It's Time

I'm worried...

An hour later you were lying in your own hospital room, hooked up to a heart monitor and an IV. You decided against the pain medication, not wanting to take a chance that it might affect the baby in any way.

Himchan sat in a chair next to your bed your hand. 

"Noona?" came a voice from the doorway. "Is it all right if we come in?"

"Come on in guys." Himchan said.

One after another, the boys filed into the room, taking a seat in the empty chairs by the window.

"What did the doctor say?" Zelo asked.

"That i'm about halfway there already, and that was over an hour ago." you replied.

The boys all talked excitedly, smiling, making bets on whether it was going to be a boy or a girl, and how long it would be before it was born.

"Channie.." you whimpered as another contraction approached.

Himchan stood up and leaned over you, still holding onto one of your hands. 

Your free arm went around him, clenching the back of his shirt.

He kissed you before putting his mouth near your ear, his cheek touching your cheek.

"Take a deep breath."

You did.

"That's it, almost over." he whispered.

You relaxed as the contraction faded.

"Even in labor, my baby is so beautiful." he said pulling back to look at your face.

You squeezed his hand.

He kissed your hand and sat back down.

"Can we get you anything?" YoungJae asked.

"Water?" you said.

He nodded and headed out of the room.

 

A couple hours passed and the contractions were more intense. You had your side hoping for some kind of relief.

The doctor had come in to check on you, and you had reached 8cm. He said it would probably only be another hour or so before it was time.

The boys were trying to keep your mind off of it by talking about different things.

Another contraction crept up, and you groaned.

"Another one baby?" Himchan asked sweetly.

"Mmm." you whimpered.

You gripped the side rails of the bed. Himchan stood behind you, rubbing your lower back. As the labor progressed, the pain had moved to include your  lower back, and Himchan had taken to massaging it at every contraction, easing some of the pain.

"Just think, it's almost over. Baby will be here soon and all this pain will be over."

"Here's some more water noona." Zelo said handing you a cup when the contraction had passed.

"Thank you Zelo." you said.

The nurse walked in and chuckled. "I'm jealous, you've got a whole harem of guys in here taking care of you. You don't even need me."

You smiled. 

"The doctor will be here in just a minute to check on you. Are you feeling any pressure?"

"A little."

She nodded. "Soon now." 

The doctor arrived a few minutes later.

The boys stood up. 

"We'll wait outside until you're ready for us." Bang said. 

You nodded and the boys gave you a reassuring pat before heading out of the room.

"Alright, let's see how you're doing!" the doctor said.

He checked your pelvis again.

"It's time!" the doctor said. "You're fully dialated, only thing left to do now is push." he said with a smile. "We'll get things prepped and get this thing going!"

Your room suddenly got busy and noisy as the doctor was joined by 3 more nurses, who began pulling out different objects from the cupboards and moving machines around the room.

Once everyone was ready, the doctor took his spot near your feet.

"This shouldn't take long, only a couple more minutes and you'll be holding your baby." he said smiling before putting his face mask on. "Ready?"

You nodded.

"Alright, with the next contraction, i want you to put your chin to your chest and push until i tell you to stop, okay?"

"Okay."

Himchan placed a hand on one of your legs, and held your hand with his other.

You felt a contraction creeping up.

"Alright, let's do it." the doctor said.

You dropped your chin to your chest and pushed when you were told.

This repeated for the next half an hour.

"Alright," the doctor said finally, "we're nearly there, just a couple more times."

 

You were exhausted and the contrations hurt like hell.

Himchan was still standing there, holding your hand, encouraging you through the whole process.

Finally..

"One more push, come on." the doctor said.

One last contraction...

You pushed, giving it every bit of strength you had left.

"Good, good, keep going, nearly there, come on."

"Wah, here it comes." Himchan said excitedly still holding your hand.

"Gahhhh." you groaned.

"That's it, keep going." 

"Come on baby, you're doing great, almost done, come on." Himchan encouraged wiping the sweat from your forehead with a cool washcloth.

One last push and it was all over. 

The pain stopped instantly, and the nurses cheered as the baby's cries filled the room.

You collapsed against the pillows, panting.

"It's a girl!" Himchan said looking at you excitedly. "It's a girl, she's so pretty." He cupped your face with his hands. "I love you , i'm so proud of you, i love you." he kept repeating over and over.

The doctor suctioned fluid from the babys lungs, then held it up for both of you to see.

 "She's beautiful, oh baby, she's so beautiful." Tears were streaming down Himchan's face.

One of the nurses quickly wrapped her in a blanket before handing her to Himchan.

The baby continued to cry.

You watched as Himchan stared down into the babys face. He was overwhelmed with joy, the tears continuing to pour down his face.

"You're so pretty, just like your mommy." He said the baby's cheek before leaning over to hand her to you.

You looked down into the tiny little face as it cried.

Himchan kissed your forehead as you burst into tears and looked up into his face.

"I love you." you sobbed.

He smiled and wiped the tears from your face.

"I love you too baby."

The baby had stopped crying now and was trying to open her eyes squinting against the light.

"Look at you, such a pretty baby, i've never seen such a pretty baby." Himchan cooed, kissing her on the forehead.

"I think she recognizes your voice." you said.

Himchan smiled.

"You have your Daddy's eyes." you said crying, watching her little face scrunch up. 

You looked up at Himchan. 

"She's got your chin too."

Himchan wrapped his arms around you both.

"I have the most beautiful girls." he said softly.

The doctor and nurses cleaned up the room in minutes.

"Would you like me to go get the other boys?" your nurse asked.

"Mmm." you nodded. 

"Are you okay?" Himchan asked brushing your bangs out of your face.

You nodded.

"Tired, but so happy." you said smiling at him.

He kissed your forehead. "You did great, i'm so proud of you, such a strong baby."

You heard the boys chatting excitedly just outside the doorway.

"Come on in" Himchan called out.

You kissed the baby's forhead and handed her to Himchan.

He cuddled her, gently rocking her and already babbling to her.

Daehyun peeked around the corner before coming in.

"Wah! That was fast!" he said.

The rest of the boys followed behind him.

"Well?" Dae asked looking at you. 

You smiled. 

"It's a girl."

The boys clapped and hooted as they crowded around Himchan.

"Wah, she's so cute." Bang said as Himchan handed her to him.

"So tiny, look at her fingers!" Dae said as he touched her hand.

"Aww, she looks a lot like Himchannie hyung." Zelo said.

"You guys make a cute baby." Bang said with a chuckle, gently rocking her in his arms.

"How you doing Noona?" YoungJae asked.

You smiled. "Much better now."

He smiled, squeezing your arm lightly.

"Can we get you something?" Jongup asked.

"I bet you're hungry." Dae piped up.

"Starving." you said with a smile.

"I'll go get you something to eat." Himchan said. "I've had to pee for the last hour anyways." he said with a chuckle. "Will you be okay for a minute?"

You nodded.

"You're alright?" Bang asked concerned.

"Mmm." you nodded assuring him.

He smiled. "She's absolutely gorgeous girl. Congrats."

The other boys nodded in agreement. 

Bang passed her on to Zelo who sat down in a chair by the window and whispered to her, smiling the whole time. 

They took turns passing her around, ending with Daehyun.

"Wah, i can't get over how tiny she is." he said.

He held her, playing with her tiny hands, as the boys kept peering over his shoulder to look at her.

Himchan returned with a tray of food for you, kissing your forehead as he put the tray down in front of you.

"Eat up, i don't want to see a crumb left." he said.

You chuckled and he winked at you.

"Now, where's my other baby?" he said happily walking over to the other boys.

 

You ate your food quickly, not leaving a crumb behind. 

The baby was beginning to fuss, and you were getting tired. 

 

Bang stood up. "We'll get going now, i'm sure you're tired." he said nodding toward you, "and you guys should have some time alone." 

The other boys stood up, and gave you and Himchan hugs, and kissed the baby on the cheek before making their way out.

Bang was the last to leave. "Congrats again you two, she's perfect." he said with a smile. "We'll see you both tomorrow. Get some sleep."

 

After Bang left, Himchan walked over to you, holding the baby, who was still fussing. 

"She's probably hungry." you said reaching for her.

Himchan handed her to you, then crawled up into the bed with you and sat next to you, one arm around your shoulder, leaning his head against yours.

He her cheek as she nursed, staring at her with a smile on his face.

"Mia, Hana or Zoey" he said slowly, mulling over the names you both had come up with if the baby was a girl.

You both looked down at her face.

"Which one fits her?" Himchan said softly. 

"Zoey." you both said at the same time.

Himchan chuckled, giving your shoulder a squeeze.

"I still can't believe it." he said. 

He Zoey's hands with one of his fingers. 

"Silly baby." Himchan said. "You're late, you know that? You kept Mommy and Daddy waiting."

After burping the baby, she fell asleep quickly, and Himchan placed her carefully in her little bed, pushing it close to yours.

He climbed in bed next to you, wrapping his arms around you.

"I love you." he whispered in your ear.

"Love you too." you murmured.

You were both exhausted and were asleep in moments, Zoey sleeping peacefully beside you.