Baby

I'm worried...

You rolled over in bed and slowly opened your eyes, fully expecting it to be dark, but were suprised to find it was nearly noon.

You sat up quickly, confused, and rubbed your eyes trying to clear them. 

You actually felt pretty good, you'd gotten more sleep last night then you had the rest of the week.

Himchan must already be up because he wasn't in the bedroom anywhere.

You got up and dressed, and brushed your teeth.

Afterwards,you walked down the hall and peeked inside the nursery. It was empty.

You began wandering toward the kitchen.

"Noona!" Zelo said with a smile. He and Youngjae and Jongup were in the kitchen just finishing up breakfast.

"Have you guys seen Himchan....or Zoey?"

Youngjae laughed. 

"Yeah, Himchannie left on a walk with Zoey not too long ago."

You nodded.

"Can i help with anything?" you asked.

"Uh-uh" Youngjae said. "You sit down and relax, let us take care of you."

You smiled and sat down, knowing they weren't going to let you step foot in the kitchen.

 

Baby Zoey was already a week old. The transition at home wasn't as bad as you'd thought it'd be. The boys had all been very helpful and though you had to get up a couple times a night to feed Zoey, Himchan had taken to getting up in the morning with the baby so you could sleep in.

 

Breakfast was ready and you ate with the boys, except for Himchan who was still out with Zoey. You put your plate in the sink just as Himchan came in the front door with a budled up baby in his arms.

"Himchan hyung, breakfast is ready." Zelo called from the table. 

You walked over to him. "I'll take Zoey so you can eat."

Bang walked over and took Zoey from Himchans arms, cradling her against his chest. "I got her noona, she's asleep anyway, why don't you relax, read a book or something." he said with a wink as he began walking toward his room with Zoey in his arms.

You smiled again. It was like having 5 dads in this house, but you didn't mind, it was nice having the help.

Himchan smiled at you as he pulled you against him, hugging you tight and kissing the top of your head. "Why don't you get a shower while you can, and i'll grab some food."

"Mmm." you said kissing him on the cheek.

 

You took a nice long shower. The warm water was relaxing and soothed the remaining aches you had after having Zoey. 

In the back of your mind, you reminded yourself not to get too spoiled. The boys schedules would resume in another week, and they would be leaving for promotions in Japan soon.

You got out of the shower and dried off.

Suddenly you heard a burst of laughter out in the living room somewhere.

"Yah Himchan!" came Zelo's voice. The other boys were still laughing hysterically. "Himchan!"

 

You got dressed and left the bathroom,making your way to the nursery, stopping at the door when you heard Himchan's voice inside. You slowly pushed the door open and peeked inside.

Himchan was leaning over the changing table.

"Stinky baby." Himchan chuckled as he began changing her diaper. He made silly faces at her and talked to her in soft tones.

"Wah! How can so much come out of such a tiny baby?" he said suprised.

You stifled a laugh.

Himchan finished changing Zoey and picked her up, and you could see the top of her head resting against his shoulder.

"There, all better?" he asked. "I know i don't do it as good as mommy, but still, it's not that bad."

He paced back and forth across the floor talking softly .

Himchan slowly turned your direction as he bounced with Zoey in his arms.

He looked up and finally noticed you standing there. "Oh!" he said startled, then smiled and walked over to you. "Did you get a chance to shower?"

"Mmmm." you nodded smiling at him. "What was so funny anyway?" you asked leaning your head against Himchans shoulder, one of Zoeys hands with your finger.

"Mmm? Oh," Himchan said with a chuckle. "Zelo wanted to hold Zoey, so Bang let him...and Zoey's diaper kind of blew out on him."

You both laughed.

"Poor Zelo." you chuckled. "Want me to take her?" 

He shook his head, and cradling Zoey in one arm, wrapped the other around your shoulder and gave you a squeeze.

"I'm already missing both of you, thinking about how we have to get back to our normal schedules soon. I mean, don't get me wrong, i love what we do, but i just wish you and Zoey could come with us. I feel horrible leaving you behind."

You nodded, "I understand how you feel, but don't. We knew what we were getting into, i knew there would be plenty of times i'd be here alone, but having Zoey will make that a little easier." you said smiling at him. "I know you want to be with us, it's not like you're abandoning us." 

You wrapped your arms around his waist.

"I love you." he said softly kissing your forehead.

"I know you do, and i love you too. So much. I'm completely happy here with you and Zoey."

 

Zoey had fallen asleep as she listened to the two of you speaking. Himchan walked over to Zoey's crib, placing a kiss on top of her head, he placed her in it, covering her with a blanket.

He took your hand and you followed him out of the nursery. He led you to the back porch and you both sat down on the porch swing. You rest your head against Himchan's shoulder, and he leaned his head against yours, gently rocking the swing back and forth.

"I love seeing you with Zoey, you are such a good Daddy already, my heart melts everytime i see you with her. You are so good to both of us. I love you so much Himchan."

"I've never been so happy in my life." he said softly, turning his head to look at you. "You are everything i have ever wanted, and now with Zoey...I'm so lucky.."

"I know exactly how you feel."

"You don't think she'll forget me, will she?"

You laughed softly. "No baby, she wont."

He looked at you with a worried expression.

You cupped his face with your hands, bringing your lips to his, kissing him softly at first, until he pressed his mouth harder against yours, his tongue slipping past your lips.

When you finally parted from eachother, you smiled at him. "Tell you what, i'll get skype installed on the computer, we'll get a webcam, and then we can video chat everyday, and Zoey will be able to see and hear you even on days you're not home."

His face brightened at the idea.

He kissed your forehead again. "I'm sorry baby, I don't mean to worry so much."

You shook your head. "It's okay, it just shows that you care." you said smiling at him. 

"I'll call you everyday, and skype you every night, and i can sing Zoey to sleep over the phone..."

You smiled and leaned back against his shoulder, dozing off in the warmth of his arms.