Recording Studio Work

JTune Entertainment's New girl group Zephyr!!!

Joohyun's POV

 

"I want chestnut brown hair!" Hana exclaimed. "When we perform or have an interview or something, I want it straight at the top and have curly ends."

"That would look really cute on you Hana." Haruka smiled.

"What do you think unni?" She asked me, tugging my arm. I pulled my arm back and nodded.

"I kind of want a light brown hair with front bangs and have the bottom half dip dyed turquoise." Hansol said. 

"I think that would look cool on you." Manager Kang said.

"As for the concept... something cool like MissA or T-ara. Just not... APink." She continued.

"Yeah, I also agree with Mouse unni. If it's not too frilly, I'm okay." Hana grinned at me. 

"Something like EvoL! That would be cool! Long dark brown or red hair would be nice." Haruka answered.

"I'd want red hair, and when we go on shows, I wanna put it up in a bun! For the concept, just not that girly pink stuff." Yena told us. Manager Kang nodded his head in agreement. I looked up at Manager Kang and decided to speak up again.

"I feel like our concept should be different. Instead of being all one type of concept, why don't we go for something more.... Zephyr? It would match the song a little better. Hana can wear her girly clothes and be that kind of character, Hansol can be more towards the stylish y side, Haruka can be in that more boyish light, Yena... well she can be that romantic girl as she said she is." I explained to the group.

"What about you unni? You should be the quiet, y, mysterious badass girl." Hana grinned at me. I rolled my eyes.

"Thankfully, the only other songs we need to compose is your intro and the other song on the album. Joohyun has the title track, follow up single and outro completed with your other composer for the album, Kim Ki Bum." Manager Kang told the girls.

"Kim Ki Bum?! Like the composer of B.A.P's Warrior?!" Haruka exclaimed. I nodded.

"Daebak! Unni actually worked with him! That's so cool..." 

"Our song's going to be amazing! Unni! You can do it!" Yena and Hansol exclaimed. I shrugged and turned to Haruka and Hansol.

"Mariel Martin and the choreographer for Nine Muses' Dolls is coming in later today to start choreographing our title track, and our follow up single. I'm sure we can finish recording for all of the songs by the end of this week before Mari goes back home, so she can fix the dance after the song is finalized."

"We should get started before they come." Haruka said and Hansol nodded.

"You two, come with me. I'm sure Yena doesn't mind, and Hana.... You'll probably abuse Ki Bum sunbae. Yena, prevent that." 

"Yes unni!" The two saluted to me.

"We'll be getting to work first Manager oppa. I guess we'll see you later." I bowed to him and turned to leave. I noticed that the two maknaes didn't, so I turned back around and forced them to bow by pushing their backs down. After, I opened the door and walked towards the elevator to go to the fifth floor. Once I pressed the up button, the doors opened and two members of MBLAQ stood inside. Thunder smiled at me and pushed the button to keep it open.

"We can wait for the next one." I muttered.

"Why? This one's available!" Yena grabbed our arms and pulled us inside. I quietly groaned as she pulled me next to Mir. 

"On your way to the studio huh?" Mir asked. I rolled my eyes and slightly turned away.

"Make sure you don't mess up with the boards again this time." I scoffed and turned to face him.

"Excuse me? I was producing a song in peace until you walked in!" I exclaimed.

"Nuh-uh! I know what I'm doing in the studio! You messed up all of the buttons!"

"Yah, Bang Cheol Yong. Shut you mouth before I seal it shut." 

"Look at you acting all tough. You're so short, it's adorable." He giggled.

"Even if my height is shorter than yours, that doesn't mean I can't take you down."

"Unni let's go~" Hana gently took my hand and pulled me out.

"THIS ISN'T OVER BANG CHEOL YONG!" I exclaimed as the doors closed. He waved with a wide smile. Once they closed, I spun around on my heels and let our a frustrated sigh.

"UGH! That guy is so annoying! When will he grow up?!" I muttered angrily as I marched to the studio. I sat down in my chair and took deep breaths. I looked at the two maknaes standing awkwardly at the door.

"Sorry. Come on in, make yourself comfortable. Not you Hana, I want you to sit here and do a simple task for me."

"YAY!" She giggled and skipped over to me. I explained which buttons to press to start the music and start the recording. Before getting her comfortable in my chair. As I walked to the door to the recording room, I looked at Yena.

"D-Do I do anything?" She stuttered.

"Judge me and be honest. Don't be afraid of being critical. You too Hana." I entered the recording room and picked up my Beats headphones. I put them on and fixed the lyrics sheet.

---------------------------

Hana's POV

 

I giggled as I spun in Joohyun unni's chair. She was letting me take her role for a few minutes! It was so cool to sit in her composing chair! 

"Hana-yah. Start the song." I spun around to face her and pressed the button. I then pressed the recording button and waited for her to start rapping. 

"You ready? Cuz we here now. You ain't got to worry, cuz we got this. ZEPHYR!" Unni put her hand up and I stopped the recording. "Jeez... that came out worse than I wrote it."

"It sounded cool!" I smiled at her. She glanced at Yena.

"I-I liked it..."

"Let me try that again, then I'll do a new one a few times." I nodded and started recording for her. I didn't think her intro was that bad... It was a mix of a Ravi-styled intro and a 2NE1 intro. After unni recorded it a few times, she came out and told me to go into the recording room. I hesitantly walked in and stood in front of the mic. It was my first time actually recording something professionally, and it was pretty cool!

"I'll let you listen to the melody first and read the lyrics along. If you want, I'll even sing it to you so know how it goes. When you're ready, just say and we'll start." Joohyun explained. She said it as if it was an easy task. To her it was, since she's been in here so many times, but I've never done it before! I felt so nervous. Before she started the song, I spoke up.

"H-Hold on! Unni... Can you sing it to me please? I'm kind of nervous..."

"Sure." She played the song and sang along to it. The song sounded pretty cool, or was it because Joohyun was singing it? She had a unique singing voice, sometimes I wondered why she didn't have a larger singing role in the group.

"Think you got it?" She asked.

"Can I listen to the melody again please?" 

"Of course. Don't worry, you're only starting with the first three lines of the song. Don't be nervous." She gave me a reassuring nod before starting the song. I closed my eyes and listened well to the melody of the singing as well as remembering the way Joohyun sang it. When she stopped it, I opened my eyes again and smiled with confidence.

"I think I got this unni! Let's start!" She nodded and started the song once more. I took a deep breath and waited after the last beat of the intro played, then started singing. I sang to the best of my abilities and made sure it was done well. She stopped the recording after my lines and listened to it again.

"Sing the first syllables of the three lines a bit more emphasized and the last line with more feeling." She told me. I nodded and saw movement in the corner.

"Yena unni, where are you going?" I asked.

"Manager oppa just called me to go down to the practice room..." She trailed.

"Oh, okay! Have fun!" I waved.

"If you run into Mir, tell him to sleep with one eye open." Joohyun muttered as she read over the lyrics.

"O-Okay...." Yena trailed and left. Joohyun said something with her cute Busan satoori. I barely understood what she said, so I giggled.

"What's so funny?"

"Your satoori is so cute unni. I didn't even know what you said." I told her.

"Oh... sorry. Let's get back to work, ne?" I nodded.

"Ne!"

"How do you like recording after your first try?"

"Still nervous, but I can do it!"

"Good." She snickered as she played the song.

After numerous runs of my first verse and parts of the chorus, we also went over her intro rap a few other times and she tested how melody would sound at the chorus. I watcher her in awe every time she sang. As she came out to check over our recordings, I giggled again.

"What now?" She asked as she sat down.

"You're a good singer unni."

"Thank you."

"Why did you choose rap?"

"It runs in the family." 

"Really?"

"Appa used to be an underground rapper a really long time ago."

"That's so cool!"

"Why do you sing?"

"I love singing!" I heard her chuckle and I smiled. I pulled one of the other computer chairs over next to her. I spun around a few times before she stopped me. She fixed up some parts of the song and made her intro rap, my first verse and our melodic chorus into one demo.

"How does it sound?" She asked.

"Amazing. I can't wait until the other unnis join us!" I smiled. She nodded and started fixing up other parts too. I sat there quietly and thought to myself.

*Should I tell her now? Wouldn't it get more complicated later on? It's better to tell her....*

"Hey unni..." I quietly called.

"Yes?"

"Can I tell you something?"

"No."

"O-Oh.. okay.."

"I was kidding. Go ahead."

"But you have to promise you won't tell anyone else!" She stopped and looked at me.

"You don't smoke, do you?"

"No! Ew, gross."

"Okay good. What did you want to tell me?"

"Remember how Haruka unni was asking why I follow Daehyun?" She nodded. "It's because I'm biased towards him.

"Okay... and...."

"I'm biased towards him because... Well... He's..." I leaned in closer to her ear and whispered. I pulled back and bit my lip, waiting for her reaction. She didn't do anything but sit still and blink. She turned her head to me and raised a brow.

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"You know that it's forbidden, right?" I slowly nodded, then she let out a sigh. "Alright. Because I'm oh so generous, I won't say a word. You're responsible for keeping it a secret, got that?"

"Of course unni! Oh thank you! I thought you would get angry and disapprove!" I exclaimed in relief and hugged her. She pushed me off and sighed.

"Why would I? Your happiness right?"

NO POV

Joohyun continued to work as Hana sang a B.A.P song.

*Does Junhong know about this? ... What would she think if she found out about Junhong? Oh jeez.... Now how am I not supposed to act awkward around B.A.P?! This is a lot more complicated than I thought.*

Hana smiled and spun around in her chair.

*Unni doesn't hate me! I hope Daehyun oppa won't get mad that I told unni... But she had to know! She would have found out one day!* 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

APOLOGIES FOR THE SHORT UPDATE! I had a bit of homework and other obstacles in the way, so I hope you forgive me for the two member update!

Hopefully, I'll be able to update the next three members tomorrow! not sure what time though, I have to attendd Yena's party tomorrow x) Not the character, but the actual girl behind her ;)

anyways, hope you guys enjoyed the chapter anyway~! ^^

07/04/13 - 11:41pm