Appealing

Onward

 

“You know, you’re kind of like Casper the Friendly Ghost.”


“Seriously? You’re comparing me to a ghost?”


“Bad idea?” Minho asked. Taemin chuckled and shook his head. Lately, he and Minho had been spending more and more time together, and he really liked it. Luna and Jongin had surprisingly made a few friends of their own. Ironically, one of Luna’s friends was Minho’s cousin, Sulli. Jongin had met a large group of people he had become quite close with, and spent much of his time with them. Truthfully, Taemin was very happy for his cousins. He was glad they were being more relaxed and letting people get closer to them.


He could still remember their first few days at the school, when they clung to him. People had questioned them, and when they replied that they were family, people began to understand. They still spent a lot of time together, and talked a lot at school. Taemin got to mingle with Jongin and Luna’s friends occasionally, and they with his. It was just chaos when all three groups got together. It wouldn’t be so bad if it was just his and Luna’s. Five somewhat normal guys, and five somewhat normal girls. Not much damage done to anything.


However, bring in a group of twelve chaotic guys, and all hell broke loose. A few of each group at a time was okay. All three groups of friends together at once was just disastrous.


“Not necessarily a bad idea. Ghosts and vampires are quite different though,” Taemin said. He and Minho were currently at Minho’s house, because there was no way they could go to Taemin’s, and their conversations were just too strange and private to have in public. Supernatural beings was not a topic for public meeting places.


“Wait, so ghosts are real? Like, Paranormal Activity kind of real?! Taemin, I swear, if I get a Toby in my house, I’m going to go crazy,” Minho said.


“I think you already are,” Taemin replied with a chuckle. “And yes, ghosts are real. Paranormal Activity however, is not about ghosts. Ghosts are quite nice actually, unless you do something to piss them off. Toby, on the other hand, is a demon, which is also quite real. Demons do all those hauntings sometimes for fun. If its a ghost that’s haunting, it's because it’s been upset by something.”


“So you’re telling me that demon’s haunt people for fun?”


“Sometimes, yes. Most of the time though, it’s because they want something. Either a girl, a boy, a life, or whatever they want, or have been promised. Speaking of which, don’t play with a weegee board. You think you’re talking to a ghost, but it’s usually a demon, and once you’ve called them, they aren’t going back.”


“Well I’m officially terrified.”


“Have you played with a weegee board?”


“No, never planned to either. Its just the fact that they exist that scares me,” Minho admitted.


“You do know that I, as a vampire, am pretty much considered a type of demon, right?” Taemin asked. He didn’t want Minho to fear him, but he had to admit it. Vampires were considered demons. Maybe not the same, but similar. They didn’t take over a person’s body–well, not all of them. He was an exception–and they didn’t go around terrorizing families or mindlessly killing. Vampires tried to keep their victims alive. They took enough blood and hid in the shadows so that their victims wouldn’t realize what had happened to them. They even closed the wounds when they were done.


“Yes, but you are friendly. I know that you weren’t hurt me or take over my body and dislocate my limbs,” Minho said.


“I could, if I wanted to.”


“But you won’t. You couldn’t.” Minho really didn’t want to think of the possibility of Taemin taking over his body. He knew he could, and Minho even offered up his body for practice, but Taemin was too nice to do that. He didn’t have the heart to do it. Maybe it was best like this though. With Taemin like this, what did he really have to worry about? He didn’t have to be afraid to turn his back to Taemin. He didn’t feel like he had to constantly watch the boy to make sure he didn’t do anything to hurt anyone.


Ever since Taemin had told him of the possibility, Minho had been wondering about what it would be like to become a vampire. He couldn’t help but feel like there was something about this bonding ritual that Taemin wasn’t telling him, but he didn’t think much of it. If Taemin was hiding something from him, it was probably for his own good. Taemin no doubt had many more secrets, but Minho wasn’t going to push him to tell. He learned his lesson after nearly being flattened by Taesun. He would wait for Taemin to tell him instead of snooping around.


Speaking of Taesun, classes with him were increasingly awkward. Not only was the man his history teacher, but also his homeroom teacher. He saw Taesun twice a day, and though the man was trying to be discreet, Minho never failed to see his glares. That, and Taesun was no doubt trying to make things much more difficult for him. The man always called on him to answer when he knew Minho didn’t know the answer. Only when he knew. Not only that, but once in awhile he’d feel a little extra weight on him. Taemin never seemed to notice, but when he did, he must have done something, because Taesun would switch his gaze to Taemin.


Taemin was much more difficult to terrorize though, because Taemin was incredibly smart. If Taesun asked a question, Taemin wouldn’t hesitate to answer. If Taemin was using his abilities on Taemin, Taemin gave no sign of it. His face remained calm the entire time.


“Hey Taemin?”


“Yes?”


“Why don’t you have fangs? Don’t vampires have fangs?”


“We do,” Taemin said, “but only when we need them, or if our thirst becomes too much.”


“So, you can just pull them out whenever you want?” Minho asked.


“Basically, yes.” To prove it, Taemin turned to Minho, opening his mouth and letting his fangs grown out, before pulling them back in. Minho laughed, like a child in awe of anything and everything it saw. Minho asked him to do it again, and he did, if anything just to hear that thunderous laugh. Taemin chuckled at Minho’s childness. It was heartwarming, to say the least. He liked this side of Minho, compared to the always quiet one. But he liked both sides equally.


They did homework together and played games. Taemin got to see Minho’s competitive side, though not much. Taemin was terrible at these video games, only because he had never played them before. Minho had promised to teach him, but it ended in Minho forgetting that he was supposed to be teaching Taemin how to play, and going all out to win the game Taemin really had no chance in winning. To top it all off, Taemin didn’t know the first thing about soccer, and that was what he was playing, virtually.


Minho was switching swiftly from character to character. Taemin, finally, was able to somehow get the ball. He cheered, trying his best to keep the ball away from Minho’s players and running towards the goal. He aimed to shoot, and kicked the ball, but Minho’s goalie had stopped the ball before it got in, and through it back into the field, starting the game up again. Taemin pouted, letting the controller fall to the ground and crossed his arms.


“No fair! It should have went in!”


“Aw, is Taeminnie a sore loser?”


Taemin flushed at the nickname and sputtered a bit, before pouting again, cheeks pink and turned away from Minho.


“I’m not a sore loser. This game is just rigged.”


“How do you rig a video game?”

“I don’t know. I was hoping you would.”


Minho laughed again, pulling Taemin close to him, hugging the boy to his chest. “So cute,” he said. Taemin was still pouting in his arms, trying to get away, but Minho wasn’t having it. He moved his hands to Taemin’s sides, before wiggling his fingers over his sides and stomach, tickling Taemin. The boy thrashed around, laughing hysterically and begging him to stop, but Minho wouldn’t. He was having too much fun. It was a nice change from Taemin’s quiet laugh, listening to his loud laughter like this. He really liked the sound of it.


“H-Hyung! S-Stop!”


“No way. This is too fun,” he replied. He continued for a few minutes before finally stopping, giving Taemin time to catch his breath. His cheeks were now red and his breathing deep, chest heaving to get more air in his lungs. He hadn’t even noticed when their positions changed, and he froze when he did.


He was over Taemin, between his legs and hands on his waist. Their faces were so close, Minho could feel Taemin’s breath fanning over his skin. Taemin had calmed down and noticed too, because his eyes were wide, but he was still trying to catch his breath. He didn’t know why, maybe it was the sight of Taemin’s flushed cheeks, or his plump pink lips so close to his, but he felt himself move closer. He was curious. He wanted to know what those lips felt like, what they tasted like.


“H-Hyung?” Taemin asked.


“Minho?”


That is not Taemin’s voice, Minho thought.


 

Minho sat quietly at the table, Taemin beside him and his parents watching them so closely. He hadn’t expected his parents to be home so early. Under normal circumstances, he wouldn’t have minded, and would have happily introduced Taemin as a friend to his parents. These however, were no normal circumstances. Not by a long shot. It wasn’t even the fact that Taemin was a vampire that made it so unusual. It was the fact that his mother had seen them in such a compromising position.


“Mind explaining who this is and what you two were doing?” his father asked. Minho gulped and looked at his father, who didn’t seem the least bit pleased.


“This is Taemin, my friend. He’s new at school. We were just playing a few games, and we fell and ended up like that. We weren’t doing anything bad,” he explained.


“What kind of games?” his father asked. He really didn’t like that tone. His parents were homophobic, per say, but they weren’t exactly for it either. They were indifferent to it, and as long as their son wasn’t gay, they really had no problem. However, after seeing the position he and Taemin were in, he didn’t really doubt that they were currently thinking that he was gay, and that Taemin was more than just a friend.


“Games, appa; video games. I ended up tickling him and we ended up like that by accident. We weren’t doing anything wrong,” Minho said. It was really pissing him off that his father was make such a big deal out of this. It wasn’t like he felt any romantic feelings towards Taemin. He admit, the boy was very pretty, and very nice. He felt lighter around Taemin. However, that did not mean he had feelings past friendship for him.


Minho didn’t care what his uality was, he really didn’t. He couldn’t care less about whether he fell in love with a girl or a boy. However, his father’s pressuring was annoying. He didn’t love Taemin. He had only known him for about a month now. How could just fall in love with him in that short of a time span. His mother was nicer about it. Although he didn’t want him to be gay, she wouldn’t be opposed to it so long was he was happy with his choice.


“Honestly Minho, if there’s something you want to tell us, then please do so,” his father said. Minho clenched his fists, ready to stand up and just burst.


“I-If I may say something,” Taemin said beside him. Everyone’s attention was turned to him Taemin seemed to shrink back.


“Yes?” his mother asked, trying to sound as nice as possible seeing how uncomfortable Taemin was.


“I understand your concern, but Minho hyung is telling the truth. We really are just friends. He is my first friend, and he’s been very nice to me and has taken care of me,” Taemin said. He felt bad being the reason Minho and his father were arguing like this. Minho felt a pang in his chest at the mention of them just being friends, but he thought nothing of it. They were just friends, Taemin had said nothing wrong.


“First friend?” his father asked.


“Yes. I’ve been homeschooled my entire life,” Taemin replied.


“But, weren’t you allowed to go out?” his mother asked.


Taemin was at a loss. He didn’t know how to answer. He hadn’t thought of a valid enough reason for it. Luckily, Minho was there to help him.


“He was very sickly, still sort of is, and his parents are very overprotective. He wasn’t allowed out much so he wouldn’t get too sick. His parents only let him now because he managed to convince them and they wanted him to have at least some experience around people,” Minho said. His parents seemed to calm down a bit after that, especially his father, which he was thankful for.


After a few more questions, his father finally gave up on questioning them. He seemed to believe everything, and his mother didn’t mind. Surprisingly, after everything, they seemed to get along with Taemin quite well, his mother more so than his father. He could tell his father was still a bit on edge about the whole thing, but Minho wasn’t going to let it get to him. His father could think whatever he wanted, he didn’t are. For a moment, he thought of Taemin’s abilities, and wished the boy could put the thought in his father’s mind that to guys being together was okay, even if one of those guys was his own son.


They had eaten dinner and now they sat in the living room, talking. His father had excused himself to go work in his study but his mother still seemed curious about Taemin, though not in a bad way. His mother left them to clean the kitchen, giving them space to talk, although not about anything they normally would. With his mother in earshot, he didn’t trust having an open conversation about supernatural things. Taemin could keep telling him about all that stuff another day.


Considering there was really nothing left for them to talk about, because they were really limited on topics, and it was getting late, Minho had decided it was best that Taemin went home. He wanted to walk Taemin home, but he knew Taemin wouldn’t allow it. He couldn’t exactly explain that to his mother though, who had ordered him to go. They just walked together until Taemin said it was far enough and left him, but not before giving him a shy smile and thanking him.


He walked around a bit, not really wanting to go home just yet. Thoughts were just rushing all around his mind, and he didn’t think he’d be able to think well enough at home. Not where his father was still suspicious of him. He honestly didn’t care what his father had to say about his ual orientation. If he was gay, then that was that. His father had no say in it whatsoever.


He was of course, afraid of what his father would do if he was gay. He didn’t think he was, though he had never really thought about it. He had never thought a guy was attractive until he saw Taemin. He admit, a few were good looking, but he was never attracted to them. Not the same way he felt attracted to Taemin.


He didn’t understand what it was about Taemin that made his heart do flips. He didn’t think he was in love. Maybe a crush, yes, but a little crush never meant much, right? It never led to anything big. A few good moments, at most, but what then? He hadn’t know Taemin long enough to say he loved him, let alone say he liked him as anything more than a friend.


He wasn’t even sure if Taemin knew what these kinds of feelings were. He knew the boy wasn’t heartless despite his non beating heart, but Taemin had been isolated for so long. He didn’t know if the boy understood what it felt like to be in love. Minho himself wasn’t exactly sure what it felt like, how could he expect Taemin to know?


And then he felt himself thinking more and more about the ritual, and bonding. He was curious about what it felt like. He wanted to know more about it. A part of him even wanted to experience it.


But could he do that? Taemin said it was something between lovers. They weren’t lovers, and Minho wasn’t sure if they ever would be. On top of that, did he even want to be a vampire? He was curious about what it would be like, yes, but would he be able to make that huge change? To change into creature considered to be a demon by most?


What if he wouldn’t be able to control himself around people the way Taemin could? What if he never got abilities, and was defenseless against an attack. What then? What was he supposed to do then?


But even with all these doubts, he couldn’t deny that the idea of it all appealed to him. The risks seemed almost worth it. But maybe he was just crazy, like Taemin had said. Maybe he just wasn’t right in the head. If he was, he wouldn’t be so confused about whether he liked a guy or not, and he wouldn’t be thinking of such ridiculous thoughts such as bonding with Taemin.


They were ridiculous.


But appealing.


I updated as soon as I could! 

So, now that I've gotten this over with, I'm done. I don't want to make this Author's Note too long.

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed the fluffy chapter to make up for the depressing oneshot I posted earlier today!

PLEASE COMMENT and tell me what you think! Please don't be a silent reader. I like to know that you are there!

Comments make me happy!!!

Bye bye~