More Studio Work and Staying Late

JTune Entertainment's New girl group Zephyr!!!

Haruka's POV

After Joohyun, Hana and Yena left, Hansol and I talked about the style of dancing we could use in the two dances. We assumed that they were slightly hip-hop tracks with some pop styled verses and chorus. After about 20 minutes of discussion, I stopped talking and thought back to our task.

"Hold on..." I trailed. Hansol looked at me and raised a brow. "How are we supposed to choreograph for a song that we don't have?"

"I.... Don't know actually..." She replied. I huffed a sigh and turned to Manager Kang who was making his way out the door.

"Manager oppa, what are we going to do? We can't exactly start on the dances if we don't have a song to dance to..." I told him.

"I guess you could make up moves to another dance with another song while we figure out how to get it." He told us and left. I let out a sigh and nodded.

"Okay. Let's find a song on my iPod." I told her and we walked over to the corner of the room where the speakers were set up. We sat down and looked for a song.

"Should we get Yena in here too? I think she could help a little." Hansol suggested.

"That would be great." I replied. She took her phone out to text Manager Kang. Soon after, the door opened.

"Welcome back!" I called as I continueed to search for a song.

"Did Joohyun let you off easily?" Hansol asked.

"She just nodded when I said that I was leaving."

"Why are you two still so awkward? It's been a little over 4 months..."

"I don't know... I guess it's because I'm a newer member..." 

"Don't worry about it, she's always like that. It took her roughly a year to get used to me. She's already been with Hana for the longest, and Hansol a bit after." I explained.

"Maybe... I just feel like unii doesn't like me."

"She likes you, and I know she cares. She just doesn't feel all that comfortable around you yet. Trust me, all of us members experienced it too." I reassured her.

"Perhaps... Anyways, did you guys need help?" 

"You can help out! It's gunna be fun, I promise!" Hansol smiled.

"S-sure..."

"Let's try this out first, yeah?" I asked as I started the song. Hansol and I got up and started making up a new dance for Get Up by EvoL. Yena also joined in every so often, adding moves. After running through the song around seven times, we did the entire random choreography that we created. 

"Not bad huh?" Hansol asked Yena with a grin.

"It's fun. I think Hana and Joohyun unni would like it."

"Let's try a new choreography." I said.

"Go for it." I ran over to my iPod and changed it to a different song.

"Beatles by G.I!" Hansol exclaimed. I nodded with a smile and ran over to her. I incorporated a few of the moves from the acutal choreography, but mostly use different moves and made up moves. Hansol and Yena liked the part I made up for the second verse after the chorus. Yena even helped out add in a few moves near the end of the song. Soon, we had a full choreography and practiced it a few times. Suddenly, half way through the song, we heard a knock on the door. I stopped the song as Hansol ran over to the door.

"Who is it?" She called as she slowly opened the door.

 

Hansol's POV

When I opened the door, a friendly face was on the other side.

"This is Zephyr's practice room, right?" The woman smiled.

"Y-yes it is... Mari Martin, right?"

"That is me!"

"Come in, please!" I opened the door fully and let her inside. 

"Hello! I'm Mari Martin, your choreographer." She told the other two members. "Where are the other girls? I was informed that you guys are a five member group?"

"They're up in the recording studio." Haruka answered.

"Oh, we should get them down here as well while I put my stuff aside." 

"Yena, can you go call unni and Hana?" I told her. She nodded and went off.

"We're so sorry about this." I said to Mariel.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"We don't really know where the song is, we'll have to wait until our leader comes down."

"Oh no, that's fine. We should get warmed up until she gets here!" The three of us started stretching when someone else came in.

"Hello. I'm Park Nina, the choreographer for Nine Muses' Dolls. This is Zephyr, right?"

"Yes! Welcome! I am Hansol, this is Haruka. The other members should be arriving shortly. Meantime, you can set your stuff down." I informed her.

"Thank you." She smiled and walked off. Soon after, Joohyun, Hana and Yena walked in.

"You guys could have started without us, you know? Hey Mari." Joohyun waved.

"Jayden! I didn't know you were becoming an idol too!" Mariel exclaimed as she hugged Joohyun.

"I wanted to keep it a secret while taking your classes."

"It's great to see you again!"

"Same to you. Sorry about the track by the way. We didn't exactly start recording until today, but we'll be done for tomorrow's session."

"I didn't here the song yet..."

"What do you mean?"

"The girls don't know where it is..." Joohyun raised a brow as me and Haruka then walked over to the music set up in the corner. She pulled out a CD from the very top of the CD rack and put it in.

"It was at the top, did you guys read the cover?"

"Apparently not." Haruka mumbled.

"Get a feel for it while I get our producer to come in tonight." She told Mariel then sat down on the bench.

"I told you to check the rack!" I told Haruka.

"No you didn't!"

 

Yena's POV

I watched the two unni's bicker while Hana stretched out with Nina. Joohyun was talking smoothly on the phone and I just stood there. I didn't know what to do.

"Hey unni! come join us!" Hana exclaimed, waving me over. I nodded and went to where she was with Nina. We did some stretches before I heard Joohyun speak up.

"Sorry to interrupt everyone, but I just want to tell the members something important. Kim Ki Bum oppa's going to be here tonight, so don't complain if we're staying late. We have to record our title song tonight, but we'll be recording throughout this week and next week so don't forget to continously practice. Yeah.. proceed." She explained before stretching with Mariel.

*Oh... We're all moving in together soon...* I thought to myself.

"What's wrong Yena unni?" Hana asked.

"Nothing.."

"Okay! Let's get this dance started!" Mariel exclaimed.

After a few hours of getting some moves in, we practiced until after the first chorus.

"It looks great girls!" The two choreographers smiled.

"Sorry about the track again... It's only been around 5 hours, but you guys should head home for the day. We'll finish the track tonight just so that we can tweak what we have so far." Joohyun explained.

"Sounds like a good plan! We'll see you girls tomorrow!" Nina smiled and packed up her things with Mariel.

"I think the dance is fun, isn't it unni?" Hana grinned at Joohyun.

"It's interesting."

"Interesting? That's an understatement. You have Hana acting all cute in one corner and you're staring her down with your body waves." Haruka laughed.

"It's refreshing." 

"I like it a lot." Hansol added.

"We'll see you girls tomorrow at 8!" Mariel exclaimed as her and Nina walked out.

"Thank you!" We all bowed.

"Eight o'clock is so early..." I muttered.

"Don't be late tomorrow. The later you are, the longer you're going to have a certain duty when we get a dorm, okay?" Joohyun said out as if she heard me.

"Ne leader-nim!" Everyone salute and I nodded.

"Let's go to the recording studio, yes?" We all got into the elevator and went back to the recording studio. Joohyun sat in her seat while the other members and I sat around the studio.

"Alrighty, main vocal you're up." Haruka got up and went inside.

"Listen to what we have so far and the part after Hana's. You'll hear the melody following her part and if you would like I can sing along to show how it should be going."

----

"Hey... Yena.... Wake up." I slowly opened my eyes and saw Joohyun. She walked away and sat back in her seat.

"You girls can go home now, we're finished recording our title song." 

"YAY!" Hana cheered.

"Don't get to excited. It's not our final copy."

"What aboout you? You're not going to go home yet?" Hansol asked.

"Not yet. I have to finalize everything so it sounds good for tomorrow. If we need to fix anything, we'll work on it after Mari and Nina choreograph it. You're all dismissed."

"But unni~" Hana pouted.

"Just go on home. I know you're all tired." We all nodded and made our way down. We grabbed our things from the practice room and were all waiting for our rides in the lobby.

 

NO POV

"How did you like recording Yena?" Haruka asked.

"It was pretty fun." Yena answered. "What about you?"

"It was cool. I didn't know how it felt until today."

"We're going to have to be back in there quite a few times, I already know it." Hansol told the girls.

"I feel bad for unni staying back so late... She told me she was up early this morning." Hana said.

"I'm sure she'll be fine. She's our leader for a reason, right?" Hansol reasurred.

"I should get going before the bus leaves. See you unnis tomorrow!" Yena waved and ran off.

"Don't be late!" Haruka reminded. "I should be off too."

"Yeah, so should I. Let's go together?" Hansol asked.

"Don't leave me behind!!" Hana exclaimed and followed the other two.

 

Meanwhile, Joohyun was still fixing up the first chorus. She yawned as she listened to the song once more.

"Guess I'll be burning the midnight oil today." She groaned and continued onto her work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OKAY FINALLY UGH. I had no homework today! (too bad it'll only get even worse as soon as my other class starts on thursday >.<)

anyways, sorry bout the short member parts :$$$$$ 

I'll do my best for the following chapters! i just ran out of ideas since we're just starting out anyways...

sorry bout the boring introduction to Zephyr so far... this will go on for one more chapter or so just explaining our debut and such, then we'll get into more interesting things!

hope you guys enjoyed it anyway~

07/16/13 - 7:15pm