Wings

Onward

Taemin bristled. He could feel the presence of others, unknown people, and he didn’t like it. He knew what they were too.

 

He just didn’t know why Demons would be here in the first place.

 

They weren’t moving though, so he wouldn’t bother with them. Right now, he just wanted to focus on Minho. He had fallen asleep again, his fever, if it could even be called that anymore, dropped a bit, but he was groaning, a sure sign that he was still in pain. He felt awful that all he could do was wipe the sweat off of him and hold him. He felt so useless, being unable to do anything for his lover.

 

“You could help him you know?”

 

Taemin turned, eyes narrowing and shining a bright red through the contacts as he stared at the demons in front of him. They were close in height, wearing average clothes. Had Taemin not already known from his senses he would’ve guessed they were regular humans. However, they weren’t, and at the moment, anything that got close to he and Minho were a threat.

 

“Who are you and what the hell do you want?” he hissed at them. His fangs were out, sharp as ever as he prepared himself.

 

“Woah, calm down there,” the taller one said. “See hyung, I told you he’d get pissed if we got too close right now.”

 

“Yeah well, we need to do something,” the shorter, apparently older, replied. “Listen kid, we just want to help. You can’t do this alone.”

 

“I don’t know you,” Taemin said. “Why should I trust you?”

 

“Because we know exactly what is happening to your boyfriend there,” the younger one said. “My name is Changmin, and this here is Yunho. We are demons, and your boyfriend isn’t human.”

 

“W-What?” Taemin asked. He turned to look straight at Minho, who was still unconscious. This whole time, he thought Minho was human. He didn’t sense anything different about Minho, and he knew for a fact the elder himself had no idea of what he was.

 

“We’ll explain everything later,” Yunho said. “Right now though, we need to go. This place isn’t big enough.”

 

“Big enough? Big enough for what?”

 

“You’ll see...”

 

So Taemin obeyed, because he didn’t have any other options. Right now, he had to think about Minho’s well being, and these two clearly knew more than he did. If he didn’t listen to them, Minho could end up hurt and he couldn’t allow that. He promised himself that he would keep Minho safe at all costs, and that was what he intended to do. Minho needed their help right now.

 

So he followed them, not exactly to hell, but somewhere like it. Another realm, where all types of creatures lived: from angels, to fairies, to goblins, and demons. All kinds of creatures lived there, all in their own area so that there would be less fighting. Taemin had only been there a few times, because his parents preferred being in the regular human society, and wanted to raise him in a more quiet environment, unlike this realm which was always busy and loud. Something was always happening there, and it wasn’t always something good.

 

No one paid them much attention, as if a demon carrying a human was no surprise, but Taemin had to remind himself that Minho was apparently not human, and that these people were much more used to these things. Not to mention that many of the creatures here, he had never met. He had no idea how to sense them, or how their sense differed from a human’s. Minho was probably one of those creatures he had never met before, to know what it felt like to be around them.

 

They kept walking, Minho on Yunho’s back since Taemin could not carry him, and didn’t want to use his abilities to force Minho to walk when he knew it would only bring his love pain. All he could do at the moment was follow their lead. From behind them, he sent a message to Taesun, knowing that his brother would probably freak out, but it was better than his brother panicking and not knowing where he was. It would reduce his brother’s anger and worry, even if just a bit.

 

They walked for a while before they came to a large clearing away from the inhabitants. It was an empty field, with barely any plant life, mostly just dry dirt. Taemin had never been to these parts, so he was confused as to why they had to go so far, but judging by the space, he assumed that whatever Minho was going through would require a lot of room. Even so, he put the thought in the back of his mind and watched as Yunho lowered Minho onto the dirt and, face down with his head turned to the side to ease the pain in his back. Taemin massaged lightly, smiling when Minho sighed.

 

“Be careful where you apply pressure,” Changmin said. “His back is the most sensitive right now.”

 

“Which is why I’m massaging it,” Taemin replied. He continued as he was, gently massaging Minho back to try and alleviate some of the pain. He couldn’t tell exactly where Minho was hurt, but he knew it was somewhere back there. “Can you tell me now, what he will be?”

 

“We can, but no, we won’t,” Yunho replied. Taemin glared at him, frustrated that he couldn’t know what his boyfriend was going to become, but he didn’t say anything more. Instead, he focused all of his attention on Minho now. He knew that his abilities wouldn’t hurt Minho now, so he focused them on feeling Minho’s heartbeat. It was a sweet sound to him, and he smiled to himself as he located all of the tense muscles in Minho’s back, working quickly but gently to massage them. At the moment, it was all he could do.

 

“Sorry about Yunho,” Changmin said to him. Yunho had left, saying that he was going to get some supplies and food for them. Changmin had scooted closer, looking between him and Minho. “He’s not in the best of moods. We’re honestly not even supposed to be doing this. We were just told to watch over the two of you, and we’ve kind of gone against our orders.”

 

“Who told you to watch us, and why?” Taemin asked.

 

“I can’t say who, but I can say that its not for a good reason. Yunho and I aren’t bad, but we haven’t done much good either. Just know that from now on, we are on your side. I know it sounds weird now, but believe me. We want to help you guys. We are tired of everyone being against vampires. We have a lot of vampire friends,” Changmin replied. He stared down at Minho, watching the younger stir as two bumps seemed moved under the skin of his back. “Did you see that?”

 

Taemin nodded, looking frightened of what could possibly be in his boyfriend.

 

“Don’t be scared. All I can tell you, is that he will have wings, and he’ll be strong. Just like you, he’s a pureblood, and unlike with vampires, with his species, purebloods are stronger.”

 

Minho stirred again, a hand moving to Taemin’s thigh. Taemin moved closer, so that he could gently lift Minho’s head and put it on his lap. Minho sighed in content, and Taemin chucked a bit.

 

“Feeling better now?” Taemin asked. Minho nodded and turned his head, looking around.

 

“Where are we?” he asked. By now, Yunho was back, and Minho stared at the two men on either side of Taemin, biting back the jealousy because now wasn’t the time for that. Right now, the pain in his back was almost excruciating, and it would have been completely unbearable if it weren’t for Taemin’s soft hands. “And who are they?”

 

“We’re in a different realm, where all kinds of different creatures live. This is where we all come from. And they are Yunho and Changmin,” Taemin said, gesturing to each on respectively. “They are demons who plan on helping us, though why exactly, I have no idea. All I know is, you aren’t human, at all.” Changmin nodded at him, a smile on his face as he did so, and Yunho coughed a bit.

 

“We don’t mean to be so secretive, but it would be best if we save the explanations for later. Right now, we need to focus on your change. After this, it won’t hurt, but the first change is always the most painful,” Yunho explained. He handed Minho a piece of bread from the basket he had brought back. “Sit up so that you can eat something. You’ll need all the energy you can get right now.”

 

Minho nodded, still in shock from finding out that he wasn’t human. If he wasn’t, that meant his parents weren’t either, and there was no way that they wouldn’t know. If they some kind of creature, that must mean they also knew that Taemin wasn’t human. The thought scared him more than he thought it would. It could be why his parents seemed to have a clear dislike for Taemin, but it didn’t answer much. Was he a demon? Was that why his parents’ didn’t like Taemin?

 

He leaned against Taemin to keep him steady, allowing the younger feed him. He felt sore all over, so much so that it even hurt to lift his arms. He allowed Taemin to baby him just this once, and couldn’t stop himself from thinking that this was painful to his pride as a man, the man in this relationship. Taemin must have guessed what he was thinking, because he chuckled.

 

“We should do this more often,” Taemin joked. Minho scoffed and ignored the comment, biting into the loaf of bread and cheese that was offered to him. He tried to ignore the pain in his back as much as he could, but it felt like he was being stabbed from the inside out, and it wasn’t a nice feeling.

 

“So, can anyone explain to me why my back feels like hell right now?” Minho asked.

 

“Oh, if you’re back was hell, it’d feel a lot worse than it does now, just saying,” Changmin replied. Taemin chuckled again and Minho threw him a glare. Yunho reached over behind Taemin to smack the back of Changmin’s head, not even batting an eyelash or looking at the other as he did so. “Ow! Damn, hyung, that hurt! I was just being honest. Anyway, they pain is your back is your wings growing. They’ll kind of be ripping through you flesh when they are ready.”

 

Minho gulped and Taemin stared at him with wide eyes? “Kind of?”

 

“Well, no, they will pretty much rip open your back and come out. Don’t worry though, it won’t kill you. It happens to every with wings, except the fairies and angels, and whoever is actually born as their respective creature, unlike you who was raised as a human, and demons. Sadly, hell creatures get the worst treatment. Angels and fairies grow their wings since birth. Demons’ and other creatures’ wings just pop out one day, unexpected,” Changmin explained.

 

“Basically, its going to hurt, a lot. Even if Taemin here were to temporarily shut down the part of your brain that allows you to feel pain, you’d still feel it. It’s that bad,” Yunho added. Taemin held him tighter after that, clearly just as afraid as he was. He didn’t know they people, these demons, and they were suddenly just telling him he was about to get his back ripped open by a pair of wings he never knew he could possess. He suddenly wished he was dreaming.

 

“And what about his fever?” Taemin asked.

 

“I guess you can say that was a result of his abilities awakening. He won’t get them until he is fully changed into his respective creature, which will consequentially happen after he gets his wings. Those are only the beginning. Minho’s about to get a full makeover,” Changmin said, laughing to himself. Minho didn’t find this as humorous though. He was terrified about what was to come.

 

“When will I change?” he asked.

 

“You’ll know when you feel an intense heat again.”

 

 


 

 

Taesun was fuming, exiting his classroom in a rush and leaving his students there. He rushed to the classes he knew Jongin and Luna would be in, and excused them. He had felt his phone vibrate in his pocket earlier, but he was in a lesson, and wasn’t able to look at it. As soon as he gave his students and assignment to work on and sat at his desk, he checked his phone, finding Taemin’s message. He tried calling his brother, but the boy never answered the phone.

 

Now, he was pissed off and he had to get his brother before something bad happened. All Taemin had said was that they were in the creature’s realm, and that Minho was with him. He didn’t say anything else, and Taesun was left to think of all of the possibilities as to why his brother was there in the first place.

 

“Hyung, where are we going?” Jongin asked. He was curious as to what could have angered Taesun so much, since the other was usually so calm and collected.

 

“Taemin and Minho aren’t here,” Taesun replied.

 

“They could just be skipping you know. What’s the problem?” Luna asked.

 

“No, they aren’t here. They’re in the hell’s realm. Do you know how dangerous that is, more so for Minho since he is human. If people see them together their, everything they’ve worked for is done,” Taesun explained.

 

Jongin was confused. Taemin wasn’t stupid enough to take Minho there unless it was for something really important. Taemin knew better than that. Something about Minho had always seemed off to him, but he couldn’t quite put a finger on it. If he was right, then there was a legitimate reason for Taemin taking Minho there of all places.

 

“So are we going there?” Luna asked.

 

“Of course. We have to get him back before our parents find out. And when I find him, I’m going to knock some sense into him,” Taesun worned. Jongin prayed for Taemin’s safety. He just hoped that his reason was enough to get him out of Taesun’s grasp.

 

“So he’s finally in hell’s realm?” they heard. Taesun turned, eyes widening at who he saw.

 

“Onew, Jonghyun, Key,” Jongin called. “What are you doing here?”

 

“What we’ve been doing this whole time? We’re watching over Minho, just as we always have,” Onew replied. Jonghyun and Key moved forward, and the rest stepped away. Taesun’s eyes narrowed into a glare as he caught their scent.

 

“You’re demons,” he said. Jongin and Luna looked between him and their friends with wide eyes. “You’ve hid your presence well.”

 

“We know a good witch,” Kibum replied. “That’s not what’s important though. We need to get to Minho and Taemin, they’re in trouble.”

 

Jongin growled lowly, glaring at them and showing off his fangs. “What do you mean they’re in trouble?”

 

“Easy there buddy, we aren’t the threat. We’ve been watching over Minho since we found out about his parents,” Jonghyun said, gesturing with his hands for Jongin to calm down and let them continue explaining. “Minho isn’t a demon, but he isn’t human either. His parents seem nice, but they’re ruthless, and will stop at nothing to get their way. Minho has been raised as a human, but that was their plain. They don’t want Minho to be tamed when he awakens.”

 

“What is he? A goblin? A fairy? A griffin?” Luna asked. Onew moved closer to her, but she glared and moved away. She didn’t like being lied to, and she wasn’t happy that Onew had kept such a big secret from her. Onew shook his head seriously.

 

“Worse, especially since his parents kept him from proper training. With creatures like him, you are either born as the creature, or you are taught to transform. Since Minho is neither of the two, is other side is awakening forcefully. Without the proper training, he won’t be able to control himself, and it’s possible he goes into a rampage because of all of the power he has just gotten. Right now, he is unstable. The creature in him wants to get out, and Minho has no idea how to control it from going all out.”

 

“Why would his parents want that?” Taesun asked.

 

“His father used to be one of the most powerful of his kind, but after causing some problems, was exiled here, along with his wife. They want revenge now, and they’ll do anything to get it. They’ve been waiting for this to happen, especially after Taemin showed up. Taemin being with Minho during his awakening is their plan,” Kibum explained.

 

The rest looked a bit confused, and Onew sighed.

 

“When Minho awakens, he won’t know who Taemin is. All he’ll see is first target. They plan on Taemin being Minho’s first victim.”



OMG I UPDATED! HOORAY!

Thanks for being so patient, and I'm sorry I wasn't able to update sooner. From now on, I'll be updating more frequently, now that school is over. 

Well, I have to go get ready to go out, but I'm going to try and update Those Unspoken Words within the next few day.

Thanks for reading!

Please comment and subscribe and tell me what you think!

Love you!

Bye bye~ <3