae-nim. I will help Henry on this.” and rushed to Henry's side.