5

Holding Out For A Hero

 

"No ." Suga the bag against Jungkook's chest. "We had an intruder."
 
Hoseok's eyes widened momentarily, looking at its contents.
 
"Jimin, get her out of here." Namjoon went toward Jin to discuss something. Jimin tugged at Minjae's elbow.
 
She ripped her arm away. "I'm not going anywhere until someone tells me what is going on."
 
They all stood quietly, watching the floor as if the carpet had suddenly become very interesting.
 
She pointed at the bag Jungkook was holding. "Why is my name in that book?"
 
Namjoon hung up the phone and slowly placed his hands on her shoulders. "If anything happens to Minsoo, who is the next in line?"
 
"Me." She answered evenly.
 
He pressed his lips together, sorting out the proper words. "Minjae, your brother has been taken."
 
Her knees buckled under her and Namjoon held her up.
 
"But why?"
 
"He's a very powerful man that has pissed a lot of people off." Hoseok came up behind her and led her to a chair. She sank down into it as her brain processed what it had just learned.
 
Minsoo has been kidnapped.
 
She was next.
 
"I'm not really being punished for offing that Suzy girl, am I?" She looked around at each of them. They all shook their heads.
 
"Your brother was my mentor." Namjoon kneeled down in front of her seat. "He knew something was coming and he entrusted me to take care of you."
 
"That's so stupid." Minjae howled. "I should have been there next to him."
 
"No one was there." Jin said blankly. "He sent the others away to keep them safe."
 
In place of words, a soft cracking sound emitted from .
 
"They're all fine. I got a call from Daniel as per Minsoo's instructions." He patted the back of his hand. "We will find him."
 
Minjae suddenly hardened. "You bet your we will."
 
She stood and took off down the stairs to the third floor. She stumbled into her bedroom and locked the door behind her. Twisting the faucet in the bathroom, she splashed cold water on her face to drown out the prospective tears that had begun to form and the pounding at the door.
 
With her emotions quelled, she dragged herself to bed so she could at least pretend to be asleep.
 
Waking up was difficult. Her whole body felt like it was full of lead. Her cheeks felt gritty from tears that snuck out while she was sleeping. Sighing, Minjae tied her hair up high on her head and opened her bedroom door. Jimin was on the floor in the hallway, his head resting against the wall and fast asleep.
 
"He stayed there all night." Suga poked his head out of his bedroom door.
 
Minjae crouched down next to the boy and poked his cheek, startling him from his sleep. "When did you turn into my guard dog?"
 
"I wanted to make sure nothing happened to you." Jimin said groggily. He rubbed his eyes while Suga rolled his own. She ruffled his hair.
 
"Come on, kid." She took off down the stairs. Behind her back, Jimin stuck his tongue out at Suga and chased after her.
 
Namjoon and Hoseok grew very silent once they saw Minjae.
 
"Do you guys do anything other than hang out in the kitchen all the time?" She asked, raiding the refrigerator. Scoffing, she swung the door shut and leaned on the counter.
 
"Minjae," Namjoon gulped. "I hope you know we're doing everything we can to find your brother."
 
"I figure I should go check in with Taehyung to see what he can find out." Jimin slyly passed her a piece of toast, which she began to nibble on. "And I need to see my boys."
 
"Consider it done." Jungkook poked his head through the doorway. "We're ready for you upstairs."
 
Minjae nodded, jamming the last of the crust through her lips and the crumbs off her fingers. By the time she got around the corner, he was gone.
 
"I'm really sorry, Minjae." Jimin placed a hand on her shoulder. She shrugged it off.
 
"He's not dead yet so there's no reason to be sorry."
 
He cleared his throat and passed her on the way up the stairs.
 
By the time she got to the fourth floor, Jimin and Jungkook surrounded Taehyung on a monitor, Suga was leaning in the corner with his arms crossed, and Jin adjusted his Bluetooth on his ear.
 
"Time for briefing." Namjoon slipped into the room behind her. Hoseok placed his hands on Minjae's shoulders and eased her down into an armchair. "Like I said yesterday, your brother is a very powerful man."
 
'That has pissed a lot of people off.'
 
"It seems that, because he controls such a grand part of business in this region, someone decided to remove him from the equation."
 
Minjae gulped. "That makes it seem like he's dead already."
 
"Not yet." Jin said stoically, eyes on his screen. "We would have been notified."
 
Namjoon continued. "They think with Minsoo gone, the gang will fall through because-"
 
"Because I'm a girl." Minjae folded her hands primly in her lap.
 
"Probably." Hoseok pursed his lips. "Or maybe because you're so young."
 
"Minsoo was younger when he was left in charge." She said blankly. "Who would do this to us?"
 
Namjoon looked at Suga and then Jimin. Jimin brought the bag from last night back over to Minjae and pulled out the black bandana. She took it and held it in front of her face before crumpling it and throwing it to the floor.
 
"Big Bang."
 

Okay I PROMISE I love Big Bang. Don't hate me ;; they're just fun to write as villains.

Also I have chapter six finished as well but if I poste both five and six today you commenters won't get your karma for commenting

which is not cool OTL

@YQMickey