Chapter Four

How To Act Like A Girl 101

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAXOQsmaX0c

 

“No thank you.” Maelyn scoffed. Yoseob sighed as he fiddled with the spoon in his empty bowl of soup. How were they possibly going to paint all the walls with just the two of them?

 

“They don't bite though! Well there's. . . .” his voice trailed off,but he quickly shook off the thoughts in his head. “I'm just saying, it will take forever to paint the whole place!” he exclaimed exasperatedly. Why does she have to be so difficult?!
 

Maelyn reconsidered the offer, and the work that they would have to finish in one day. Stupid schedule of his. . .she thought, tightening her grip around the glass cup in her hand. Yoseob warily watched as her knuckles changed to white. His insides churned.

 

“Wha!”

 

Yoseob jumped in action as he quickly took out the first-aid kit from the cabinet and pushed Maelyn away from the sharp shards of glass. Maelyn could only stare at the mess she made while Yoseob busied himself with cleaning it up. When he was done, he walked over to Maelyn and grabbed her free hand. She didn't argue as she let him lead her to the counter. The first-aid kit lay there, waiting for her.

 

“You can let go of the sponge now.” Yoseob remarked. Maelyn snapped out of her daze as she dropped the wet sponge onto the counter. She pulled back her hand from his grasp.

 

“I-I'm fine. The glass just slipped from my soapy hands.” she stated. Yoseob shook his head. “No you aren't. You're bleeding.” he pointed out. Maelyn looked down at her hand to see that he was correct. But her moment of weakness had diminished already, and she refused to be taken cared of by him.

 

“I can take care of myself alright?” she snapped, grabbing the kit and began marching away. Yoseob chuckled and followed her.

 

“Yah! You can't treat that wound easily with just one hand!” he shouted after her. Maelyn made no sign in showing that she was listening to him. Yoseob sighed. She really was stubborn. . .

 

“Yah!” he shouted again.

 

“Leave me alone!” she yelled back. She took the knob of a nearby door and pulled it open as she continued walking away. Yoseob had little time to react as he was just footsteps away from Maelyn.

So with a loud thud, he collided into the door and fell unconscious onto the floor.

 

. . . . . .

 

 

“H-huh?” Yoseob was having double vision. Because right now, there were three Maelyn's in front of him. And she did the unthinkable, she smiled and giggled. Not chuckle or snicker, but actually giggle. He smiled, despite his aching head. “Am I dr-dreaming?” he mumbled. Maelyn shook her head and disappeared from his vision. This made Yoseob blink repeatedly as he sat up. A sudden jolt of pain coursed through his head.

 

“Sorry about that hit,” Maelyn's voice erupted from beside him. He turned his head to see her looking down and biting her bottom lip in guilt. Well whatever had happened to him, he liked how it changed Maelyn.

 

“What was that?” he asked, hoping to hear her apologize in a louder voice. He needed to confirm that this was all true. Maelyn looked up and glared at him.

 

Well there goes that side of her. . . .he sulked.

 

You heard me, so don't make me repeat myself! Now let's get to work! We've only got the living room and kitchen to paint now!” she shouted, standing up. Yoseob did too, taking note that her other hand was heavily bandaged. He couldn't help but feel slightly at fault for her injury.

 

So does that mean you painted the other rooms by yourself?” he asked in disbelief. . Maelyn rolled her eyes.

 

No sherlock.” she replied, walking off again.

 

Yoseob chuckled. Either Maelyn was bipolar, or she just chose to act like that towards him.

 

Are you going to help me or not?!” her voice sailed through the hallway. Yoseob grinned.

 

Coming yeobo~!!!!” he shouted back, wondering what her retort would be to his response. Surprisingly, none came. Instead, a loud thud filled the air. “Y-you!” he heard her shout.

 

Maybe living with her isn't going to be so bad. . .Yoseob thought. 


 

I realize that this isn't my best work...but is it that bad??? I could use some comments y'know. . . .please??? ^ ^" Anyway, I still hope you liked it. Even by the slightest bit.