chapter 3

Beast Behind the Beauty

 

“Good morning…” His whisper was barely inaudible. His voice was a bit hoarse. But it was more than enough for him to come back from the dream land and greeted the morning. “Princess.” Eunhyuk was weak for his sweet words.

Eunhyuk opened his eyes only to see Kyuhyun by his side, lying down on their bed, disheveled  hair, sleepy yet warm eyes looking right at him, soft smile carved on his face, his husband. “You’re early…” Eunhyuk mumbled as he leaned his body closer to the taller man.

Kyuhyun’s white shirt was crumpled and its upper button was opened. Eunhyuk could see his defined collarbone and the upper part of his slightly built chest. It was just too much to start his morning. Eunhyuk leaned in and planted a peck on the defined collarbone while the taller man chuckled as he let himself being showered with kisses by his spouse.

“So much to start the day, Mr. Lee…” Kyuhyun whispered while the smaller man only smiled between his kisses.

“I’m a Cho now.” Eunhyuk whispered and Kyuhyun let out a soft laugh.

“My dearest Cho Hyukjae.” He claimed.

“I miss you…” Eunhyuk said as he moved his fingers to his husband’s shirt and opened the rest of his buttons but he failed because Kyuhyun cut him by pulling him on a kiss. Kyuhyun’s lips were soft and addicting. His kiss was gentle and loving yet Eunhyuk could feel his passion and desire. It was overwhelming.

“I miss you too…” Kyuhyun whispered back as he the skin on Eunhyuk’s torso.

“You’re too caught up with your works.” Eunhyuk complained while Kyuhyun chuckled on the other hand.

“You’re beautiful.” He whispered softly as he planted kiss on Eunhyuk’s forehead. “I can’t get enough of you.” His one more time sweet words melted Eunhyuk’s heart. No, it was Eunhyuk who wouldn’t get enough of his husband.

Kyuhyun pulled him closer and planted another kiss on his lips. His lips nibbled his bottom lips and his tongue intruded his cavern as he parted his lips apart. Kyuhyun pulled himself to his top and squeeze his body to the mattress while Eunhyuk moaned when he felt Kyuhyun’s gentle touch on his torso.

Kyuhyun managed to open the button of Eunhyuk’s loose shirt and his fingers moved to caress the soft skin of Eunhyuk’s chest. Eunhyuk moaned, biting his lips to restrain the whimpers that kept coming from his mouth.

Eunhyuk circled his hands around Kyuhyun’s neck, pulling him closer to his body while Kyuhyun only  smiled as he deepen their kiss in any way possible. Eunhyuk felt Kyuhyun’s hand moved south to his pants and his whimpers only courage him more but he stop by the loud cry by the side of the room.

Eunhyuk’s eyes snapped open, alarmed by the loud cry. He broke the kiss and pushed Kyuhyun’s body aside, before he dashed to leave the bed while Kyuhyun groaned in discontent. Eunhyuk ran to a wooden crib by the other side of the room. There laid his bundle of joy.

His big doe eyes were teary while his snub nose was red. His cheeks were puffy and decorated with a shade of red color. His hands were tightly holding on his favorite blanket as he tried to chew it with his toothless mouth.

He was looking right at Eunhyuk before he let go of the said blanket and raised his hands, asking to be carried by his mother. His legs were kicking on the air and he exclaimed in glee when Eunhyuk finally lifted him from his crib.

“Good morning, baby boy.” Eunhyuk said as he rocked the baby’s body while the little one let out some incoherent words like he was talking back to the adult. “Look, your father’s awake.” Eunhyuk said as he pointed on Kyuhyun who was sitting on their bed while the taller guy only glared at the little boy.

The baby’s doe eyes were glued on his father’s figure and he mumbled a bit as his thin lips formed a pout at his father. Kyuhyun chuckled a bit when he saw the small pout while the little one wiggled his body and whined. He wanted to be carried by his father.

Eunhyuk brought him to their bed and gently settled him on Kyuhyun’s lap. Kyuhyun had his back on the head of the bed while he rested his long legs on the mattress while the baby had his head and his back on Kyuhyun’s stomach while his legs on Kyuhyun’s lap.

“Good morning, mood crusher.” Kyuhyun said with a sly smile and earned a smack from Eunhyuk. The little one was giggling happily when Kyuhyun gave him his hand and he played with his father’s big fingers.

Eunhyuk leaned his head on Kyuhyun’s shoulder and his hand joined Kyuhyun’s hand while the baby busied himself with his mother’s slender fingers.

“Let’s stay like this forever.” Eunhyuk whispered and he saw Kyuhyun smiled at him.

Kyuhyun’s smile. Kyuhyun’s eyes. Kyuhyun’s sweet words. Kyuhyun’s affection. Kyuhyun’s love… Kyuhyun only was enough… Yes, Eunhyuk wanted to stay like this forever.

 

 

“Hyukjae…” And one more time that dazzling eyes were staring right at him.

“Yes?” Eunhyuk asked. His eyes were wide open as felt his heartbeat quickened a bit because of the closeness of the two of them.

“You were spacing out.” Kyuhyun said and Eunhyuk blushed in an instant.

“I-I’m sorry.” He apologizing, not knowing what else to say.

“No need to apologize. It’s nothing, Hyukjae.” Kyuhyun said.

“Mind to share what you were talking about?” Eunhyuk’s mother asked, happy with the intimacy between the two young men.

“It’s just the two of us were shocked by the news.” Kyuhyun answered with a smile plastered on his face while the smaller man remained silent.

“It is a sudden step, we know.” Kyuhyun’s mother said. “But it is the best time for the two of you to get married.”

“Can I have a moment with Hyukjae, please?” Kyuhyun asked and Eunhyuk’s mother nodded rather instantly. Kyuhyun excused them before he led Eunhyuk out of the dining room, and there they were, back to the balcony where they met.

“What’s wrong?” Eunhyuk asked, puzzled because Kyuhyun said nothing since the time they reached the balcony.

“Tell me the truth, Hyukjae. Do you want this for real?” Kyuhyun asked bluntly while Eunhyuk’s eyes widened in an instant.

Yes! He wanted this. He wanted this more than anything.  He desired Kyuhyun since the first time he saw him by the market. Kyuhyun was the reason for Eunhyuk’s silly request to get married, thinking that his parents would give him freedom to look for his own partner.

He was wrong because it was after all his father that would choose a partner for him, but fortune was on his side. His father’s choice landed on Kyuhyun. The only guy that he ever desired.

“I thought so…” Kyuhyun mumbled when Eunhyuk chose to remain silent.

“What?” Eunhyuk creased one of his eyebrows, he was confused.

“You don’t want this, right?” Kyuhyun asked and Eunhyuk’s mind really told him to deny Kyuhyun’s sentence. “I don’t want it too.” He continued and Eunhyuk felt his world crumbled.

“Why?” Eunhyuk asked. He felt defeated, even before the battle begin. Kyuhyun didn’t want him. His manner, his charming attitude, those eyes that were staring intently at him, it was just a friendly gesture.

“We’re stranger, Hyukjae. I must say you’re fun to be with, and I feel comfortable around you. But that’s all. We don’t know each other, we’re complete stranger.” Kyuhyun reasoned.

“That’s the point of an arranged married. It’s not that if we know each other.” Eunhyuk said bitterly, while Kyuhyun chuckled on the other hand.

“Marriage is sacred and it’s one in a life time opportunity.” Kyuhyun said while Eunhyuk nodded.

“We could give it a try.” Eunhyuk said. He won’t let go of Kyuhyun. Not before a fight.

“Just because your parents want you to marry me, you’ll sacrifice your chance to be happy for a lifetime?” Kyuhyun asked in disbelief and Eunhyuk nodded. Little did Kyuhyun knew, Eunhyuk does want to marry him.

“You’re crazy.”

“My parents were never been happier than this.” Eunhyuk said while Kyuhyun chose to stay silent on the other hand.

“I still don’t think the marriage will work.” Kyuhyun said as he left the balcony. Eunhyuk followed him back to the dining room and he could see the anxiety on their parent’s face. Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk did left for a long time.

“You two seemed to be discussing something.” Kyuhyun’s mother said and Kyuhyun nodded in return to confirm it.

“We-“ don’t say that… don’t say that you didn’t want the marriage.. don’t cancel the plan… Eunhyuk’s mind screamed frantically as he watched the taller man.

“We’ll give it a try.” Eunhyuk blurred out of sudden and he could see Kyuhyun’s eyes widened in an instant. “It might be too fast and sudden but we’ll give a try.” He continued and the elder smiled in delight as they heard it. They were relieved.

“Can we not rush it?” Eunhyuk asked and the elder beamed as they nodded in approval.

He smiled as he saw how happy both couples were but he soon regretted his action when he saw Kyuhyun sigh in discontent.

 

 

***

 

 

“You look down.”  Siwon said as he watched Eunhyuk fixed up the collar of his shirt while the smaller man only smiled at him in return, it was weak and fake. “You should be happy.”

“I am happy.” Eunhyuk said, looking at the mirror in front of him. He was pleased. Siwon stated that he looked stunning but he thought he wasn’t even close to that.

“It’s your wedding day, Hyukjae.” Siwon stated and Eunhyuk finally turned to see the taller man.

“I know. I’m aware of that.” Eunhyuk said. “I’m just worried about Kyuhyun.” He continued and his mind once more drifted away, thinking about his soon-to-be partner of life.

“Not that again.” Siwon sighed. He knew Eunhyuk was hesitant. He knew the smaller man was afraid. It has been weeks since Eunhyuk encountered Kyuhyun’s family and Siwon lost count on how many times Eunhyuk stated that the marriage wasn’t a good thing.

It wasn’t because Eunhyuk didn’t want the marriage. He would die for it. He just couldn’t stop thinking about Kyuhyun. His mind kept on reminding him of Kyuhyun’s disagreement with the idea. The least that he wanted was for Kyuhyun to be unhappy. Like their last encounter when Kyuhyun sighed, looking at how happy their parents were. He preferred to see Kyuhyun smiling at him, just like when they first met by the ball.

“What’s with that frown?” Eunhyuk asked in annoyance.

“You’re seriously having problem with self-confidence.”

“Siwon, I’m being serious. I don’t want him to see this marriage as a burden.” Eunhyuk said.

“You can’t, Hyukjae-ah. He already sees it that way. You can still make him change his mind.” Siwon assured him. “Make him fall for you. Make him the happiest man alive. And in the end he will feel blessed for being your partner.” He continued.

“I can’t, Siwon. I can’t.” Eunhyuk said, eyes full of anxiety. “I’ll just call off the wedding.” He continued while visible frown appeared on the taller man’s face.

“Eunhyuk, he’s waiting for you on the altar. Even when he didn’t want the wedding, he’s not backing away. Do you know how bad he would feel when you leave him like that?” Siwon reasoned. “You’re just making it worse.”

“But I can’t marry him!” Hyukjae spat. “I can’t make him happy, I know it!” He continued.

“I told you one last time, you can, Hyukjae.” Siwon said, firm and stern. “Now, go out, start the wedding or I’ll drag you to the altar by myself.” He continued.

 

 

***

 

 

The entire guest rose from their seat when the sound of the pipe organ echoed throughout the church and all eyes darted to Eunhyuk who stepped inside the big room with his father by his side. He smiled, weak, but people couldn’t see the hesitation and fear on his face. They only thought that Eunhyuk was embarrassed being the center of the attention.

“I’m so happy for you, son.” His father whispered while Eunhyuk could only answer him with a sentence of gratitude. “Even though I expect you to be waiting for your bride on that altar, not being escorted like this by me. I’m still happy for you.”

Eunhyuk looked to his front and there Kyuhyun was, standing tall in front of him, smiling as his eyes locked to his own. He looked perfect being wrapped by a set of black tuxedo, he was just beautiful. He trimmed his dark hair by few inches, making him look more mature but Eunhyuk didn’t mind it at all. The fact that Kyuhyun was there overwhelmed him already.

“Take care of him, Kyuhyun. I’m praying for your happiness.” His father said as they reached the altar and Kyuhyun smiled as he nodded before he took Eunhyuk’s hand and led him closer to the pastor.

“You look amazing.” Kyuhyun said in whisper as he locked his eyes to Eunhyuk while the smaller man blushed, looking down to his feet.

“You didn’t back away.” Eunhyuk said.

“I thought you want us to give it a try.” He whispered softly and Eunhyuk felt touch by his sweet words. “Eyes on me, Hyukjae. Only at me.” He ordered and Eunhyuk finally dared himself to look up, locking their eyes to each other.

The pastor started the ceremony but Eunhyuk couldn’t pay attention on what he said. His mind kept drifting away, enjoying the warmth on Kyuhyun’s hands that kept holding to his own. He was dreaming, because it was just too good to be true.

The pastor asked Kyuhyun’s best man to step closer and the tall guy handed Kyuhyun a ring, simple silver ring with a small diamond on its center. It was simple yet pretty. It was perfect on Eunhyuk’s eyes. Kyuhyun has the ring on his right hand and he held Eunhyuk’s hand with his left one. Eunhyuk trembled as he heard the pastor asked Kyuhyun to repeat his words and soon it vanish when he felt Kyuhyun rubbed the back of his palm with his thumb, silently calming him down.

“I, Cho Kyuhyun, take you, Lee Hyukjae, to be my spouse, my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did the day before. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together. I give you my hand, my heart, and my love, from this day forward, for as long as we both shall live.” He said, slowly but certain, firm yet gentle, as he slipped the silver ring on Eunhyuk’s finger.

Eunhyuk held his breath as he looked at the ring on his finger and turned his gaze to the taller man while he could see Kyuhyun smiled reassuringly at him and he felt a squeeze on his hand before he let go.

Siwon stepped closer to him and handed him Kyuhyun’s ring. It was similar to the one on his finger but it was bigger and he saw his initial carved on the inside part of the ring. The pastor asked him to repeat his words once more and he did. Hesitant and a bit stammering.

“I, Lee Hyukjae, take you, Cho Kyuhyun, to be my husband, my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did the day before. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together. I give you my hand, my heart, and my love, from this day forward, for as long as we both shall live.” He said as he slipped the ring on Kyuhyun’s finger. It fitted perfectly.

Kyuhyun chuckled silently at him, completely aware with his nervousness while Eunhyuk on the other side let out a relieve sigh as once more Kyuhyun took his hands and held it tight.

“Now I pronounce you, spouses for life.” The pastor said as he extended his arms. “You may kiss your bride.” He continued as he looked at Kyuhyun and one more time, Eunhyuk felt his body tremble badly.

Kyuhyun took a step closer as he let go of Eunhyuk’s hands. He leaned his body lower, adjusting himself with Eunhyuk’s height as he rested one of his hands on Eunhyuk’s neck and the other one on Eunhyuk’s waist. “You did well…” Kyuhyun whispered before he sealed their lips together and Eunhyuk felt himself melting as he rested his hands on Kyuhyun’s body.

Kyuhyun’s lips were intoxicating. Eunhyuk was drowned as he savored his kiss, he didn’t want to let go. Kyuhyun took his breath away with his kiss. He took Eunhyuk’s soul with each second their lips met. Eunhyuk could hear the loud applause that came from the audience but it was none compared to the loud sound of his own beating heart. It was his first kiss… It was perfect.

Kyuhyun broke the kiss but he still had his hand circled on Eunhyuk’s waist. Kyuhyun guided him out of the church and led him to their vehicle. The black car was parked right in front of the church. Their driver was waiting for them as the door as he opened the door of the well polished car. He closed the door after both Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk settled inside the vehicle and he drove the car away from the church.

Hyukjae could see his parents smiled sweetly at him as they sent him off and he waved his hands to them. He kept his gazes to his parents and turned his gaze back to his front after he couldn’t find a glimpse at them.

“That went well.” Kyuhyun stated as he rested his body on the tender cushion and Eunhyuk chose to do the same. He let out a long sigh as he run his fingers through his hair.

“I guess so.” He mumbled. “I really thought you’ll run away from the wedding.” He stated.

“What makes you think so?” Kyuhyun asked, both amused and puzzled by Eunhyuk’s statement.

“You were against this idea from the beginning.” Eunhyuk said bluntly.

“It’s pointless to argue.” Kyuhyun stated. “My parents are head over heels with you.” He chuckled.

“What about you?” Eunhyuk asked, recalling the first time they spent their time together, when Kyuhyun asked him the very same question on the ball while Kyuhyun only chuckled.

Maybe we really could work this out… Eunhyuk thought as he smiled to the man on his side.

 

***