Chapter Six

How To Act Like A Girl 101

 I just thought for this chapter, I'd try and see life in an idol's perspective. I realized something then, and so, I hope you guys will see what I saw after this chapter.


 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAG11QIXDQg

 

Yoseob knew that he shouldn't be complaining, but at the same time, he was too blinded by frustration to see reason. The rest of Beast were packing up their belongings, preparing for a night's rest whilst he stared at the ceiling. Suffice to say, this wasn't part of the finer moments in his life. Of course, there would only be a select few of idols who could relate to him. The rest wouldn't know.

 

“Hyung, we're going.” Dongwoon announced. The energy in the maknae had been drained away, and his dull voice sounded like everything else. Yoseob's eyes flickered over at him momentarily. The others hadn't bothered to wait for him – how expected.

 

“I'll go home by myself, thanks though.” he briefly smiled. Dongwoon shook his head. Like the others, he knew that something was troubling Yoseob. The man was usually happy and energetic. Right now, he looked like a zombie.

 

“You need something?” Yoseob asked. Dongwoon paused before walking out the door with one, last wave. Yoseob let out a sigh. He grabbed his bag and took the same path the others did. He was being foolish as it was. There was no need to sulk about. . .about what? His eyebrows furrowed. Maybe moving out wasn't the best thing to do after all.

 

. . . . .

 

The place was deathly quiet. There was a faint light glowing in the distance, and Yoseob followed it. It led him inside the living room. Maelyn was lying in one of the two couches it contained. In her hands lay an unfinished book and a blanket carelessly thrown over her body. Yoseob didn't have the heart to wake her up and rouse up another quarrel and headed towards the kitchen.

 

Dinner.

 

That's what he saw. There was a bowl of rice and some barbeque and other delicious dishes decorating the counter. A note was waiting for him on the fridge.

 

Mr. Idol,

 

Here is your dinner. I don't know what time you'll be coming back to the penthouse, so just feel free to heat up what you'll be eating in the microwave and put the rest in the refrigerator. Hope they tired you out a lot.

 

Somewhat sincerely,

 

Maelyn

 

Yoseob couldn't help but roll his eyes at the last sentence and paused mid-way from throwing it into the trash. He spotted colorful garbage inside it – his notes. Had he ditched her that many times? Now, he was feeling guilty.

 

You finally arrived.” Maelyn drawled. She had awoken by the sound of the door closing and soft footsteps. Yoseob jumped and stuffed the note into his pocket.

 

Er, yeah. Sorry I couldn't hang out with you today.” he apologized. Maelyn waved a hand in the air, dismissing his apology. “Don't care. I had other things to do. Anyway, it's normal for you right? Idols are always busy pleasing their fans.” she replied, grabbing a cup out of the cupboard. Yoseob watched her pour herself some water.

 

You aren't angry?” he asked. Maelyn refrained from rolling her eyes. “Angry? Oh come off of it Yoseob,” she glared at him. “Try infuriated. 'Nite.” and with that, she strolled away. Yoseob finally knew why he was gloomy earlier. In fact, he finally understood what had been bothering him from time to time. Maybe it was Fate that made Maelyn walk into his life and open his eyes to the truth. No, this wasn't just about not getting to hang out with her anymore. It was more personal than that. He finally knew.

 

Everything would always come second.