1

Holding Out For A Hero

 

"Hyung this is a joke, right?" Jungkook asked, helping to carefully stow away anything that could potentially harm their guest. "Right?"
 
Namjoon, their leader despite his young age, pursed his lips silently.
 
"Having company is a strange concept." Taehyung said thoughtfully, locking the door to the artillery behind him. "I mean, we're a gang."
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Oppa this is a joke, right?"
 
"Bang Minjae, for the last time," Minsoo turned around from his place in the driver's seat. "No, this is not a joke."
 
Minjae huffed, sinking down in her seat. "Daniel, kill me."
 
"That would be against the point of going away." Her best friend chuckled.
 
"It won't be as bad as you think, noona." Changhyun tried reassuring her. Minjae pretended to believe it for his sake.
 
She felt the car start to brake and knew they were near their destination.
 
"Tell the others to behave." She eyed the two in the back seat with her. "And make sure this big idiot takes care of himself."
 
"I'm completely capable." Minsoo glared.
 
"Says the guy that spends hours on end in his office and forgets to eat." Minjae slapped his shoulder. "I don't trust you with yourself for one minute."
 
"Get out of my car." He joked, putting them in park.
 
Minjae shot puppy dog eyes at Daniel one last time. He shook his head. 
 
She sighed. "It was worth a shot."
 
She clambered out of the car and slid a pair of black shades over her eyes. "What is this?"
 
"It's pretty nice for rookies." Daniel shrugged, sizing up the condo that they were stopped at.
 
"It's still not the Manor." Minjae pouted. Changhyun placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder before handing her black messenger bag to her.
 
"CAP, good to see you." Someone emerged from the condo.
 
"Mother of god." She pushed her glasses down the bridge of her nose. "He looks like a child."
 
Daniel straightened her frames. "Behave."
 
Three others spilled out behind him, acknowledging them. One with especially chubby cheeks eased her bag from her grasp and brought it inside.
 
"How's it going, Hoseok?" Daniel crossed his arms, leaning back against the car.
 
"It's been a while." The one, presumably Hoseok, grinned. "Don't worry about anything, it's all under control."
 
Daniel nodded, watching Minjae out of the corner of his eye as she watched her brother intently.
 
Minsoo was deep in conversation with the boy that had come out of the condo first. They seemed like they were trying to joke around but Minjae wasn't buying it.
 
"If you could just-" Hoseok tried.
 
"That was his polite way of telling you to go inside." Said the palest one, bored.
 
"Suga." Hoseok warned.
 
Minjae raised her eyebrows at Changhyun, who raised his hands in resignation. Daniel gave her a light push in the right direction and she scoffed.
 
"We'll be in contact." The one talking to Minsoo said, slapping a wad of bills into his hand.
 
"What is this?" Minjae wrinkled her nose in disgust. "It's like I'm being bought."
 
"As if Namjoon would spend that much money on someone like you." Suga snorted.
 
Minjae's nostrils flared. "Excuse me but I am not cheap."
 
"Fine, free, whatever." He his heel and went into the house.
 
"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?" She stormed in after him.
 
Minsoo pinched the bridge of his nose.
 
"Have fun with that." Daniel laughed, nodding at Hoseok, who stood stunned.
 
"He can't control himself." Namjoon said apologetically.
 
"Neither can she." Minsoo said before getting back into the car. "Maybe they can learn something from each other."
 
Daniel and Changhyun did a quick visual sweep before getting in as well.
 
Minsoo put the car in drive. "And remember: she doesn't know anything."
 
"I'll keep it that way." Namjoon promised as the care drove off.