Chapter 4 : Joon - The Unexpected Saver!

We Were Meant to Be

Ready?

Set?

Go!!!

Chapter 4! :)


 Yoon A *POV

I roll on my bed from left to right, lazily. I tried to close my eyes, but it seemed didn’t work. I don’t have any feel to sleep tonight. What am I going to do now? Panda eyes-? I surely hate it -

I jump out from my bed, leading my step to the kitchen. I want to have a glass of milk as a supper. And- I heard milk can get one’s to go to sleep. So, maybe I should try it too.

I run downstairs, carefully. I saw the light at our kitchen is still on. The surrounding- I can feel that it’s a little bit eerie here. The dark living room...

I just need to throw away the bad thinking!

Don’t make up any nonsense, Yoon A!

I gain my courage and walk slowly towards the kitchen. I don’t hear any sound there. It’s really wrinkle up my soft heart! And suddenly-

“Yoon A?”

I was damn startled and yelling out loud. I felt like my heart was going to jump out from my chest!

Soo Young unnie completely success in making me scared like dead just now. With her white long dress and a mask on her face- seriously, I nearly faint.

“Chill, dear,” she came towards me and gave a quick hug. I nod and try to get my breath rhythm. “You’re scaring me, unnie,” I replied, still in the shock mood. 

She laughs a little and grins, showing her pearly white teeth. I feel funny of myself. “You can’t sleep too- I guess?” she asked, friendly.

I nod my head, “You’re correct. I can’t make myself to fall asleep.”

“Wait, Yoon A. I’ll serve you a glass of fresh milk.”

I smile hugely. “Thanks, unnie,” I look around while waiting her prepares the milk for me. “Here,” she put a glass of milk in front of me a minute later. We sit together at the dining table, face to face.

“Are you ok?” I asked, started the conversation. She sighs and nods. I know there’s something that bothers her head... There’s nothing but only- “Are you still thinking about the debt thing?” I questioned her, after being quiet for some moment, as I enjoyed the fresh milk.

“I just can’t let it go out from my mind. It was... my entire fault. I don’t know, maybe I was not in my right mind on that time,” again, Soo Young unnie couldn’t stop from blaming herself.

“No, unnie. You’re not. It was not your fault. And it was not Hyoyeon unnie’s mistake too. I know the decision the both of you have made is for our sake. It is because you love us. You don’t want your sisters to suffer of hungriness, being penniless and so on. But- it was just... a wrong choice. Don’t blame yourself,” I calmed her. I really can’t stand looking at her pitiful side. I love her and I don’t want to see her to be sad.

At the same time, my mind pops out about something, that I can’t find the solution for it. I recall about her talk-

She said her purse was left at that scary place.

And, she told us that she kept all of our photos in it- Ok, I understand they (the merciless loan shark) will know us... I confirm with that- And that’s why we must take care of ourselves...

But- there’s a question I need to ask, and I really hope to get the answer- How about her identity card that was also kept in it? And of course, our address will surely shown on it-

Why she said they didn’t know where we live?

“Yoon A, I felt so grateful; the address on my identity card- it is not the address of our house that we used to live now. It’s our old house. You sure remember right? I can feel more relief,”

I gaze at her, surprise. Wow! Is she a mind reader? She had answered the question that kept playing in my head- in just one flow! She’s great-

I grin as my eyes meet with hers. She’s putting a warm smile on her face. That was close- I think I couldn’t close my eyes, or even to take just a blink, if the loan shark come and wreck our house- if they know the address.

I had finished my drink. I felt sleepy now. Thousand thanks to the milk!

***

When all of the students are making so much noise and uproar the class’s condition, I stuck into our family’s serious problem. I can’t get my mind- where should we find as much dosh as our debt? Relax? Oh God, I couldn’t get that feeling now- Seriously, I’m not lying.

As usual, Joon is acting coldly towards me. I have no heart to care, so I just ignore him too. It is better than having a fight- as I’m not in a good mood.

“How’s your cheek?”

I surprised. So he still has the sense to care? I let my eyes captured his figure who is sitting next to me. “Ummm... much better. It’s not hurt anymore,” I replied, staring at him. But he didn’t look at me even once. He’s really tensed me up-

“You’re being too small, Yoon A. Like a rat who scares of a cat. You didn’t care of yourself, huh? You let them hurt you, and you kindly didn’t return their badness. You deserve to be an angel. But that’s only in your fairytale dream. In this world- you must face up the reality. Your real place is here. If you’re not being brave- they will all your life out,” he said.

My mouth opened up wide, amazed with his talk- That was a brilliant advice! I can’t believe the cold heart as he is flowing out that kind of words. Wait a second- that’s mean, he saw them smacked me? How embarrassing- he’ll think how weak I am...

“I... Ummm... I,” I stuttered. What should I say, huh? “Think. You have brain, right? Get yourself change before they bring your life upside down,” Joon replied, cutting my line.

His word seems haughty and proud. I know I am not a strong girl, neither brave. But, as I think about it over and over again, all his words have wakes me up from the day dream- that I should change myself. Don’t let them hurt me. I must be strong and gain all my courage to beat them all.

I become more high-spirited-

“Or are you waiting for someone to be with you, and defend yourself from them? Like a prince charming? Or, maybe you are waiting for an angel God sends for you?” he asked, teasingly.

Black hole!!! He can’t even try to stay in the good condition he create, but just destroy it all! He makes me fill the ‘HATE’ word as much as I can into my soul!

***

Joon *POV

I am more interested to mix and blend myself into her life. I could feel there’s joy, there’s the happiness, spending time with her. Although I still act cold towards her, that doesn’t mean I hate her or what- It was just something I did to decrease the boredom.

Of course- she’s the right toy for me to play, as this kind of school annoyed me so much. She’s just too cute as a girl- And too soft to defend herself from the bad peoples out there. I feel pity. I think they’re too harsh and brutal towards her.

That’s makes me... want to stay there always, being beside her. Defending and protecting her, how I really love this kind of job!

She seems annoyed with the words slipping out from my mouth just now. In her heart, I know she was cursing me.

As I quietly stare at her, I could detect something is fishy. There’s no smile on her pretty face, and that’s completely weird for me. I wonder if there’s something in her mind right now, and I really want to know it too-

She releases a hard sighs. What is that mean?

Maybe she’s thinking about what I said to her just now- Or about the bad girls who fought with her yesterday- well, I don’t know. As my eyes gaze at her, I can’t calm myself. Her problem- although I have no relation with her, it’s just disturbing my mind too.

***

Yoon A *POV

Yuri and Sunny had left after the last bell rang. Actually they want to stay up with me here, but you know me- I don’t want to become a burden for them. So, I told them to go.

I sit alone in the empty class, waiting for Miss Yoon. She told me just now that she wants to give me something. Well, I don’t what it is.

5 minutes- I patiently wait.

10 minutes- I start to feel bored. Waiting is such an intolerable.

And 15 minutes later, she’s still didn’t show up herself- and her shadow also cannot be found. Too late from the time we promised to meet. I feel kind of worry, I hope there’s nothing bad happen to her.

“Yoon A? Oh, I’m sorry I was late,”

“Yeh, Miss Yoon. Don’t worry. I was late too,” I lied. I don’t want her to feel uneasy towards me.

“Really? Never mind. I’m much slower than you,” she chuckled.

I grin. “Yoon A, thank you so much, dear. For your kindly help the last two days,” she looked up at me with a smile.

Help? What did I do? I blurred of myself. I stare at her, confuse.

“You forgot? Aish- You help Joon to look around the school, remember?”

Oh yeah, I am. But- just because of that, she doesn’t have to thank me like this. That was just too common- showing the school to the new student. I don’t care much about that thing.

“Yeh. It’s just usual, you don’t have to thank me like that,” I answered, down to earth. “No, Yoon A. You didn’t know? The news about Joon had spread over the whole school. Showing the son of the most successful businessman in Korea around is not a common, dear. Great that I’ve chose you. You’re the most gracious than the others. So, at the same time, you’ve shown a little quality of our school too,” Miss Yoon explained. She’s really proud of me.

OMG- Did she just say Joon is the son of the most successful businessman in our country? My jaw opened up large. I really can’t believe it. Joon- the most annoying person and the one that always added the word ‘HATE’ in me, came from a rich family?

But his behavior- it’s so poor.

“So, Yoon A, I have a little present for you. All over again, thank you so much. I hope you like it,” she said and passed a colorful wrapped box to me.

“There’s no need to, Miss Yoon. You don’t have to bring me a present,” I replied, smiling warmly.

“This is for the pretty well-mannered like you, Yoon A,” she praised.

I feel honored. I bowed 90 degree in front of her, and gave a big smile.

We hug for a few seconds, before she walks away from the class.

I look at the present, without blinking my eyes. Seeing the gift, my head remembered about Joon. He’s making me freaking bad. I start to feel unpleasant. I’m not creating a big sin, right? I just thought that I’m not being sweet and well towards him- After all I know I’m the stiffest girl, as I did not involved in cheering or shouting enthusiastically at him, like the others.

I-

Shout at him. Curse him. Mad towards him. How ugly my attitude was.

I just hope he will not report anything to his parent. Or else- The school might kick me out for being bad towards the VIP son.

J-O-O-N

I don’t know what I should say now.

 ***

The sky went dark. The wind blew up strongly.

The weather is not so good this evening. I’m getting scared. I hope it’s not going to rain. If that’s it, how am I going to went back home? Ok- I can accept if it’s just a common rain, but please don’t pour out heavily...

Before it is really raining, I force my feet to walk away, leaving the school. Along my journey back, I look around; the playground, the field, the garden and the nearby stalls, but there’s nobody out here.

I’m shivering, as the wind hit my skin. The surrounding is so cold. I couldn’t bare myself.

“I think I know you,” a deep rough voice seemed to be heard. My heart is going to stop pumping the blood, hearing the voice all of sudden. I look at my back, and my eyes catch three tall muscular men smiled teasingly at me.

My eyes went small. Do I ever know them? I’m getting confuse with myself. “Sorry, do I know you?” I replied, looking at each of them blurrily.

“You will get it, little girl. Anything that happen to you after this, please thanks to your beloved sisters,” one of them spook out. OMG- please don’t say they’re the scary and merciless loan shark!!!

“Please... don’t do anything to me,” I cried out, thinking that it might be true. They burst out their laugh.

“You have sisters named Soo Young and Hyoyeon, right? Oh, how lucky we got their baby sister!”

“I wonder when they’ll pay back the debt!”

“Silly! The date has expired two weeks ago, but the funniest thing is they still not fully-paid!”

I look at them terrifically. I will just run!!!

“Yah!!! Don’t ever try to run away! You’ll die if we caught you!” one of them yelled at me, but I didn’t care. Saving myself is more important right now.

I rushed away, with tears out from my eyes. I swear, I never thought they will find us- or the most right word is- ME!!! I quicken my step, without looking behind. I know they’re chasing after me!

“Help! Somebody please help me!!!” I’m shouting out loud.

Seriously, I really hope there’s a person will ever help me. I don’t care who they are, I will do anything to pay their kindness for helping me out from these crazy monsters. I promised to myself. Promise!

Or, please God- please sends an angel for me! I need it! Please help me out from this obstacle!

One of them manages to reach my hand.

“You will die, little cutie! Serve your right! You dare to run away from us!”

“Go to hell! Let go off me!!!” I cried out like a mad people, I gained my strength to make myself out from their firm grip. They are so strong though. Much stronger than me! Triple thousand times more strong than my thin small body!

They pull me towards with enourmous energy. The tallest man holds me tight and its hurts me a lot.

I’m dead. The world is over for me.

Goodbye everyone.

“Yah!!! Let go off her, you damn crazy peoples!” I heard a voice shouting all of sudden. I- I think I know this kind of voice! It seems familiar to me! It is-

It is-

Joon???

I opened up my eyes, and I saw clearly he’s punching them with all his heart, his strength and so on-

Joon! He... saves me!

“You boy! Stay yourself away from our business!” one of them try to return Joon’s hard punch.

“You think I’m scared?” he replied, teasingly. He smirked and skillfully he punches and kicks them without any hesitation.

I amazed with him. Thank God for sending someone brave to help me out from them.

“Stop!” One of the loan shark holds Joon. He tries to make a distance between Joon and the other two men.

“Scared?” Joon replied, proudly.

“Nope. Not even once you baby boy.” Joon’s eyes largely opened as the word ‘baby boy’ entered his ear.

 “Listen carefully. If you want to save her- What I mean, if you want us to stop bother this cute girl and her family’s life, pay off their debt. Pay it cash and we promise not to disturb them again.”

The loan shark- they’re trying to be soft. I know they scared of Joon. They say about the debt towards him? Oh no- I don’t want him to step into our problem!

Joon stares at me, deeply. He smiles and turn back to face the three of them. “How much?” he asked, briefly. My jaw drops for a second. “Not too many. Just 35- ah, no. It's only 50000 won,” one of them replied, rising his eyebrow.

They're lying at Joon! Didn't Soo Young unnie said that she'd pay 15000 to them? How greedy and selfish they are!

Joon opens up his wallet, takes all of his money and gives it to them.

“The money I gave you, is more than 50000 won. Keep the change. Remember your promise. Leave Yoon A and her family alone,” he replied.

“Of course! Don’t worry about us, young man,” they took the money and leaved.

He’s paying the debt??? Where did he get that freaking much money?

Oh yeah- I almost forgot. He’s a rich guy right? Of course that kind of debt is too little and easy to solve...

“Yoon A, are you ok?” he came towards me who was hiding behind a shady tree. He grabs my arms and pulls me towards him. He warms me with his hug.

“Don’t worry. They will not bother you again,” he said, calmed. I break the hug, after my cheek went hot and blush. But as his eyes meet with mine, the tears burst out. I just- too grateful.

Joon... I’ve never thought he’s so kind and care of others. He fascinates me with his sweet smile. “Don’t cry, Yoon A. Everything is ok,” he said and wiped away my tears.

For the second time, he hugs my thin body. I collapse into his chest.

He’s being too good towards me...

Thank you so much, Joon...

I don’t know if I am able to pay your kindness...

This is surely the angel-side of him.


Chapter 4 is done! Yeay! Are you happy?

I put a romantic scene for Joona Couple <3

I just love them!

As usual, I'm sorry if my English is not so well (I'm still a student, you know?) *LOL

I hope you enjoy reading this chapter :)

Thanks for your pleasure to read mine. Oh, and please stick to my story till the end :D

Kamsahamnida!!!