Chapter 1 – The Flower Attendants

The Elusive Assassin

“Thank you for coming at Bloomfield Flower Shop! Have a nice day!!” Sungmin said cheerfully as their customer bids farewell with the smile on her face. She had purchased their last stock of daffodils and roses in the shop.

Sungmin smiled as he scans the store. All of the flower bins are empty; they already sold all of their flowers! It means they will close the shop as early as he expected. He arranged the empty bins when his co-worker, Ryeowook approached him.

“Wow! What a lucky day again! We sold all of our flowers! Manager noona will be happy about this. I can’t wait to see her happy face again! Thanks for your charming personality, since you have started working in our shop, most of the days our flowers here are always sold out!” He said as he tapped Sungmin’s back.

“ Oh….. really?!” Sungmin said as he scratched the back of his head. “I’m thankful I became a big help to Manager Noona make her flower shop a blockbuster. Haha!! And charming personality?! Nah, let’s say that I have a knack of giving extra treatment especially on our female customers.” He chuckles as he saw Ryeowook rolled his eyes exasperatedly on his comment.

Sungmin worked as a part time flower arranger and attendant at Bloomfield Flower Shop with Ryewook.  Since the day he start working at the shop, he always give extra treatment for female customers while attending on their orders; exchanging sweet words for young girls that makes them giggle, giving massage to older customers that they appreciate much. As for the guy customers, he has also a knack on starting a conversation with them thus giving them good advises which they appreciate much. Since then, they will drop by on the shop not just to buy their flowers regularly but to see and have a chat on him. Manager Noona didn’t mind Sungmin’s actions: she finds it very attractive in her shop and to the customers as well.

They are discussing on how they are going to spend the rest of the afternoon when Ryeowook’s phone rang with a message. He opened it and smiled.

“A message from Choi Siwon Sunbae” he said and shows the message to Sungmin.

“Hmm?” he reached out Ryeowook’s phone and read the message innocently.

“The Big Boss’ commending on the success of our latest mission we accomplished.” He smirked. “A job perfectly done.” He said.

Sungmin became serious, “Hmmm…….well the mission will not be perfect without your help Ryeowook-shi, thanks for being a sharp shooter.” he said. Ryeowook blinked his eyes upon hearing his hyung’s comment.

Ryeowook cleared his throat. “He also said since we finished our mission as early as our Big Boss predicted, he had granted us a 2 weeks break…..and…hey! we can start our break today! Hoe about having a drink at the newly opened bar across the shop?” he said enthusiastically.

“And drag you again in our apartment heavily drunk? If I only knew that you are one heavy drinker, I will not go on the bar drinking with you.” he said as his last memory of their last drinking session on a local bar flashes across his mind. Ryeowook keep on requesting a shot thus he never noticed that Ryeowook reached past his alcohol resistance. Ryeowook cannot support himself walking home and sang to his heart content, loud enough to wake their co tenants and shouts at them to shut up. The next morning, Ryeowook apologize to disgruntled Sungmin and their tenants as well.

“Oh please hyung!?!” he said cutely, “ I’ll promise I’ll behave myself. I will stop drinking if you say so.”

“Hmmm….”Sungmin consider Ryeowook’s request for a moment.” Ok then. You just keep your promise arraso?, or you will suffer my displeasure” he flashes his menacing smile on his cute magnae.

“Yes!!!” Ryeowook shouts and jumps in the air excitedly. His hyung’s smile did not affect his enthusiasm but he took note of his warning on his mind.

“I’ll just finish computing our sales for today while you continue cleaning the shop ok? Accompany me to the bank where we will remit our sales to Noona. Then we can go to the bar.” He said while Ryeowook just started arranging the empty bins Sungmin had left. Sungmin went to the counter and started counting the money and arranging the sales report that they will submit to their manager.

“Maybe a little break is not bad. Huh, the last mission gave me a lot of challenge.” he said to himself while stretching his back and massages his neck. He already finished the sales report and counted the money to be remitted. Ryeowook also finished cleaning the shop and changes his clothes in their locker room.

Minutes after they went out to the shop with a relaxed feeling not minding on the things they had done in the past days.