3

Holding Out For A Hero

 

Minjae woke up incredibly confused.
 
This bed wasn't hers and neither was the room. She checked her phone for the time. It was late. Way late. Therefore, the lack of a six o'clock wake-up call confirmed that she wasn't home.
 
She rolled out of bed and dragged herself to the bathroom attached to her suite, remembering where she was.
 
She the water, dropped her clothes in a pile on the floor, and stepped into the warm stream.
 
'I'm staying with an ally gang.'
 
Water started drumming against her skull.
 
'I don't know any of them.'
 
The stream poured down her shoulders and back.
 
"My brother sent me away.'
 
She pushed her hair back as water spilled down her face. Sighing, she turned off the water and stepped out of the shower. She shook out out her hair after wrapping a towel around her.
 
"What are you doing in here?"
 
"I'm-" Jimin froze and covered his eyes with his hands. "I was checking to make sure you're up!"
 
"Well I am." Minjae said evenly. "Now if you could-"
 
"I'm sorry, I'm going." The boy kept his eyes covered and miraculously made it out the door without running into anything.
 
She wiggled yesterday's jeans on, past her thighs, and plucked a black v-neck from her bag. Her shoulders popped as she pulled over her head. Deciding not to fight the losing battle with her hair, she headed for the door.
 
Jimin was waiting for her in the hallway. "Minjae I-"
 
She held up her hand, silencing him. "Just don't let it happen again."
 
He nodded and started to go downstairs with Minjae in tow.
 
"You slept through breakfast." He informed her.
 
"I'm usually up," she checked her watch. "Six hours ago."
 
"Maybe you really needed the rest." Jimin said off-handedly as they entered the kitchen.
 
Hoseok and Namjoon were there again. Or still. She didn't really know.
 
"Oh you're up." Hoseok said cheerfully.
 
"About time." Suga blew through the room, knocking Minjae in the shoulder as he past. He leaned in front of the fridge and pulled out a carton of milk.
 
"What time did you get up?" Minjae sneered.
 
"4:30." He informed her. "It's hard to get any shut-eye when your neighbor makes a lot of strange noises in her sleep."
 
"Yoongi.." Namjoon warned.
 
"I do not!" She slammed her hands down on the table so hard that Hoseok's bowl of cereal bounced.
 
"Whatever. I'll be upstairs on the monitor." Suga rolled his eyes and left, carrying the carton away. Namjoon took off after him
 
"I don't make noises in my sleep." Minjae fumed.
 
Hoseok shook his head and looked at Jimin, who avoided his gaze before dashing away as well.
 
"What's with him?"
 
Minjae shrugged and grabbed an apple from a bowl on the counter. "What are we doing today?"
 
"Training." He took her apple and bit it before handing it back to her.
 
Her face wrinkles in disgust. He was far too comfortable with her already.
 
"Are you updated on your shots?" She looked at the exposed white flesh of the fruit warily.
 
"Settle down." Hoseok rolled his eyes. "I haven't had my vaccine yet."
 
Minjae snarled as she bit down on the apple.
 
"What kind of training are we talking about here?"