Chapter 1 : My Life

We Were Meant to Be

Yoon A *POV

“Yoon A!!! Wake up!”

I heard someone calling out my name. But my eyes felt too heavy to be open. I pulled up my blanket, ignoring the loud yell.

“Yoon A, it’s time for you to wake up. Come on, you might be late to school!”

As my ears catch the word “school”, automatically I jump out from the bed. My eyes widened. I saw Taeyeon unnie grinning in front of me.

“At last, you wake up!” She glanced at me and laughed. I was like- OMG, I’m sleepy! I show a bitter expression and rub my eyes slowly. I want to sleep. I want to jump back to my bed!

“Yoon A, here,” Tiffany unnie passed a towel to me. I sighed and my fingers grabbed the towel from her hand. My eyes then stare at Seohyun and Sunny who are busy checking their books for today’s learning.

“Quick, Yoon A. Look, everybody has finished bathing and now they’re checking their timetable except you,” Soo Young unnie added. I sighed again, and make a way to the bathroom.

Jessica unnie who step out from the bathroom just now smiles sheepishly as she walks pass me. “You better fast, Yoon A!”

I nodded with a slight smile. Throw away the laziness, Yoon A, I whispered and gain more ‘school-spirit’.

***

My ears captured the noisiness came from our kitchen and dining room, as I rushed downstairs. I bet all my sisters have already gathered there to have their breakfast. I make a quick step towards the dining room.

“Yoon A!” Yuri called me. She smiles and makes a signal so that I will sit next to her. I nod my head and carve a smile.

“Aigo, Yoon A. Why you’re always late? Quick, eat your meal,” Taeyeon put a bowl in front of me. I coyly smiled. “Mianhae, unnie,” I show off my adorable gaze. She giggles and softly holds my shoulder.

 ***

Every day, all of us walk together to school not far from our house. I mean, not ‘all’.  Soo Young, Jessica and Hyoyeon unnies had finished their studies and now they worked to make up our living. While Taeyeon and Tiffany unnies are in their university life. The rest include me are still studying, living our life as a student in a high school.

Now, let me introduce myself. I’m Im Yoon A, a 17 years old girl and live in Seoul with nine of my sisters. Feeling weird? Please don’t. Having nine sisters is not a nightmare. All of them are so kind and caring. That’s the reason why I love them so much. They took care of me since I was a little, when my parent died in an accident.

They were also the same as me too. Losing their parents and ended up together, being siblings. It was a lucky as God had set up a new life for me, having them by my side. I feel grateful. I feel happy. Forever, they are my sisters and no one can break us apart.

I lived with them since I was eleven. How I met with them? It was a wonderful story to be shared. And I’m glad they found me that have no spirit to live after the death of my parent.

Flashing back the memory...

I was eleven on that time. My parent died after involved in a car accident. At that time, I felt the world had over for me. I have nothing left. I’m not born in a rich and wealth family. But I felt grateful as I own a happy and loving family.

The death of my beloved parent suffers me a lot. My grandpa and grandma had passed away since I was in kindergarten. I was too little to know that the world is too cruel for me. I have nobody to take care of me, and that was really pathetic. I cried like there’s no tomorrow. I always thought that God being unfair towards me.

Until I met the six of them... they promised to bring me together and live with them. They wanted to take care of me, although we didn’t have any blood relation. I felt honored. The six angels were Soo Young, Hyoyeon and Jessica, who’re each of them were 17 and 18, Taeyeon and Tiffany who were 13 on that time and Yuri that has the same age as me.

A year later, we found Sunny and Seohyun. Until now, the sisters are perpetual nine and living together under the same roof. We are either rich or poor. We live comfortably and never suffer because of hungriness. We’re gratitude of Jessica, Hyoyeon and Soo Young unnies because they got jobs to make up a living for us. We are able to live and study in a university or school thanks to them.

Obviously, I learnt that I should work hard in my life. I know that we cannot just live easily because sometimes we’re penniless. The bills, the school’s fees, food, clothes and others that need money as the main point, realize the nine of us that life... it is really hard.

***

“Yoon A, what are you thinking of? Are you ok?” Yuri led me to the reality. I nodded and smiled warmly. “Nothing, Yuri. There’s no need to worry,” I replied. I stare deeply in her eyes, and I found the peace there.

The class becomes haywire and rip-roaring as the teacher is still not here. I look around and gaze at the place that is empty by my side. I almost forgot. A couple of days ago, my ‘neighbor’, Hyomin moved from this school because of her dad’s new job in Incheon. I miss her a lot. She’s one of my best friends here.

I have no choice. I should let her go, even though it is hard for me to do it. And now, I’ve no one by my side. I’ve no ‘neighbor’ that will always share anything together. Yuri sits at the back of me. Sunny? Unfortunately, she’s not in my class. The feels is not good when I’m alone...

“What? A new transferred student?”

“You’re joking right?”

“I’ve heard that he’s handsome and good looking!”

“Just hope that Yoon A is not interested in him,”

I blurred. My forehead wrinkling as my name became one of the main point in their gossip. What is the relationship between the guy and me? Yuri whispered, “Ignore them, Yoon A. They’re always jealous with you.”

“But I can’t understand them till now. Why they need to envy of me? What wrong that I did?” I asked Yuri, sad. “Because you’re too pretty, Yoon A,” she murmured at my ears. I look at her without blinking my eyes. “It’s true. Don’t look at me like that!” Yuri chuckled. I sighed, hopeless. Everybody has their own beauty. For me, there’s no need to get jealous of other peoples.

“Yah, Yoon A!” someone was shouting my name and hit my desk. I startled, and my eyes gaze the three of them who’re standing right in front of me. Jae Kyung, Sulli and Hara stare sharply at me.

“I warn you, stays away from the new transferred student that will arrive in any time from now, understand?”

I look at Jae Kyung who has no smile on her face.

Sulli and Hara presented their special dead gaze.

“But, why?” I asked, innocently. I have no clue why they must warn me like that. Why can't I make a friend with the peoples around me? And include the new student that later will become my classmate?

“Why? Did you just ask why? Don’t you dare to ask why after you took over all the heart of the handsome guys in our school!” Hara was like a bomb that will explode out. My eyes glance at them, scared. Tears finally form in my eyes.

“Yah!!! Stop bothering Yoon A could you?” I heard Yuri shouts to defend me. “Yuri, can you just shut up your mouth and stay away from us?” Sulli harshly replied.

“Remember it, Yoon A. Stop fascinating other boys with your stupid sweet charm!” they are giving their last warn and walk away.

“Be strong, Yoon A. Just wipe them away from your mind,” Yuri kindly persuaded me. I try to control my emotion and quickly lie on her shoulder, before she hugs me.

I just couldn’t understand them...

***

Joon *POV

“Joon, quick dear,”

I grab my sling bag and follow my mom’s step towards the car.

Ah, new school. I’m being tired of it. This is the fifth school. Should I say the next unlucky school? I wonder how it would be. Please welcome me warmly, a student that will surely bring up many problems for you! I laughed quietly.

“Joon, I really hope that you will not make any problem in your new school. Please, dear,” Mom advised me. Oh, I really bored of it. I think this is the thousand times; my mom gives me the same advice. “Yeh, Omma, no need to worry,” I replied, half-heartedly.

We reach the school. I ruffle my hair and get ready to meet- Wait a sec-this school? My eyes opened up large. “Om... Omma! This school... How could you transfer me here? I don’t want to move here! Shireo, Omma!” I speak up, unsatisfied. “Accept it, Joon. This is a moral value so that you will not make a problem again,” Mom smiled.

I look horrible, I swear. There is no smile or a charming expression to be shown right now, as I was angry with my mom for transferring me to this low standard school.

“Go to their office, Joon. Make sure you give them all your files and meet your form teacher.” I nodded and jumped out from the car. Seriously, I want to cry-

I sighed. “Aish- with this kind of school I have no mood to play around,” I murmured. I walk in the school hallway with a crack heart. I reach the office and greet the clerk friendly – or actually I’m trying hard to be friendly!

“So, you’re Lee Joon, right? Aigo, look how handsome you are,” the clerk praised me. I smiled and gave her all my files. “Ok, Joon. Welcome to our school. Hope you will comfortable with the condition here,” she said and gave a piece of paper.

“Go and find your form teacher, arasseo?” the clerk added.

Aish- this school has successfully annoyed me. I couldn’t stand this! I look around, awfully.

This is your school, Joon...

I’m trying hard to accept it, but “Shireo!!!” I shook my head, didn’t want to believe the fact.

***

“Miss Yoon?” I questioned a well-dressed lady that was sitting at her place in the teachers’ room.

“Yeh? What can I help you?” she smiled.

“Ahnyeonghaseyo,” I greeted her and bowed. “I’m Lee Joon, the new student. I’ve been informed that you’re my class teacher,” I explained.

“So you are? At last, you’d arrived. Welcome, Joon! I’m your class teacher, Miss Yoon. I will accompany you to your class.” Miss Yoon replied.

Class, huh? I nod, unwillingly.

***

Yoon A *POV

“Where is him? I really can’t wait the moment to meet that guy!”

I heard Jae Kyung’s voice shouts happily. I look at my back. Yuri is finishing the work gave by our English teacher who is absent today. “Yoon A? What’s wrong?” Yuri asked, as she detected that I’m staring at her. I smile warmly. “Nothing...,” I replied, covered up the sadness caused by the three of the girls who keep bothered me with their bad words. I don’t want Yuri to get worry because of me.

“Attention, students,”

I quickly looked forward, and saw Miss Yoon, our class teacher came in.

All the students keep their mouth shut to hear Miss Yoon’s words.

“As all of you know, today we have a new student that will study together with you in this class. I hope you will welcome him warmly and become a good friend with him,” Miss Yoon giving out the foreword.

“Let me introduce you, Lee Joon,” Miss Yoon’s voice rises up as she burst out the student’s name.

The tall guy confidently makes his way to the centre of the class and faces the students.

“Oh My Gosh, he’s really hot!”

“How handsome he is!”

"Drop dead gorgeous guy!"

I glance at the girls who act enthusiastically because of the new student. Especially Jae Kyung, Sulli and Hara. The other girls keep squealing, making the surrounding even hotter. And I take a look at Yuri too. She’s smiling seeing the nice view in front of the class. I shake my head, feeling funny. And I could feel that the pressure in our class also rises up.

“Ahnyeonghaseyo, I’m Lee Joon,” he greets well.

“Joon, please have a sit at the empty place, next to our pretty angel, Yoon A,”

“What? Oh, this is unfair! He’ll be sitting next to Yoon A?”

“Yoon A keeps being the lucky one,”

“Please say that it wasn’t true!”

“I hope the new guy will not charm Yoon A,”

I heard the unsatisfied words from the girls. While the guys sighed and coldly stared at Joon. At the same time, I feel guilty. Joon walks towards the place and quickly take a sit next to me.

Why... Why... I feel nervous?

Yoon A, you must be friendly towards your new classmate. Don’t be haughty! Especially the newbie is sitting right beside of you!

I gain my courage and strength and I turn my head to greet him. As my mouth want to speak out the word “Hello”, Joon turns his face and-

Our eyes meet. I don’t know why, the word seems to be lost and I ended up didn’t say anything towards him.

I can’t deny it too.

He’s really... a good looking one.


How was the first chapter? :) I feel so happy if you like it! And thank you so much for reading my first ever fanfic :D Please stay glue with my story... *ngeee

Love you all! <3

Joon + Yoona = Joona Couple! *I really love them! I hope you love them too! ~