Listen- Day 6

Misunderstanding

Chanyeol's POV:

She must've thought that I went back home but no, I ain't gonna leave til' she steps out of this door to talk to me. "Has she read the letter yet? Is she ever gonna come out?", I wondered to myself. I remember reading her letter, and that was the key to all the courage and strength I have now. I hope the whole letter idea might give us another chance to start anew. Its midnight now and she hasn't come out yet. I guess I'll really be sleeping here tonight. I don't even care anymore, I have to get her back. I mean she has to come out sooner or later because she has to go out to eat or something. And besides, she can never hide from me. I took some newspapers outside as a floor matress and slept on it. I think I'll have a really bad sleep, damn the ground is so flat and hard plus its cold. But then I thought, for the sake of Ah Ri. Sigh. Before I sleep, I prayed that tomorrow will go as planned.

Your POV:

Wow my eyebags are crazy, thanks to that letter. I cried for so long sheesh. Thank God today's not a work day. When I got up, Claire was sitting at the dining table looking like she's hiding something. "Hey, whats up? You look nervous...", I asked. "Me? Oh hah its nothing. So what are you planning to do today?", she quickly answered. I don't know why but I couldn't be bothered asking her cause I know that she'll eventually tell me anyway. "Hmm, I was thinking to go for a morning jog to suit myself to this new neighbourhood. I guess you can help me?", I suggested. "Nah, I have some work to do.", she quickly answered again. This time, it looked pretty serious so I decided to ask, "Spill the beans Claire. You shouldn't hide anything from me." She then said, " Omg, fine. I didn't wanna tell you at first cause I know you probably cried so hard because of the letter yesterday. Don't ask me how I know. Anyway the thing is, he's sleeping outside, waiting for you. And its freaking cold outside can you even imagine?". 

"What is wrong with him, is he out of his mind?!?!", I told her.

"Well, I think this is the time. To finally settle things out with him. You've had enough time for yourself and he's never gonna leave you alone til' you guys finally talk. So go for it.", Claire stated.

I silently thought about it and said, "Okay I think its about time too. Thanks for the advise."

"This time I'm pretty sure he's all sincere about it so all the best. And I have to go out for some meeting.", she explained while walking out the door quietly to make sure he doesn't wake up.

The door was left open and I could see him shivering. "Ugh, stupid Chanyeol.", I thought to myself. I took my blanket and knelt down to cover him with it.

"You still care about me.", he whispered in my ear.

"What do you expect me to do when I see someone shivering right outside of my house?", I answered back.

"Did you read the letter?", he asked.

I didn't answer because I'm afraid that my voice would shake if I do.

"Then, give me some time to explain.", he said again.

"Only 5 minutes.", I answered.

"I know I was wrong for coming back on all those late nights and I realized how hard it was for you to wait for me all the time when I don't even show up sometimes. But you have to know that I was never with Young Gi on all those late nights. She just said that to make you pissed because she wanted to break our relationship. She's obsessed with me. That day, I know you saw us kissing but she was the one who pushed her lips to mine. I didn't even know what to do, I was shocked so I just stood there. I swear I didn't even touch her since the day we got together. She made that whole thing up. And when you suddenly wanted to break up with me, I could see my whole world crumbling down. And when you didn't want to listen to me, it got worse, because I felt all alone. Like my one and only forever soulmate is gone and I might as well just die alone. I," his voice was cracking. "just cannot and will not ever be able to live without you."

"Your 5 minutes is over.", I said

"But I just want to-

"You talk too much." I said and immediately kissed him. This kiss was probably the best among the others in our whole, entire relationship. Even better than our first one. We both kissed each other really passionately, like we never did before. It was a long, sweet kiss. We both felt so much better after that. It was still so early so I invited him to my house. We were really tired too so we went to my bed and cuddled. I had never felt like this ever in my life. It felt so nice to have him back again, like my world is coming back piece by piece. So, I broke the promise to my ownself, hah screw that.

Chanyeol's POV:

So basically, my prayer worked and the letter too. I was celebrating inside when she kissed me. It felt too good to be true to have her back. Both of us woke up in the afternoon, to find ourselves back on each other's side. We smiled and watch tv. Suddenly she asked, "Oppa, I was just wondering, what were you doing on all those late nights then?".

My phone rang. I opened the text and it said, "Hyung, we are ready. Everything okay?" I texted back "ok." 

"Oppa~ you haven't answer me yet!", Ah Ri whined.

"Ah Ri ah~ Lets go somewhere and I promise to answer you over there. Hurry up, time waits for no man.", I answered while pulling her out to my car.

"Oppa where are we going???", she asked panicking.

"Don't worry. You'll get it later", I said while smiling to her.

I can't wait to finally show her, what I have been doing on all those late nights, planning for our anniversary event with the EXO members.