Chapter Seven

How To Act Like A Girl 101

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ixQmPEKdU 


When Maelyn woke up the next day, she was surprised to smell a tasty aroma waft through the air. She gracefully
fell over the side of her bed and quickly snapped to her senses. Scrambling towards the door, she peeked it open
and got a wave of more delcious scents fill her nostrils. Although suspcious, Maelyn stood up and got to prepping
herself for the day. Of course, that only took five miuntes before she entered the kitchen to find Yoseob cooking
breakfast. Maelyn warily sat on a stool across of his position and stared at him.


"You, what do you want?" she asked. A pancake flipped in the air before being expertly caught by Yoseob. He turned
around and smiled.


"Goodmorning to you, too. I'm just making breakfast. Here's yours," he momentarily left the burning stove and
grabbed a plate of food off the space next to him and set it on the counter in front of Maelyn. She stared
at is before cautiously lifting up the fork given to her. She stabbed a piece of sausage and carefully raised
it to her lips.

"Is this safe to eat?" she questioned. Yoseob chuckled. "Am I not cute? Yes, it's safe to eat." he replied and
returned to his cooking. Once his eyes were off her, Maelyn quickly took a bite of the sausage. Surprisingly,
it was yummy. She took another bite, and before she knew it, she was wolfing down a new piece of sausage.
Yoseob disrupted her tranquility with a napkin in front of her face. "When the others said I was good, I didn't
know I was this good." he laughed. Maelyn roughly took the napkin and wiped the area around her lips.

"Don't get too cocky, now why are you still here?" Maelyn said while chewing her food. Yoseob turned away to avoid
seeing the food mashed up in . "I have a day off, you know, my group is done promoting. So we only have
to work on our songs and choreo for our new albums. We also have to prepare for - " Maelyn raised a hand to silence
him. "I only needed an answer, not your life story. So I'm guessing I'll be seeing you every morning now?" Yoseob
shrugged. "Yeah, so any plans for the day?" he replied.

Maelyn shoved the empty plate away from her. "No." and with that, she rose out of her seat and walked back to her
room. Being left in the dust, Yoseob pouted and picked up the dish to wash. He tried to be nice, and this was what
he got in return? Oh well, he thought. TWO could play her game. . . 

 

. . . . .

 

Upon successfully escaping her home, Maelyn made a mad dash for the police department where she worked part time. Dressed up in her usual uniform, she gathered the normal equipment she required and put them in their respective places around her belt. She dropped the pistol in her hand back into its sheath before heading out towards the boss.

Chang Guk Ahm was too accustomed to this peculiar routine and easily slipped the keys to her car before returing to his paper work. Maelyn smirked and whistled her way out of the building and into her car. Checking to see if the sirens still worked, she headed out of the parking lot and chased off a vehicle that was threatening to go over the speed limit. She smirked as she saw the driver fuss in his seat as he turned a corner and disappeared. All in the day's work. . .

"This is Maelyn speaking, what have you got there sir?" she answered. Deciphering the message through the static and fuzz, she made out the words; "Criminal" and "hiding". She rolled her eyes and again, turned the sirens on before speeding towards the site her GPS locked on.

.

.

.

"Damn, hyung! You didn't tell us you lived with a girl!!!!" cried Dongwoon. Junhyung smacked the side of the maknae's head and glared at him. "Watch the language, man! You're too young to be corrupted!" he scolded. Kikwang snickered. "Says the man who has a stash of po - " Junhyung cut off as he tackled him to the ground. Yoseob sighed and shot a pleading look  towards Doojoon. He merely shrugged as a wicked grin flickered on his features. "Make room for umma boys!" he chirped before jumping on the two. Hyunseung watched from a safe distance before prodding Yoseob with the remote control to the television.

"So, you two dating?" he asked. Yoseob refrained from bursting out in laughter. "Yeah right, no we aren't. She's too..manly for me." he said, falling into a contemplating silence. In fact, he wondered why she was still in her room. It had been a few hours since he last saw her - and that was only when she came out for breakfast. Hyunseung snickered. "Sure, I thought you could woo over any girl with your 'cuteness'." he stated. Yoseob's lips formed a pout as he realised that he did the exact opposite with Maelyn. "Eh, I guess I'll have to try a different approach with this one..." he muttered more to himself. I wonder what she does while I'm away? he quietly thought.

.

.

.

" this! Get off me you bastard!" screamed Maelyn. She flailed around in her captor's hold as he pressed his foot down on her back harder. The other police men that had accompanied her at the house were too panic stricken to do anything as they stood a fair distance away from them. The criminal snickered and hissed into her ear, "Why don't you make me you wrench?" Maelyn's blood boiled at this particular comment. "Trust me, I would have if I could!" she yelled. And just then, she felt his hold loosen a tiny bit - which was all she really needed to throw the man off of her and take out her pistol. She aimed it at the man's bald head as he trembled beneath her gaze. "Y-you wouldn't." he stuttered as the other men finally swarmed around him. One of them kicked him over onto his back and chained his hands together. Maelyn lowered her gun, pleased.

"Wouldn't dream of it," she said, sarcasm heavily hinting her voice.

.

.

"Joon!" Doojoon exclaimed. The others paused their bickering over video games to look at their leader. Yoseob popped out from behind him. "Joon?" he repeated in a questioning tone. Joon tilted his head to the side, equally confused as Yoseob. "Funny, I thought Maelyn lived here..." he mused to himself.

.

.

.

Maelyn sighed for the umpteenth time as she watched the radar on her car spark with each passing car's speed limit. So far, everyone was wise to keep their speed low - that, and she was especially infamous on this particular highway. Many common cars that used it were aware that a female cop always hid among the sidelines biding for the right time to catch a felon.

Beep! Beep!

Maelyn jolted upright in shock. She spotted the speeding car and quickly shifted gears in pursuit after it. Meanwhile, her other hand began fumbling for a ticket lazily dismissed in the compartment next to her. Once the car finally pulled over, Maelyn got out her car and knocked on the driver's side's window. It rolled down easily to reveal a nicely prepped girl. Probably heading towards her date's house or something, she thought before plastering a fake smile on her face. "You were caught speeding miss,  eighty-five miles per hour, might I add. Can I see your liscense?" Maelyn extended out a hand that patiently waited for the card. Once she got it, she quickly dealt with the proper business and handed the girl her ticket. "And before you go," Maelyn said, stopping the window from fully going up. "Do you know anyone famous that goes by the name, Joon?" she questioned. The girl blinked at her like she was nuts.

"Excuse me?" she asked. Maelyn shrugged and rested her hand on the hood of the sleek Subaru. "Y'know any famous dude named Joon?" she repeated. The girl slowly nodded her head before reaching for something inside her car. When she rolled the window back down, she showed Maelyn a cover of some boy group's album. Her eyes narrowed at a familiar looking man. "That guy on the far left is named Joon, you know? He's a member of an idol group named MBLAQ." the girl slowly elaborated her answer. Maelyn's eyebrows furrowed together as she scowled. "I'm not slow, so don't speak to me like that or I will give you another ticket," at this the girl's eyes widened to her pleasure. "But of course, since you gave me the answer I needed, I won't. Off you go miss, and don't let me catch you again." she saluted. And so, the car flew off in a slower pace than before. Maelyn grinned to herself as she retreated to her car. So that's Joon, eh? Heh, we're sure going to have a lot to take about when I return, she thought ruefully to herself.