Chapter Two

How To Act Like A Girl 101

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0R2d-pkWJ4&feature=related 

 

You kidding me?!” Min exclaimed. Maelyn gave her a critical look. “Do I look like I am?” she asked, browsing the internet for some furniture to buy. Her sister, Min, grinned like a maniac as she looked around at the vast living room. So far, the two occupants had managed to agree to buy on one simple couch before Yoseob had to go work.

 

To think; I'm standing in the exact same room that Beast's mankae was in!!!! How can you not be so..ecstatic?!” her sister cried. Maelyn shrugged and closed her laptop. “I'm just not into these girly boy groups as you are.” she replied, standing up.

 

Where you going?” Min asked. Maelyn pointed at the clock. “The crew & I are gonna have a session soon, so where are you going? This isn't your place.” Maelyn answered. Min sighed and took her bag. She gave one last yearning look at the penthouse before walking out the door. Maelyn closed the door behind them.

 

Honestly, she didn't see what was so great about living with an idol. They were annoying and spoiled. As a matter fact, she would never forget how Yoseob completely ditched her at the sight of some fan girls. For her sake, he could have at least helped her pay for the couch.

 

Omo, looks like someone new is moving in next door.” Min mused, peering over towards the other side of the hallway. Maelyn followed her stare to indeed see a disguised man moving in. She scoffed. If it was another idol then screw that; she was gonna commit suicide soon.

 

Whatever, come on, let's go. You still have work to attend to.” Maelyn declared, pushing the starry-eyed sister towards the elevator. Min sighed. She had almost forgotten about her boss' orders.

 

......

 

He's not answering...” Maelyn shoved her cellphone back into her bag. Looks like she was gonna have dinner alone. Good, she thought coldly. One less person to cook for. She pulled over into the parking lot and parked adjacent to a decent looking car. It was the latest of the NissanZ series. She spent a few seconds admiring it before getting out of her own sports car. She smiled as she slammed the door shut.

 

But nothing beats my baby, she thought, running a hand over the smooth hood.

 

Oh?” Maelyn looked up, startled. A handsome guy stood in front of her car, staring at her. For some reason, Maelyn found her heart beating at an irregular pace. She scolded it as she readjusted the cap on her head; shielding her eyes from view.

 

Who are you?” she asked.

 

Joon was slightly taken back by the girl's attitude, but quickly regained his composure.

 

Lee Joon. I just moved here, and you are?” he replied.

 

Maelyn made a mental note to look up the man's name. It oddly, sounded familiar. Maybe because her foolish sister had commented on so many 'hot' idols; and if he was one; she didn't want to risk having to much exposure with him.

 

Shim Maelyn.” she answered.

 

Joon fumbled with the keys in his pocket. Well, this felt awkward right now. He kinda missed the company of his band members; sure enough, one of them would jump at the chance to interact with any girl. Although, he wondered if they would have even recognized Maelyn as a girl. Dressed in casual jeans, white high tops, and a dark, formless shirt; the hat concealing almost half her face didn't help with her gender identity.

 

Um, well...”

 

If you're done wasting my time, I have to go make myself some dinner.” Maelyn cut off, briskly walking past him. Joon stood there, dumbfounded and watched as she marched her way to the elevator.

But just before she could walk inside, his voice came back to him and he yelled;

 

It was nice meeting you!”

 

Joon stood still for a moment, wondering if she was even going to reply back; but to no avail, Maelyn was gone without a farewell. He paused himself. Why did he even bother saying that? It wasn't like their meeting was nice at all. More like; “Hey! I'm your neighbor!” & “Do I care? Bye.” kinda meeting.

 

Meanwhile, once Maelyn got to her floor, she quickly rushed inside the safety of her penthouse. There were no lights no, indicating that Yoseob wasn't home yet. She sighed in relief. That was one issue she didn't have to fret about, but; she pressed herself against the bare door.

 

What was that feeling...she thought. Being with Joon; it made her feel weak and useless. And Maelyn expected herself to hate that feeling, but in contrast to it; she actually...liked it?