Chapter 11 – Escape and Betrayal

The Elusive Assassin

Sungmin, carrying the unconscious Ryeowook with Kyuhyun in the rear exited quickly at the building and ran to the black car parked at the nearby parking lot. After placing Ryeowook in the passenger seat and Kyuhyun manage to secure his gadgets at the back of the car and settled himself at the back seat acrrying his beloved computer, Sungmin started the car and at high speed went further at the crime scene.

 

Loud distant bangs can be heard as they sped up farther at the place. Sungmin stared at Kyuhyun at the rear mirror as if questioning the latter.

 

Chuckling, Kyuhyun looked at his sunbae-nim, “Hey Sunbae, it's a part of MY escape plan. The last phase to be exact. I already calculated their response time and made a programed time landmine with 200 meter radius. Any one step within the radius, a car or a human, it will be activated. The time will only last for 30 minutes, enough time for us to escape”, he smirked.

 

“Sometimes I thought you are harmless, Kyuhyun. With your genius on computers and spy gadgets and everything to delay and manipulate your opponent's operation, I've seen you prove it a million times. You are more cruel than the rest of us altogether.” Sungmn shakes his head as he said it.

 

Kyuhyun continues to smirk. “I'm using my hands and mind for manipulation only. But on the execution, you guys are there to do the killing. I'm just contented on the supporting role. Pity I cannot see my victims suffer.” he smiled mischievously.

 

Sungmin laughed. “Yeah, and you are the maknae Kyuhyun the Computer Geek Assasin.”

 

“Yah, stop teasing me, Handsome Assasin.” Kyuhyun glared at Sungmin from the rear mirror.

 

Sungmin continous to stifle his laugh to notice Ryeowook is slowly stirring at his sleep. Kyuhyun went back on ticking on his laptop while Sungmin stopped and park the car at a nearby shoulder.

 

“Uhhh....”

 

“Hey, it's the Eagle Eye Sharpshooter brat that spolied our escape already awakes. Finally.” Kyuhyun said sarcastically.

 

“Hyung?....” Ryeowook looked at his surroundings. “Where are we?”

 

“Approaching to the headquarters. How are you, Ryeowook-shi?” Sungmin asked.

 

“My right shoulder hrths....but in all I am ok, Hyung.” Ryeowook replied.

 

“Maybe because Sunny split your arm violently...I told you to be careful facing Detective Sunny. And what you have got after under estimating her?” Sungmin looked at him in disappointment. “Looked at what happen to you?”

 

Ryeowook bowed his head. “I'm sorry, hyung.

 

Sungmin sighed. “ We will fix your shoulder once we approach our headquarters. Bear for the pain for a while. Ryeowook-shi, next time, please be careful and listen to what we say during the operation, ok?”

 

“Yes Sungmin Sunbae-nim. And sorry again, to you also, Kyuhyun-nim.”

 

Kyuhyun chucked. “Good thing I am here. Told you, Sungmin Sunbae, I am very well useful when it comes from supporting roles.” he said. He want to say something but he notice his smartphone is ringing. His other sunbae, Kangin is calling to his smartphone.

 

Exchanging questional glances from Sungmin to Ryeowook, Kyuhyun reluctantly answer the phone. But second gone after Kyuhyun said “Hello” , no response can be heard at the other line. His eyes widened as he hearrd gunshots at the background on the other line.

 

“What's wrong?” Sungmin inquired on his maknae. He stepped out on the car and went to Kyuhyun side.

 

“Something's going on where Kanging Sunbae is now. He just open his line but he is not speaking.” Kyuhyun said.

 

“Give it to me.” Kyuhyun handed his phone to Sungmin. He put in Speaker mode. “ Kanging Sunbae?”

 

A series of loud gunshot heard at the background. Sungmin furrowed his brows as his hoobaes gasped in shock.

 

“KAGIN SUNBAE?! “ Sungmin called his name louder this time.

 

No answer was heard. There was silence on the his background.

 

Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun and Ryeowook with worried face

 

Sungmin snapped at his senses. “Kyuhun, locate where is Kangin Sunbae now.”

 

Kyuhyun started preparing his equipment when Sungmin halted him as they heard Kangin's faint voice at the other line.

 

“Kyuhyun......”

 

“Hyung!...”

 

“Sungmin.....”

 

“Waat's wrong?! What is happening there? Where are you?” Sungmin asked.

 

“Don't....... go........ b-back.... t-to the.............. head.............quarters.....” he cough.

 

“Why?...Sunbae, what is happening there?”

 

“............”

 

“Hyung.........?”

 

“The....head.......quar........ters....is....infil....trated.........” But the faint voice was placed by a loud grunt and gunshot. The line is still connected as they heard the voice that the least they expect to hear.

 

“Captain, the mission is complete. The vigilant group headquarters are already in captive.”

 

Kyuhyun and Ryeowook exchnage shocked looks and looked at Sungmin whose jaws are clenching.

 

The man 's voice is none other than Choi Siwon.