Still Afraid - Day 4.

Misunderstanding

Your POV:

*FLASHBACK*

"Ah Ri???", I looked up and saw Luhan. "What is he even doing here?", I thought to myself. I didn't know what to say to him. I wasn't ready for all these. I just turned my back and ran away, far away. Thank God Claire stopped him from coming with me. She then caught up with me and we didn't even talk on the way back home, instead we did some speed-walk. When we got back, I quickly locked myself up in my room and sat down. Claire shouted behind the door, "Jinja mianhae. Ah Ri, I really didn't even had the thought of seeing Luhan there, I swear. Mianhae." "Gwenchana, just leave me alone for a bit. I'll go out with you later for lunch.", I shouted through the door. I just said that because I didn't want her to worry about me. Guess she took the bait. Later in the afternoon, I really did go out for lunch with her though. I have to admit, I felt a bit better after going out. Maybe it was because I was staying in my tiny space for too long. I was an outgoing person after all.

Today, she forced me to go to work. I know I should but I really, really don't want to. But here comes the part where she tells me about the "first steps to move on with life" thing and I will just tolerate with it because it makes sense. Gosh I hate how she's always right. I slipped into my contemporary costume and I looked bad. It doesn't really fit me and it isn't that tight as it used to be. Ugh, I can't do anything about it anyway. I wanted to walk to my workplace but OH, this is not his house anymore. So, I took a cab and arrived 20 mins later. Daniel ran up to me and hugged me the minute I stepped into the hall. "Ah Ri ah!!! You're back, YES, I'm not alone anymore. But what happened to you? Why are you so thin? Did you go on a diet?? And why do you look so worn out?", asked Daniel.

"Hi, I know you're really happy, but please do not ask me so much. Today, I am in a not-so-good mood so-"

"Is it because of Chanyeol?", he asked innocently.

"Why do you ask?"

"Because he came here and kept on asking about your whereabouts a few days ago. You both look so worn out. I figured that you guys had a fight?", he asked again.

"Not only a fight, but we broke up." , I thought to myself.

"AH RI, why are you not answering me?"

"I told you not to ask anymore, please just don't." , gosh this guy is starting to annoy me.

"Okay guys, please gather around here. Firstly, welcome back Ah Ri. As you all know, we're going to start a new routine today and its basically about a break up. So girls, I want you to imagine yourselves being really tired of the whole situation of the break up, like you're ready to let go and guys, imagine yourselves trying and wanting to get the girl back so badly. We'll start in 5 so please do get your emotions ready.", instructed the dance coach.

Well I don't need to get my emotions ready because I am already in that state. 

The dance routine totally fits me. I felt like I could relate to every dance move that was being taught to me and the rest. After 5 hours, me and Daniel had to perform in front of the rest of the crew. I imagined myself with Chanyeol, with everything that had happened. I was so tired of waiting for him and now, he wants me back but I'm refusing. After the dance, everyone was stunned. The dance coach said that this was my best performance. I smiled and nodded my head. Soon, work ended for the day. I decided to stay back for a little while, to practice my new routine. Dancing really helps me release everything. Everyone had gone back already but all of a sudden, I felt a pair of eyes watching me from afar. "I missed you so I decided to come here. I finally found you.", said the familiar voice, which is so undeniably Chanyeol's. 

No One's POV:

"Do you know how hard it was for me ever since you disappeared? I missed you so much.", asked Chanyeol while walking towards Ah Ri. 

"Don't you dare take one step closer to me.", Ah Ri warned him.

"I don't care anymore Ah Ri, I really want you back, I need-"

" I SAID don't. come. any. closer.", she warned him sternly this time.

"Okay, fine. But please lets talk about this, jebal. I know I was wrong but everything on that day was all just a misunderstanding. I can explain and we'll be able to fix this.", said Chanyeol in a convincing way. 

"Fix what? We're over, don't you remember? How would I ever know that you might be lying to my face again? Trust is not something that you can claim back easily. I trusted you but all I ever had in return were your stupid lies.", Ah Ri said as she quickly packed her stuff.

She was about to walk past him when he took her wrist, not wanting to let go. "I can explain everything if you can just please give me 5 minutes. Only 5. Thats all I'm asking for.", he pleaded. "Sorry, can't do so.", Ah Ri said bluntly and walked away. 

Chanyeol's POV:

After she left, I fell on my knees. Wondering why was all of this was happening to me. Why can't she listen to me. Only my members know what had really happened on that day and on all those nights too. Losing hope with every step I took, I finally reached home. I wished she could just give me 5 mins, or maybe 1 minute only. Thats all I am asking for. I have to get her back no matter what. I can't imagine going on with this life. Its killing every single part of me. At least, I got to see her today.. She got so thin, and her eyebags were huge, just like me. "Hasn't she ever missed me? She looked like she had but everything that she said to me just now, tells me not.", I thought to myself while lying on the couch. 

"I trusted you but all I ever had in return were your stupid lies."

I hate how this whole thing is not being explained to her yet. "If only you knew, Ah Ri... Then, I'm very sure that you'll understand." I thought to myself again. I also recalled the moment where I saw her dancing. She looked beautiful, as always. Her twirls were perfect, her moves were so elegant but her expression was saddening. If my heart was depressed all these while, seeing her expression just now probably made my heart bleed.

I closed my eyes wanting to escape this world for a while but all that ever came up to my mind were memories of me and Ah Ri, sweet ones. Especially the one where we wrote a letter to each other, when we first started being in a relationship, on the reasons of why both of us liked each other and kept it in a box. We haven't read it though, til' today. Because it was meant to be read when we were on the verge of breaking up. I wanted to take out that box but oh, We already broke up. I guess theres no point reading it anyway. Soon, I was asleep.

Your POV: 

I didn't want to give him those 5 mins because I knew I would forgive and fall for him all over again. And the consequence for that is that I'll get stabbed in the heart all over again. I tried acting strong in front of him just now, because I didn't want him to think that I was still that soft-hearted girl. Now, I'm a strong woman who will be able to overcome all of these . Claire asked me about my day when I got back home and I told her that it was relatively good until Chanyeol came. I explained everything else and she commented, "Woah, look at this girl, all grown up and tryna be tough now, huh?". I laughed. "But, sigh, I'm wondering what will happen if I gave those 5 minutes to him.", I said to her. "Honestly, I think you will want to clear up all these problems sooner or later, to Really move on with life. You might not be ready now, but you still have to, soon.", she said it knowingly. I know I should follow whatever she says cause I remembered how she had been through all these before with her (still,yes) former boyfriend, Jung Kook. She has more experience and she probably knows better than me in all of these type of stuff. 

"Hey, you should really arrange a meal with all of us again. It has been a really long time since I saw him.", I suggested after recalling Claire's boyfriend. "Hmm, I'll talk to him about it. He would be delighted too.", replied Claire.

After dinner, I washed up and went to sleep. I know I have to sort it out with Chanyeol soon. To be honest, I'm afraid. Afraid of falling again. Afraid that he'll steal my heart again. Afraid because I know that it will happen too. However, I am curious about his explanation. He said that he would be able to explain to me everything at that time. So what was he hiding all these while that I had no clue about?


Hey guys, really sorry if this fic is getting boring.. I'll try to spice it up a bit in the next chapter, I hope. Anyway, pls do feel free to comment, I will still love you :*