Chapter 3 : The Debt that is Hard to be Paid...

We Were Meant to Be

Yoon A *POV

I was alone, here, in the class. Sunny rushes out after the both of us enjoy some chitchat together, when suddenly she notices her teacher is in his way to her classroom. She left without a warm farewell.

I feel lonely-

I sigh hardly. I wish I could be like the others. Chattering, sharing stories- But I can’t. All the girls here are avoiding me, since yesterday. I cursed myself, for the stupid thing I did- accepted to bring Joon around the school. I wish I could turn back the time...

I know and I deeply understand that the girls here do not like me too much. Since I schooled here, I’ve never got any peace. As everybody knows, Jae Kyung, Sulli and Hara have declared me as their arch-enemy. I’m totally stressed out because of them! I faithfully hope that God gives me a heart that will never hate other peoples- because, I just can do nothing.

Obviously, God is still not giving me that kind of heart. Because? I own a ‘little’ hate for the newbie, Joon. I think I’m not sure how ton is it. Sometimes, I could feel that I really hate him. But on the other side, I just calm and ignore his deed. His handsome face surely cannot cover up the mess he’d done to me.

Talking about that dude, he’s coming right now. Walking with full of confident, making the girls acting crazily. At the same time, I saw Yuri at the back of Joon. She’s grinning hugely as the handsome Joon was right in front of her.

“Yah, Yuri,” I admonish her as she takes her sit.

“Yeh?” Yuri let her eyes on me.

“Where did you go?” I asked, awkwardly. I think I know where she goes just now. She had told me she wants to go to the toilet. Ah, Yoon A- Actually I want to avoid Joon’s eyes. I could feel he’s staring at me as he sat there. Oh God, please help me...

“I think I have told you that I need to go to the toilet,” Yuri replied, blurring. “Oh yeah... I forgot,” I said, pretending to be dumb.

I quickly move my body to the front with a hope not to see Joon’s cold gaze. Seriously, I really hate it! It’s also bringing up the memory about the embarrassing event that happened yesterday, when he ignored my kind self-introduction. I wish to erase that horrible moment!

“Yoon A,” I heard a deep husky voice calling out my name. I looked at my side and saw Joon already turn his body to face me. I became stuttered all of sudden. “Yy... yeh? Yeh?” I answered, without looking at his face.

How awkward. I feel scared to look into his eyes. The situation becomes silent for a few moments. “You... I kind of annoyed with your colorful hair band. Please take it off,” he said, without any smile to be shown. He’s just too cold and serious!

I stiffed.  See? I told so he stared at me just now. If not, how could he notice my hair band? “But... my hair really needs it,” I replied, being brave. I just couldn’t only take his word for his own desire, and me to suffer. No way!

He glared at me. I know he’s getting mad, and I just wish he does not creating an event here. “Ok, if that so.  Just one question to ask,” as usual, he put his eyes on me without any expression to be seen.

“What?” I asked. “Are you trying to make me freaking mad at you? If you want to know, I’m not good in keeping my temper,” he replied, illustrated the horrific in my eyes.

Joon, he’s pretty scaring me. I nod and open up the hair band. Before he turns into a mad beast, I will let him win. Yeah, he’s adding more ‘HATE’ word in my heart.

***

“Yah, Yoon A!”

I look at my back, innocent. Three girls that I scared the most came towards me, with hatred in each of their eyes.

“Are you deaf? We have told you not to be such an angel for Joon!” Sulli was the first one attacked me.

“Stop your damn charm, Yoon A! You’re biting our patient!” continued Jae Kyung.

Pak!!!

Hara smacked my face. I shouted in pain. It was so hurt. My tears run down through my cheek.

“Serve your right, Yoon A!” Hara smiled evilly.

Both Jae Kyung and Sulli gathered their annoying laugh to be one. I hold my cheek as Hara slapped me there, slowly. It hurts me a lot. After cursing me with bad words, they’re off from here. I’m feeling the pain, alone. 

“Yuri...”

“Sunny...”

I sobbed. I really hope the two of them are here. Calming and relaxing my messing mind.

“Are you ok?”

I look behind. I can’t stop my eyes from getting bigger. I can’t let my jaw from dropping down because of shock.

H-A-T-E

Why is he here?!

He saw me crying? OMG, he’ll think how soft I am!

“What do you want? Let me be here alone,” I replied, cold voice.

“Ok,” he answered, swollen my heart. He walks away, heartless.

He’s driving me nut. He leaved me? I thought he wants to- (Stop dreaming, Yoon A!) That cold heart will persuade me? I’m dead and alive back, he’ll never being sweet towards me!

I keep crying. How pathetic living as Im Yoon A. My cheek is still hurt and pain. But-

“Here,”

I startled. I saw a handkerchief holds by a hand. I turn around, and saw him- AGAIN! I ignore him, and my mouth is about to burst all the dissatisfaction, but he- manages to keep my mouth shut. He zips off my lips, as he softly wipes my hurt cheek. I amazed with his good-look for a complete 10 seconds.

He smiles charmingly and makes his way out from here. “Go to the clinic. Your face doesn’t deserve that,” he exclaimed and walked away.

I... don’t know to say what.

Is that his angel-side?

***

Joon *POV

I saw one of the three girls slapping Yoon A. I feel weird. Why did they do that? I hide myself behind the wall, and saw the evil three out from the empty class.

I’m touched, hearing her crying. I heard she mentioned “Yuri” and “Sunny”’s name. I think I know Yuri as she is one of my classmate, but Sunny? I’ve no idea about who she is.

I can’t let her like that... she’s so pitiful, and there’s nobody to chill her up. I walk towards her just to cheer and bring the normal mood back.

I came over just to show how noble I am, but she ended up everything by her cold replied. I feel annoyed. I’m full of ego that she doesn’t need me, so I just walk away. I know that was too cruel-

Realizing my mistake, and a ‘gentleman’ feel burning inside my heart, I came back towards her. She barefacedly ignores my handkerchief, so I just being warm by wiping her hurt cheek- I am a gentleman, right?-

The little red bruise does not affect her beautiful face at all.

Yoon A. She always captured my attention.

***

Yoon A *POV

“Yoon A! What happened to your face?” Taeyeon unnie’s loud voice has caught everybody’s attention. I don’t want them to worry of me about this small thing. I just... can’t hide it.

“Yoon A?” Yuri rushed towards me. Jessica unnie comes with the first-aid kit. I sit on the sofa at the living room. Everybody makes a perfect round with me at the centre- except Soo Young and Hyoyeon unnies. They’re working and will be back before night.

“What happened, unnie?” Seohyun, the youngest asked. I tried to carve a smile. “Nothing to worry,” I replied. “Yoon A?” Tiffany looked up at me, weirdly. I know they know I’m lying at them. But- I don’t want to make things worst.

I could feel Yuri knew about the incident that happened to me. So does Sunny. I want them to quiet themselves- “Be strong, Yoon A. I know this might hurt a bit,” Jessica unnie said, as she rubbed the soft cotton on my cheek, slowly.

I’m sorry, but I can’t tell you guys. I will just keep myself quiet!

***

“A bad news again,” Hyoyeon started the conversation. We’re shocked as we heard the word “bad”. Oh, how I wish the “bad” will turn to “good”!

All of us keep ourselves quiet. We will just pay our attention on the words that will burst from our elderly sisters.

“I am sorry, girls. This news is more even worse than we must save up our money,” Soo Young replied. Hyoyeon unnie nods her head.

***

“What? We have a debt from a loan shark?!” the seven of us shouted in a great surprise. Our elderly sisters nodded. “We’re not fully-paid to them. You know... life is kind of hard for us these days,” Soo Young unnie explained.

“But why did you borrowed from them, unnie?” Sunny asked. I think that is a little-harsh question. Soo Young and Hyoyeon unnies are looking at each other. They’re depressing a lot, I confirmed with that.

“And since when?”

“Why you didn’t tell us?”

“The story is kind of long. But I will make it brief. Again, I want all of you to forgive us. We never think to burden you even once. But this is for our family’s sake too. You ask since when right? We borrowed the money since last year. On December if I am not mistaken. Both of us, didn’t get our payment that we goal. Jessica also. And, last year there’s no bonus too. So, we’re so tension, where should we find the money for the Christmas and the costs we need to pay for each of your school’s fees that will start a month later. And the bills, the house’s rent, the groceries, the clothes... we’re really lack of money. The solution we took is by borrowing from them. I know it was a bad idea, but our brains were really cloggy on that time,” Soo Young unnie explained.

“How much did we debt, unnie?” Tiffany asked. She’s really brave- Kind of different with me, I’m really scared to know how much it was.

“It is too much... I don’t want you to get scared,” she replied.

“Tell us, please,” Yuri begged.

Hyoyeon unnie sighed. “It is about... 50,000 won?”

All of us, dropping down our jaws. It was... too many. How we’re going to pay them?

“Don’t pressure out, girls. We have paid to them about 15,000 won. It was totally hard to find that freaking too much money, right?”

All of us nodded and looked down.

“Remember this, girls. Please keep this in your mind. They are looking for us now. So, we’re kind.... in danger? Yeah, that word suits. Please be careful. I don’t want something to happen to all of you. They know each of us. But luckily, they don’t know where we lived,”

“Oh, so they know me too?” Seohyun questioned, innocently.

“Yes, dear. That’s why we must be careful now. Totally careful. Alert with the weird peoples you’ve seen ok?”

“But how.... they know us too?” A brilliant question! Yuri is really the brilliant one.

We nod as the question makes us curious. “I drop my purse at their place. I keep each of your pictures in it. I’m sorry, girls. That was something foolish I’ve ever done, I feel like a stupid. I put all of you in a danger,” Soo Young unnie explained, her expression went down. We’re so pity of her and calm her by a warm hug.

“We’ll solve it together,”

“We’re promise to listen up in every single of your advice,”

I smiled. I know that I must be extra careful in every step and move I make after this... Oh, I mean, not just me- but all of us.


Hey, Hey, Hey! I'm here again! Updating the 3rd chapter of "We Were Meant to Be" <3

Seriously, I put all my effort and soul into this story.

Again and again, 

Thank you SO much for reading my fanfic :)

Well, I am new here, so I was kind of - umm? ortodox?

Ahahah xD I'm annoying, right? Sorry :)

Wait - How about my English? Is it ok? I'm sorry if there's any mistakes- grammar or so whatever... as long as you understand mine! ^^ hehee

Hope you enjoy my story! A BIG HUG for each of you!!!