Dependence

Onward

 

“So, he’s found himself someone he likes, has he?”

 

“This is unacceptable and you know that. He can’t be with that creature.”

 

“Why not? I think they look kind of cute together.”

 

“You know very well why not. That thing beside him is nothing but problems. His family may not care but, but you know the other’s will. The poor boy will only be used in the end, like a toy.”

 

“You don’t know that. Things have changed. I’m sure it’ll be fine for them to be together.”

 

One man hit the other, earning a groan from his partner. They hid themselves further in the shadows.

 

“It will not. You know very well how they are treated by those creatures. They may be similar in species but that one’s family is not as modernized as the rest. They won’t be happy about this arrangement.”

 

“So what do you suggest we do?”

 

“We watch. At the moment, that is all we can do, and if at some point things become too much, we intervene. However, for now, we will simply observe them. They will be the ones to finally change things.”

 

“If you say so.”

 


 

 

Minho held Taemin close to him in a clearing they had found together, where they could be alone. So far, the only ones that knew about them were Jongin, Luna, Key, Jonghyun, and Onew. Taemin was afraid to tell Taesun, because he knew Taesun would pressure him to change Minho, and he didn’t want that. When and if it ever came to that, he wanted it to be because Minho truly wanted to make the change, not because they had to.

 

They just wanted to be away from everyone; the talking and socializing. They just wanted to be alone, in each other’s embrace, because they never knew what could happen that would break them apart. They just wanted to breathe, taken in the feeling of the other against them since they had to hide it during school or when they were in public. They had nowhere to go since it was too risky being in Minho’s house in case his parents showed up, and Taemin’s parents couldn’t know about it. It would be too troublesome.

 

Taemin rested between Minho’s legs, his back against Minho’s chest and his head on his shoulder. One of Minho’s arms was wrapped around his waist while the other hand was on his head, fingers running through his hair. Taemin loved being like this, feeling Minho’s steady heartbeat and warmth, two things he lacked. He wished he could have those things, through away everything about himself that wasn’t normal and just live peacefully with Minho, grow old together.

 

He wished that was possible for him, but it wasn’t. One day, Minho would die, and Taemin would live on without the one he loves. Minho knew this too, but he didn’t want to think about it. It was too depressing to think about. He had decided he would only live in the moment, without thinking of the future, and he would stick by that. Now, he would take the chance to learn everything about Taemin and his kind that he could.

 

Taemin loved answering Minho’s questions, and asked a few of his own, since he was still learning of how to live in their society.

 

“Is there some kind of vampire hierarchy?” Minho asked.

 

“Not exactly. There is no king, or council, or anything like that. It’s more like clans. There are many clans, but there are a main two: the Acerbus Clan and the Aduro Clan. They are the two oldest, but no one really pays attention to groups anymore. It’s kind of a free for all kind of thing. As long was we stick to the rules we have set up, we are free to do whatever we want,” Taemin said.

 

“So it has nothing to do with having pureblood or most powerful or anything like that?”

 

“Not at all. I am a pureblood, but that doesn’t make me a prince or anything. I have as much say in family decisions as an ant. My grandfather is the current head of our family clan. Once he dies, it will be my uncle, Jongin’s father, and then Taesun hyung, since he is the eldest of our generation. Unless of course, something happens to uncle, then it goes to appa. Of course, the only way for grandfather to die would be if someone killed him, so its not like thats going to be happening anytime soon. He’s been the head of the family for hundreds of years, maybe a thousand.”

 

It was kind of like taking over a family business to Minho. He wondered what someone could possibly do in a thousand years, but who knows? Time periods bring change so there was probably a whole bunch of stuff to do.

 

“So, why would your parents go crazy if they saw us together?” Minho asked.

 

“Because you are a human. Although it isn’t unheard of, it isn’t exactly common for a vampire to be with a human, much less unchanged. On top of that, my parents are quite protective, and will much prefer I be with another vampire, whether it is male or female, I don’t think they care. I actually think they’d prefer I be with a male, as strange as that sounds. They’d want someone to protect me,” Taemin explained.

 

“I could protect you,” Minho said.

 

“I know you could hyung, but as it is right now, I am stronger than you, if I so choose to use my abilities. If I were to use my abilities to the fullest extent, I could easily take out a large group of people at once.”

 

Minho didn’t like the idea of Taemin hurting anyone. It just didn’t seem possible, but at the same time, necessary if Taemin ever got into trouble. It was scary to think that Taemin could stop his heart or twist his arm without so much as blinking. Sometimes the thought sounded cool, that his boyfriend was so powerful, but other times it just terrified him. He’d make sure to always stay on Taemin’s good side.

 

“What are we going to do if our families find out. Your parents will be pissed and mine would never allow this. They’d do anything to tear us apart,” Taemin said.

 

“I’d rather not think about it right now Taemin. When the time come, we’ll deal with it, but right now, I just want to be here, like this. At this point, I can’t imagine not having you here,” Minho replied.

 

Taemin hummed and leaned further against him. When the time came, it would probably be too late, but he didn’t want to tell Minho that. Not when they were so happy like this.

 

“Can you tell me more?” Minho asked. “About all of this stuff?”

 

“Well, there are many different types of creatures: demons, angels, fairies. All of those creatures you once thought fake, are real, just different that as you expected them.”

 

“How so?”

 

“Demons aren’t all gruesome. Somewhat sadistic, yes, but not all bad. After all, vampires branch off of demons. However, a demon is much more powerful, their strength far greater than a vampire’s, in all aspects. Angels are kind, though you can pass by a mischievous one once in awhile. Angels and Demons don’t always fight. Although it isn’t common for them to be seen together, as I said, there are a few kind demons, and a few fun loving angels. Sometimes they manage to meet up,” Taemin said.

 

Minho wasn’t sure why this interested him so much, but it did, especially the Angels and Demons. It was always so different then he had imagined. Taemin said he had met a few angels, who weren’t as nice as they seemed, and demons who were nicer than the angels. He had told him how long ago, demons disliked vampires, because they were seen as useless creatures. As a result, many vampires were used and later thrown away. Vampires didn’t care so much, since that was hundreds of years ago, and demons have changed some of their ways, but there were a few demons left that still disliked vampires, and saw them as worthless creatures.

 

Minho was terrified of ever seeing a demon. From what Taemin had told him–and what he had seen in movies–demons were somewhat–in Taemin’s opinion–sadistic, and extremely powerful. Against a demon, Taemin stood a bit of a chance, but in the end, it was the demon that would most likely win. Demons already had the ability of speed and strength, as well as whatever other ability they had. Most were able to manipulate objects, which it was it is characteristic in a haunting for various objects to move at once. They liked to torture their prey a bit, drive them to the point of insanity before taking them.

 

It was weird knowing Taemin’s species branched off of that, but he knew Taemin was in no way sadistic. Taemin pitied the animals he fed off of. If that was considered sadistic, Minho wouldn’t know what to believe anymore.

 

Taemin tilted his head up and to the side to look at Minho, who still seemed deep in thought. He smiled, leaning up and kissing Minho’s cheek, surprising the older boy. He chuckled at Minho’s confused expression, before he leaned up and kissed his cheek again. This time, Minho smiled at him, leaning down and giving his forehead a kiss.

 

“Mind explaining the surprise attack?” Minho asked. Taemin gave him a shy smile.

 

“I’m just happy.”

 

“I wonder what you’re like when you’re excited then.”

 

Taemin laughed, nuzzling his face into Minho’s neck. He gave a content sigh, resting his hands over Minho’s that was still on his flat stomach. Minho rested his head on his, snuggling into his fluffy hair. When Minho felt Taemin sniffing him, he chuckled, thinking of how cute Taemin was. It wasn’t until he felt a pair of lips on his neck that he lifted his head.

“Taemin?” Taemin was looking back at him, red eyes glowing behind the brown contacts. Minho could see his fangs come out for Taemin’s slightly parted lips and gasped. He didn’t think Taemin would ever try that, but then again, it didn’t seem like this Taemin had much control. “Taemin, snap out of it.”

 

“S-Sorry... I haven’t had much blood in a while. I need to go hunt,” Taemin said. He got and moved around, sniffing the air before moving in that direction. Minho was going to follow, but he really didn’t want to see Taemin biting some random animal in the forest they were in.

 

He waited a few minutes until he finally heard some rustling behind him. He turned, seeing Taemin walking towards him, eyes no longer a bright red, fangs gone, and with a bit of blood on the edge of his lip. Minho chuckled and wiped it away. Taemin flushed, looking anywhere but Minho.

 

“S-Sorry,” he said.

 

“What for?” Minho asked.

“I almost bit you,” Taemin replied. Minho sighed and pulled Taemin to down to him, placing him on his lap, facing him so their chests were touching.

 

“You know I wouldn’t have a problem with that.”

 

“But I would. I don’t want to hurt you.”

 

“You won’t. I trust you to be gentle.”

 

Taemin shook his head, resting his head against Minho’s shoulder. Minho sighed, running his fingers through Taemin’s hair. He knew Taemin was scared to hurt him, but he wanted Taemin to be a bit more dependent on him, and least just a little bit. As it was right now, Taemin didn’t really need him for anything.

 

Please Taemin. I want you to need me for something, anything,” Minho said.

 

“I don’t want to need you as food. I already need you as you are, here, with me. I need you by my side hyung. That’s all I need.”

 

“And I’m happy you feel that way, but I want to be there for you more. Please let me Taemin. I can’t rest knowing you’re feeding off of animals when you could be feeding off of me.”

 

“Why are you so insistent with this?” Taemin asked. “Why can’t you just leave things the way they are?”

 

“If I did that, we wouldn’t be the way we are now. We’d still be confused and ignoring our feelings. If I wasn’t so persistent, I would’ve never found out what you really are. I don’t regret any of my persistence either, and I know I won’t regret this. Just once. Try it once, and if you don’t like it, I won’t ask you to do it again,” Minho said.

 

Taemin sighed, giving in. “If it hurts, don’t say I didn’t warn you.” Minho nodded and watched as Taemin’s eyes flashed red again, his fangs coming back out. He nuzzled the area between his neck and shoulder. Minho gasped when he felt a soft tongue run along his skin before Taemin’s fangs grazed his skin, finally piercing it. There was a slight sting, but nothing too bad. He guessed Taemin was being as gentle as possible.

 

After the initial pain of being punctured, there wasn’t much pain after that. Minho couldn’t really describe the sensation, but it definitely wasn’t pain, nor was it pleasure. It felt good, but not arousing. The only arousing part of this was Taemin’s position on his lap, but nothing more after that.

 

A few more and Taemin detached himself from Minho, making sure not to take too much blood. He had already fed on a deer a while ago, so he wasn’t too thirsty anyway. It was just that Minho tasted so good, better than the human he had tasted years ago. Maybe it was just his feelings for Minho that made him feel that way, because he was sure humans mostly tasted the same, depending on their health.

 

He the wound, watching it heal itself with no scar left, so that no one would question the wound.

 

“See? It didn’t hurt,” Minho said.

 

“You taste good,” Taemin replied. Minho blushed, because although the words were meant in an innocent enough sense, they had a dirty side to them.

 

“T-Thanks, though I’m curious, what do I taste like? I mean, you did say blood tasted the same to you as it would to me, just that our taste buds are different,” Minho said.

 

“I don’t know. Normally humans all taste the same, but you don’t taste like the human I tasted before. You taste... It’s hard to describe. Not exactly sweet, but you’re not bitter either.”

 

‘So I’m sweet and sour?” Minho laughed at the idea. It was weird, hearing your blood was like sweet and sour sauce, but nonetheless amusing. He hugged Taemin closer to him, arms around his waist. Taemin’s arms were around his neck, head once again resting on his shoulder. “Does this mean you’ll keep feeding off of me?”

 

“Would it make you happy if I did?” Taemin asked. Minho nodded and Taemin sighed again. “There’s really no arguing with you, is there?”

 

“I’m too stubborn for my own good, so you’ll have to get used to it.”

 

“What if I can’t?”

 

Minho tightened his grip on Taemin. “Then you’re screwed, because you’ll be dealing with it for the rest of our lives.”

 

Taemin lifted his head, leaning forward and kissing Minho’s lips this time. Minho responded immediately, quickly dominating the kiss and Taemin’s bottom lip, asking for permission inside with Taemin hesitantly gives him.

 

It was their first time going anything past their usual soft kisses, and Minho loved it. He loved the feeling of kissing Taemin like this, letting his tongue roam around Taemin’s mouth freely, memorizing every inch of it. He coaxed Taemin’s tongue to life, and they were entangled in a dance they had never done before, just following their instincts and going with the flow.

 

Minho pulled back, panting lightly, Taemin doing the same. He hadn’t noticed when Taemin’s hands had moved to his hair, lightly tugging on the strands, but it felt good, and he liked it.

 

“Hyung?”

 

“Yes Taemin?”

 

“Why can’t we just stay like this forever?”

 

Why indeed. Minho wanted an answer to that question too. He wished they could just stay like this and not have to deal with the problems and stress around them. Everything would be so much better if they could just stay in this moment forever.

 

“Because we need to keep moving forward Taemin.”

 

“What if what’s ahead isn’t something we want?”


“Then we’ll deal with it when it comes.”

 


 

 

“What do we do if they are together?” a woman asked.

 

“Rip them apart, such a pair is a disgrace,” the man said.

 

“He doesn’t know that though.”

 

“He will though. Soon, he will know his mistake, and he’ll fix it.”

 

“Why him anyway? I don’t care who he chooses, but he had to choose that?

 

“He’s naïve, a fool. He will snap out of this idiocy sooner or later.”

 

“And if he doesn’t?”

 

“We make him snap out of it. Such a pair cannot continue.”

 

“How do you think he’ll react when he finds out?”

 

“He won’t be happy, but I couldn't care less. He’ll get over it, and he’ll see that we were right all along.”

 

The woman sighed and the man hugged her, rubbing her back soothingly.

 

“This won’t last long. Soon, they will be separated, and that thing will be away from all of us.”

 

“I hope we are going the right thing.”

 

“Of course. I am protecting our child from that creature. The sooner he realizes how stupid this is, the better. They won’t last too long. You’ll see. He’ll realize his mistake and he’ll thank us in the future.”

 

“I hope you’re right.”


I apologize for not being able to update in a while. Only one day of school last week and I already feel stressed, plus my dad is back at the hospital which I'm going to after I post this and I was at a concert yesterday. 

So, I'm just going to end this now, because I need to get ready.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Please COMMENT and tell me what you think!

Bye bye~