Chapter 12 - Deductions

The Elusive Assassin

It has been a week since the murder of Kim Jung Ho happened. After the days from series of scoldings and disappointments she received from his superiors, she finally have the time to relieved her thoughts on the things she missed on her investigation. She was suspended until her superior can only tell. As she sipped her coffee she recalls her trip to Gyeonggi days ago.....

Sunny reached Gyeonggi after long hours of travel by train. The sceneries in the place soothes her sensed that she cannot think that in this place a murder occurred which was still unclosed.

She hailed a taxi to speed her up to Geonggi Investigation Office where Jung Yunho is waiting at the front desk in the office. Once she spotted Sunny, he stood up and meets the young detective.

“Anyeonng Haseyo, Detective Sunkyu” Jung Yunho greeted her. “I believe you were currently assigned at Gwangju. It’s too far in here” he said in concern. “and how come you came here only to investigate Kim Jung Ho? He is currently in the district that you are assigned!” he said exasperatedly.

“Yunho Sunbae, first of all, call me Sunny. I am very well known for my English name!” she said exasperatedly. Yunho cringe at her glaring stare for he knows she hated calling her to her original name. “Secondly, Gwangju offered limited information about him and his personal matters are well protected. Besides, I came to stumble by his name when he appears on us in the Police Station.” She explained. “And I might get some info about his soon to be assassin so I have to study his past”

“Aish! Whatever you may do, I’ll just guide you. OK? ” Yunho said. “oh, before you start your investigation, have a bite on our snacks and take a little break.” He motioned him to his office to eat some foods which was specially prepared for her.

*************************************************************************

Sunny Sunny was covered in a pile of archived files looking for files about Kim Jung Ho. The district had intact information about him being a businessman with always do charity works to Gyeonggi. But then his business was not detailed in the archives. Not until she found an article containing his involvement for the murder of a certain Lee family.

She reads. The news was dated ten years ago.

August 23,2003

Thirty nine year old Lee Chun Hwa and his wife Lee Min Rae thirty seven were found dead after their house was found burning in___Gyeonggi yesterday morning. Firefighters rushed to the burning site to extinguish fire, until their bodies were found in the burned living room which consumed by the after fire. Police and investigators rushed to the crime scene after their eldest son, Lee Sungmin reported the murder occurred at their home on that night.

 “Sungmin?, I wonder Sungmin’s surname anyway....he just have the same name to the victim’s son. Poor him. She said. She continued reading the article. “Lee Sungmin,,fifteen, with his brother, Lee Donghae, had witness the murder of their parents and directly named Kim Jung Ho as the main suspect of the murder together with Park Yoochun and Kim JunHa. Police invited the three suspects and clearly denies the accusation. The three suspects are the most influential families in the region.

Autopsy report that one gunshot in head and a neck laceration due to hanging were found in the body of the victims which caused their immediate deaths. The theory was supported by the statements given by the eldest son. A case will be filed against Kim Jung Ho, Park Yoochun and Kim Junsu within this day.

Sunny flips the yellowing newspaper and searched for the family picture. It so happens that someone cut the portion in which the picture was in. She frowns. “Someone has raided the archives and manipulated it.” She said. Another article caught her eyes and reads further.

July 23,2004

With the recommendation of the court child psychiatrist, the court releases the order of rehabilitation to Lee Donghae who had suffered severe shock upon witnessing the murder of their parents in the house one year ago.

Sunny noticed a space in a newspaper as if it was cut with scissor. She shares her head and gives up his further investigation for the Lee family. After hours of looking for Kim Jung Ho’s history, he calls it a day and exited the Archives Room.

*********************************************************************

Have you researched enough? You can go to Seoul if you want to research more. Yunho said after he finished eating his bibimbab.

Sunny scowled at Yunho while eating her bibimbab. Her eyes passed to the array of framed picture until she noticed a seal bearing a raven. “Hey, what was that seal?” she asked her collegue.

“Oh that? That belongs to the Lee family. That seal was an identity to the Lee family which was gone ten years ago I think you have read the family’s unfortunate event in them, right?” Yunho said.

She looked at the seal closely. Then it hit her.“A blue raven seal?" She said. She went for her bag and yanked open to extract the picture of the seal. It was the same!

Park Yoochun and Kim Junsu were found dead with a blue raven seal besides them...their deaths were performed cleanly. They were killed by a gunshot across the head, like the way the parents’ gunshot in their autopsy. She remembers the autopsy report of the two businessmen and the one which she had read a while ago.

They are both businessman who were also associated with Kim Jung Ho….they are also accused of the murder of the Lee family. It clearly hit to her that the murder of the two businessman and the death threats of Kim Jung Ho were done by only one individual, the one who has a direct relation with the murdered family.

“A murder for revenge….Yunho Sunbae, can I see the picture of the Lee family?

Yunho nodded and showed an album of pictures of the families living the district. Here. He indicated a picture of the Lee family.

The picture shows their parents and two boys smiling at the picture. Somehow due to weather the pictures were poorly recognize the people in the picture. But she get her attention on the boy whose smile is quite familiar. It is similar to Sungmin’s smile. She can’t believe it.

Sungmin? She thought. She takes a mental note to ask him about his family. Along with the thoughts, she had her mission. I must find this man. This plot is a purely for revenge.

 

Sunny remembered Sungmin. After her trip To Gyeonggi, she visited the flower shop but she did not meet Sungmin there. He only met Ryeowook on the shop; he said Sungmin took a long vaction break and still not come back to the shop. But as she visited the shop yesterday, their manager looks frustrated as she said the two file their resignation and cannot be contacted after that. She too has been disappointed not seeing even contact them in the shop.

Why did they resigned and disappeared quickly? She asked for herself. As she ponders on this her mobile phone vibrates on her bedside table and quickly reached for it. "Yes, sunbaenim?" she asked.

"Prepare to report on the station by noon. We will lift your suspension for a while to join in this mission." her sunbae told her clearly.

"Roger, Sunbaenim." She replied. She took a bath and dress herself quickly and went to the police station.

 

 

 

*By the way, to all subscribers and silent readers of this story, I would like say "THANK YOU!!"  and I'm sorry if I am not replying on your comments..I had little time using our computer. Hope I could buy my personal PC this Chistmas..hehehe..to finish this story and start with my new story. "Wish Fulfilled" 

I uplifted the Rated M. I willl be careful next time to be moderately violent.

Thanks to the support guys!!! Saranghae!!! <3