FORGIVEN NOT FORGOTTEN

WOUNDED HEARTS

I’m sooo excited.  I’m finally meeting my “husband.”

We’re supposed to meet a few days ago, but YG suddenly cancelled our “first date.” 

Jiyong got sick during his OOAK concert in Seoul.  YG had to call us to make up for Jiyong’s unexpected inability to perform on his 100% condition.  As 2NE1, we have to support G-Dragon.

Jiyong was completely covered with thick comforter when we entered his dressing room.  The atmosphere in the room was not good.  Everybody is worried and agitated. 

Jiyong tried to get up when he noticed our presence.  He still tried to smile and greet us despite his condition.

“Oppa, are you okay?” CL approached him first.

“I’m fine.  I’m sorry for suddenly asking you to come.  I heard it’s your rest day today.”  Jiyong’s breathing was heavy.

“Of course, we have to come.  It’s G-Dragon’s concert.”  Bom hugged him tightly.

“Not too tight, noona.  You’ll choke me to death.”  Jiyong complained.  Everyone was able to laugh for a bit.  It seems the concert will be saved after all.

When our eyes met, Jiyong smiled at me apologetically.

“Sorry for ruining you “first date”,” Jiyong said.

“Don’t worry.  We rescheduled it after the concert.”  I told him.  He just nodded.  Then he started sneezing.  He has a very bad cold.  His manager came to give him some medicine.

“Dara, can you give Jiyong a bottle of water?”  Jiyong’s manager was asking me.  I just stared at him.

“You know where Jiyong keeps his personal things, right?”  He stated.

“Uhmm, yeah.”

Like an old habit, I went where Jiyong keep his personal things and gave him a bottle of water.

“Here.  Make him drink all of these.  I need to see the CEO.”

I wasn’t able to utter a single word.  I had no choice, but to nurse Jiyong.  I sat beside him on the couch.  His eyes were red and teary.

“Drink all of these.”  I said in a hushed tone.

“I hate medicine.”  Jiyong complained.  He covered his whole face with the comforter.

‘Yah!  Stop acting childish.  You need to take these medicines.  You have a concert to finish.”  I didn’t notice I raised my voice on him.  I also didn’t notice everyone smiling at what I just did. 

No answer from Jiyong.  I yanked the comforter from his face.

“Jiyong…”

He still didn’t answer.  He just stayed still.  One thing I knew he was already leaning on my shoulder.  He had fallen asleep.

“Jiyong.”  I tried waking him up, but he did not stir.  His comforter had fallen from his shoulder.  I reached for it, but I was surprised at how hot his body had become.  Will he be able to perform?

“CL…”  I thought of asking her to help me.  When I looked up, there was no one around us.  Everybody has left the dressing room. 

“Where is everyone?” 

Jiyong shivered on his sleep.  The cold really got him bad.  I wiped the cold sweat on his forehead.  He was burning.  If only I could ask sajangnim to cancel the concert.  Jiyong needs to go to the hospital. 

“Jiyong,”  I tried to wake him.  He tried to open his eyes.

“Noona, I’m sorry.”  He uttered while half-asleep.  A tear rolled down his eyes. 

“What are you saying?  Are you hallucinating?”

“I’m sorry.”  He started sobbing.  His hold on me tightened.  His muffled crying was making me more worried.

“It’s okay, Jiyong.  It’s okay.”  I started rocking our body to put him back to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Miraculously, Jiyong’s fever cooled down.   I was able to feed him the medicine when he finally woke up.  It appeared he was really hallucinating.  We didn’t mention anything about his breakdown moment when we were alone in the dressing room.

He was able to deliver a good performance during the concert.  Everyone helped him to make up for his shortcomings.  It was a successful concert after all.

Everyone backstage was celebrating when the concert finally ended.  I was preparing to leave for my next appointment.  I was already late to meet my "husband".  I was already on my way out when I heard a commotion in Jiyong’s dressing room.  I heard panicked shouting from everybody.

My heart was beating wildly as I entered the dressing room.  I was pushing everyone blocking my way.  When I reached the center of the commotion, my heart stopped beating at the sight lying in front of me.

There, Jiyong’s lifeless body lying on the floor. 

I collapsed beside him not knowing what to do.  I was afraid to touch him.  I was afraid to lose him.

“Jiyong…”  I called out his name.  My eyes were getting blurry.

“Jiyong…”  I called his name once again.  Louder.  I started shaking his paper-white face.

“Jiyong…  Wake up!”

 

 

A/N

 

AM I FORGIVEN NOW, kkk!